EverQuest

Posted by Fei-on Castor

So, has anyone else played this ridiculously addictive game?

For me, it's fun for a while, then I cancel my subscription for a few months. Then when I suddenly get a hankering for it again, I reactivate my subscription for one month, play it to my heart's content, and then let it die out again for a while.

But it is a fun game, especially since they added the progressive servers.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I enjoyed it for awhile, but then I realized that college and everquest weren't a good combination. I was on Sullon Zek. It was fun.

Posted by KoH

As strange as this is to hear... my Bible class teacher was heavy into Everquest. Not Everquest 2, but... just Everquest. My reaction when I heard this is similiar to the emoticon used by AIM when you hit control+alt+5.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting KoH: As strange as this is to hear... my Bible class teacher was heavy into Everquest. Not Everquest 2, but... just Everquest. My reaction when I heard this is similiar to the emoticon used by AIM when you hit control+alt+5.

Most people who like EQ don't like EQ2 and vice versa. I don't really care much for EQ2, but I love EQ1.

Posted by KoH

I knew that was generally the case, but I never knew why? Any reason?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Because of how different they are from each other. I thought both were fun. EQ2 was a much longer grind, though. I found it to be more fluid and story driven than the first though.

I was more of a Final Fantasy Online and WoW player, though.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting KoH: I knew that was generally the case, but I never knew why? Any reason?

They're really quite different styles. I've not played much of EQ2, but people tell me that it's more like WoW than EQ.

Posted by KoH

Aah, that would explain it. I can see the reasoning behind it too. A lot of people want to play EQ without it being a lot like WoW whereas others want to play a game like WoW but not exactly the same. Makes sense.