favorite miyazaki film

Posted by ed elric

alright i'm pretty sure a lot of you know who hayao miyazaki is. this thread is just to see which miyazaki filmothers like best. to start I guess I wil say that mine would have to be "whisper of the heart". to me this movie was simply moving.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Princess Mononoke, hands down. Subbed or dubbed, it's a masterpiece.

Posted by Ayu

I have to agree Princees Mononoke was one of the best films. I did also like, Spirited Away, though.

Posted by Dexter

I can't decide which one I like better: Princess Mononoke or Nausicaä of the Valley of the Winds. They have so many similarities, with the nature theme and all. I've watched them both quite a few times and I'm starting to lean more towards Valley of the Winds. Something about the music and the childhood flashbacks wins me over. I also enjoy the main character and tend to care about her more. Not many fans of Princess Mononoke have even seen Valley of the Winds, sadly enough. I suggest you all do. I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

And didn't he only partially write Whisper of the Heart? I don't know if I can give him the proper credit for that film or consider it totally his work like I can with the films he directs. I adored Whisper of the Heart though. Definitely a cute, moving, true-to-life story that gets me all teary-eyed.

Posted by Ayu

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Winds, huh? I've heard of it, but I've never seen it. I may look it up, though. If it's anything like his other films, I'll love it.

Posted by Dexter

You will. It took me a long time to get the motivation to finally watch it. I didn't think it was going to be one of his better films or one that I would prefer, mostly because it was one of his oldest films. It's possibly my favorite anime film ever, along with Princess Mononoke. It's so difficult to choose between the two.

Posted by ed elric

while princess mononoke was great, and Nausicaä was ok. I still would have to go with whisper of the heart because it seems top be the only one that is set in real life and doesn't include any mythical creatures. don't get me wrong I love sll his films but I just think it was his best.

Posted by Phantasma2

Princess Mononoke, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Winds and Spirited Away.

Since, you know, I've only seen those 3.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, Princess Mononoke, and Castle in the Sky.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting ed elric: I still would have to go with whisper of the heart because it seems top be the only one that is set in real life and doesn't include any mythical creatures. don't get me wrong I love sll his films but I just think it was his best.

That's because it's not really his film, neither is The Cat Returns.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Dexter: That's because it's not really his film, neither is The Cat Returns.

Then who made it?

Posted by Dexter

Hiroyuki Morita did The Cat Returns and Yoshifumi Kondo did Whisper of the Heart.

Anyone have suggestions for anime films that are like Whisper of the Heart?

Posted by Apathetic

Princess Mononoke.

Posted by ed elric

mononoke is nothing like Whisper of the Heart, and dex i think he co-directed whisper of the heart and the cat returns (which i am dieing to see)

Posted by Zapper

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away were both excellent.
My favorites of Miyazaki. :)

Posted by ExoXile

Mononoke and NausacaÄ.
I watched both with me gal. <3

And the other one's are just about as great.

NausacaÄ's my absolute fave tho.

Posted by Dexter

I grow bored of some of his films. Castle in the Sky and Howl's Moving Castle fall far behind Valley of the Wind and Princess Mononoke. I couldn't rewatch Howl's Moving Castle like I can with Valley of the Wind.

Posted by poisonblood

Wispers of the heart was not made by Miazaki
Miazaki was actually training Yoshifumi Kondo to be his replacement so that Miazaki could retire from the film making buisines but sortly after compleating Wispers of the Heart Yoshifumi Kondo was killed in a car accident and Miazaki continued making movies.

Nausica and the vally of the wind is my favorite

Posted by Roger Smith

I've pretty much enjoy all of his films, though I'd have to say that I like Porco Rosso and Kiki's Delivery Service the most.

Posted by GameMiestro

Mononoke wins any day. Spirited Away is a close second. Lupin III is a distant last.

Posted by Shade

Spirited Away.