Gran Turismo HD

Posted by Klarth

It's here to save the next gen!

Posted by brownoystercult

you are aware of the fact that it's just gt 4 with more features and now in hd?

meaning this won't demonstrate the real power of the ps3, which makes your whole "bash" irrelevant.

ten bucks in the pot says gt 5's graphics and all will blow your mind away.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Uh, the pikes peak escudo, when stage 4 turbo'd, can reach something like 80 or 90 in first gear if you try to. its not impossible. Also, what runkz said.

Fanboy more.

Posted by Klarth

So what was up with all of those prerendered "demos" with Sony reps talking about how it'd receive a "major graphical upgrade" to "demonstrate Cell's power"?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dont know nearly enough about this to try to mount a decent argument. All I know is that stuff only really stays onscreen for a few seconds at best, so it has to be redrawn constantly, as well as the fact that theres a ****load of dudes on that screen.:/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

And it all looks terrible.

A good example of a decent looking racing game is Motorstorm, I believe it's called. So I'm sure GT5 will look a hell of a lot better, if that game is any indication.

Posted by Axis

I just saw pictures like this a few days ago:

[IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/262/granturismohd20060928034354579be5.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Axis

*double post*

You can also find people playing a version just like that above.

Posted by Alan

now that pic does look good, but if gt hd turns out to be to much of the same as gt4, then i don't really think i'll get it, there's no point to getting a version that just looks a little better...

Posted by Klarth

Also a version for which you'll have to pay upwards of £400 to unlock everything.

Posted by Fate

Why would you want to buy things you won't use? Most certainly there are people looking for a specific car not in the game itself, so they would actually pay to download a few. Other people in the same position may want different cars, so those are paid for. Some people don't care for additional tracks or bonuses. Same thing with the 360, only there's more stuff to this particular game.

Quoted post: Why would you want to buy things you won't use? Most certainly there are people looking for a specific car not in the game itself, so they would actually pay to download a few. Other people in the same position may want different cars, so those are paid for. Some people don't care for additional tracks or bonuses. Same thing with the 360, only there's more stuff to this particular game.

whoosh, you're missing the whole the point.

Posted by Klarth

"Why would you want to buy things you won't use"? WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BUY THINGS WHICH SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE ****ING FIRST PLACE? [B]YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KEEPS GOING ON ABOUT DEVELOPERS HAVING MORE SPACE TO WORK WITH ON A BLU-RAY DISC.[/b]

Jesus ****ing christ, you're being such a ****ing idiot right now.

Posted by Fate

$400 worth of stuff is a lot of content, and it was probably not needed to "play the game". Blu-Ray, I think, is for games made from the ground up, not a game like this. That's my guess, anyways.

Quoted post: $400 worth of stuff is a lot of content,

You already got a ****ton of content in GT games as is. And that was at, what, fifty dollars? So, they somehow added 350 dollars worth of extra content? Nah, it's pretty much the same stuff, just all separate. Think of it as bundling or shipping piece by piece.

Posted by GameMiestro

Who wouldn't want to spend $10 for a Burger King car skin?

Posted by .batata

i likeed the twin brother inviting
nyuhhhhh...