Like, um, you know, seriously, yeah

Posted by GameMiestro

How often do you use the above grammatically unsound phrases in casual conversation? Be honest...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I use "seriously" a lot if I'm joking around. And that's usually just online. Rarely use "like," "um" I guess I can say somewhat frequently, and "yeah"... I have no clue.

So, "Once in a while, but I really don't pay attention" it is.

Posted by GameMiestro

Listening to young, teenage girls talk can be very amusing if you're paying attention to this sort of thing.

Personally, my favourite is "I seen."

Posted by WackoHater2

Everyone once in a while. Not a whole lot. And when I do I usually don't notice.

Posted by muffla

yea umm i dno like serusly i have no clue i ummm think i dont use it to much well umm maybe like once in a wile ummm i dno what else to say you know like yea

Posted by The Judge

I rarely use any of them, but I use them nonetheless.

Posted by Bebop

I use them all. Mostly when being sarcastic or trying to wind someone up like.

Posted by Kit

I use them all once in a while. Saying "Yeah" and "um" are far more often than the others, though, so quite a lot for those two.

Posted by Ant

I'm probably pretty bad in this aspect. Or maybe not...idk.

Posted by NES Queen

only if i'm trying to poke fun at someone/ something

Posted by Speedfreak

English has a billion exceptions anyway, it's hardly a perfect language. Fuck it.

Posted by NES Queen

i find it funny though that a ton of people all over the world know english, yet us americans barely know anything else. i love the good ol' united states of arrogance.

If everyone around the world knows english, what's the point of learning anything else =p

Posted by G-Sides

i use "dude" but you didn't mention it so

Posted by Dexter

Very often. I say "like" probably more than anyone here would expect me to do so.

Posted by junior senior

I use "dude" and "like" a lot. :(

Posted by mis0

I seriously say seriously far too often. Seriously.

Posted by The Judge

I noticed "like" seems to be a very popular phrase amoungst younger people, who grow out of it relatively fast. Happened to me.

Posted by KoH

I use them sarcastically or in a joke. Especially the word "like." Although yeah, sometimes I say it just due to habit.

Posted by Skitzo Control

When I pee, I feel something like a burning sensation. You know, I can't recall when it started, but... yeah... um... seriously, could this mean something bad?

Posted by Slade

I use "yeah" and "like" a lot both online and off. I've been cutting back on my consumption of "you know," though.

So I consider myself right in between the top two choices, but I'll choose the top one just so everyone thinks I'm really annoying.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Misoxeny: I seriously say seriously far too often. Seriously.

Seriously?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=NES Queen]i find it funny though that a ton of people all over the world know english, yet us americans barely know anything else. i love the good ol' united states of arrogance.

I think you'll find that's our arrogance, thank you very much.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I use to say "Like" a lot when I spoke, but I stopped.

"um" "you know" "Seriously" I don't think I use those a lot.

I would say that "yeah" is the word that keeps coming back, but I'm not trying to stop saying it anyway.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Add "basically" and you've got my speech.

Posted by Klarth

I say "like" occasionally, and if I'm trying to **** someone off or prolong a conversation I'll open up with a tirade of "seriously, y'know, totally". Also, when I'm talking about someone saying something I'll always be all like "he was all like" out of a sense of irony.

Other than that, my vehemently verbacious vocabulary violates my voluptuous tendencies to violate the vindictive vaudeville that is our venerated mother tongue. Huzzah!

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Klarth: Other than that, my vehemently verbacious vocabulary violates my voluptuous tendencies to violate the vindictive vaudeville that is our venerated mother tongue. Huzzah!

Voila! In view etc etc etc

Posted by Hammered On

Quite often.. I'm tragically shy, if it's any excuse.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Speedfreak: I think you'll find that's our arrogance, thank you very much.

I believe we've changed the language and usage of it enough to consider what we speak to be "American."

Posted by Ant

That's why Teddy Roosevelt is on Mount Rushmore.

Posted by The Judge

I don't get it.

Posted by Ant

He the reason why we spell it color here instead of "colour". And many other words like center, harbor, etc.

LEARNING IS FUN!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The Judge]I believe we've changed the language and usage of it enough to consider what we speak to be "American."

...what does that have to do with what I quoted or said?

Posted by The Judge

[quote=NES Queen]i find it funny though that a ton of people all over the world know english, yet us americans barely know anything else. i love the good ol' united states of arrogance.
[quote=Speedfreak]I think you'll find that's our arrogance, thank you very much.
I took that to mean that it's your language, ie. the English language.

Posted by maian

When describing something, I'm awfully bad at saying "Like" a lot.

Otherwise, I use "Yeah" and "Um" a lot. Most of the time I know I'm saying them though, it's not something that just comes out.

Posted by Last Fog

I always say "you know" and "I dunno". Thats about it.