I'm getting a car

Posted by The Judge

A new one, to be precise. My father is trying to get me to buy a Yaris, but I don't want it. As my knowledge of cars is nill, my interests are strictly cosmetic, and thus, a car that looks stupid is a no go.

I've saved up $7,000 as my down payment, so that my monthly payments will be relatively low. So I guess the optimum price would be $14,000 or lower, though I suppose if the payments aren't so bad, I could get something more expensive.

I make this thread asking only what type of car to get. Here's what I want to hear and see:

-Pictures of the car in question you suggest
-MPG, both on and off the freeway
-Relative Cost
-Brand make
-Reasons why said car brand is good (explain it in simple terms)

What I don't want to hear is:

-A single car name with nothing else attatched
-Technical jargan that means nothing to me
-Suggestions on getting a used car. Believe me, it's not up to me, and I don't want to hear it.

So please, internet, give me some good choices. Remember, they have to look at least half way decent, or my idiot mind won't like them.

Posted by billards

Saturn Ion*2 Sedan
[IMG]http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/gallery/c458564a.jpg[/IMG]
MPG-24city and 32-34 highway
Has a good warrenty 36months/36000miles and the National Highway Safety Association gave it 5 star Driver and Passenger crash rating.
Good reliability rating
Overall MSN rating of 9.4
Price-14K
Chevrolet Cobalt
[IMG]http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/gallery/c455944a.jpg[/IMG]
MPG-24/32
Has 60 month/100Kmile powertrain warrenty
Overall Rating from MSN is 8.2
No reliability date
Price-12K
Nissan Sentra
[IMG]http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/gallery/c451446a.jpg[/IMG]
MPG-28/34
60month/60000K mile powertrain warrenty. Recieved 4 starts from NHSTA
Overall MSN rating of 8.2
Recieved good Reliablity
Price-13K
Ford Focus(Probably to cute for you though)
[IMG]http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/evox/stills/gallery/3204_46.jpg[/IMG]
MPG-26/32
60month/60K mile warrenty
NHSTA 4 start rating
MSN Rating of 9.4
No reliability rating

Posted by billards

Sorry for the double post but those are cars at or under 14k base. So if you want option it will be over 14K. But if you get a 06 Model they will be offering incentives to get them off the lot so they can have room for the 07's.

Posted by The Judge

Oh yes, I should mention that I want a car, not a truck or any other sort of vehicle.

Posted by Ant

For the love of ***, HAGGLE THEM DOWN TO THE BONE! If you go in there and buy it at the MSRP, well, you'd make that one happy car salesmen.

This car looks nice. About 14,000 something too!

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsSpecs&vehicleCode=M3S

Posted by Lord of Spam

you're going to have to beFAR more specific about what you want to get out of this car for me to offer an decent advice. Do you want something that gets decent gas mileage? Are you more concerned with cargo capacity, passenger space, etc? How flexible is your price range? Are you planning on using this for anything sporting? We need FAR more details to be of any real help.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Go with the Yaris. Pretty **** fun little car.

Or what Ant said, since my friend has that and seems pretty cool.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Lord of Spam: you're going to have to beFAR more specific about what you want to get out of this car for me to offer an decent advice. Do you want something that gets decent gas mileage? Are you more concerned with cargo capacity, passenger space, etc? How flexible is your price range? Are you planning on using this for anything sporting? We need FAR more details to be of any real help.

Should have at least 4 seats, 4 doors is prefferable, I'll be doing no weird sporty stuff, I just intend to use it as my main mode of transportation (on roads). Cargo space isn't much of a concern.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It will be.

Posted by billards

Quoting Ant: For the love of ***, HAGGLE THEM DOWN TO THE BONE! If you go in there and buy it at the MSRP, well, you'd make that one happy car salesmen.

This car looks nice. About 14,000 something too!

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsSpecs&vehicleCode=M3S

haha you must know a lot about car salesmen. It is freakin hard to get a car at MSRP especially a Mazda 3. They are pretty popular cars, and they will be marked up and outfitted pretty well. But this is the time to get a good 06 for cheap since they want to make room for the 07 cars.

Posted by mis0

If you're willing to spring a couple K more (about $20k total), you could have what I think is one of the sharpest looking cars you can get for the money:

Motor: 155bhp or 201bhp 2.0L DOHC w/VTC (translation: economic, but good power output)
Tranny: 5 speed manual w/overdrive (automatic is an option)
Fuel Economy: 27mpg city, 34mpg hwy (fairly good)
0-60: 6.2seconds if you opt for the S model (very quick)
Warranty: 4 year, 50,000 miles (don't let this discourage you; the motor is designed so well that the first scheduled tune-up doesn't occur until 110,000 miles, which is phenomenal)
Price: $20,000ish, less if you badger the dealer.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Go for the yaris. It starts at like 14k, is pretty much bullet proof, and gets great gas mileage.

Since you've already got 7k for a down payment, you'll be getting rid of HALF of the cost of the car upfront. This is very good, since interest rates on car loans tend to rape you in the ***, especially at 19 (chances are the best terms you're going to get are ****ty at best). Its the best thing for what you've described, plus, its got neat lines to boot (i.e. it doesnt look too bad). the Mazda 3s are also considered to be very fun cars to drive, but are a few thousand dollars more (and the mada speed 3, which is out of your consideration, is considered VERY fun to drive).

Just keep in mind that there are WORLDS of sports cars that could be had used for $14000 or less. Hell, $14k could get you an early 90s mustang that would run around 11 or 12 in a quarter mile, if you wanted to do something like that. Just throwing that out there.

Posted by billards

I think an eco car would be the best for a fist time drive, not a SPORTS car. Trust me I've been there and done that. Im lucky I didn't die or have serious speeding tickets. I think for the Judge just needs a nice eco-box. I suggest a Corolla but it was way out his range.

Posted by mis0

If you just want an eco car, get what I have, a Hyundai Elantra. It costs the same as a Toyota Corolla or Chevy Colbalt, but it has lots more stuff as standard features, and isn't quite as boring to be in. Also, the 2.0l Beta motor, which is DOHC w/CVVT is quite good because it's roots can be traced back to Mitsubishi's Lancer engines.

Engine: 138bhp 2.0l DOHC w/CVVT (economic)
Tranny: 5spd manual or 4spd auto
Fuel economy: 27city, 34hwy
0-60mph: 7.9seconds, I think
Warranty: 10 years, 100,000 miles
Price: $14,000, you can haggle it down significantly if you try

Also, Consumer Reports says it is a "Best Bet" or something because it is very reliable and doesn't have any particularly unpleasant surprises. I've found it to be very durable in all of my abusive driving (powertrain actually seems to enjoy my driving). The Hyundai dealers are very good about honoring the warranty. I've had no problems in that respect. If you're getting something of this size, and don't car about performance, I don't see why you'd get anything else. It's no worse looking than a Cobalt or Sentra, and you get so much more for your money. And the warranty is very real; they honor it like their lives depend on it. You also have more space than a Yaris and it's not terrible on the highway (it gets up to 90mph pretty easily, and well past 120 ((I've done this)) and past 130ish if you're insane). In daily driving, it is the easiest car on earth to drive, park, etc, and it's very easy to live with too (low insurance).

Like I said, given what you've told me, I don't see why you'd pick anything else unless you absolutely hate Korean cars.

Posted by billards

Quoting Misoxeny: If you just want an eco car, get what I have, a Hyundai Elantra. It costs the same as a Toyota Corolla or Chevy Colbalt, but it has lots more stuff as standard features, and isn't quite as boring to be in. Also, the 2.0l Beta motor, which is DOHC w/CVVT is quite good because it's roots can be traced back to Mitsubishi's Lancer engines.

Engine: 138bhp 2.0l DOHC w/CVVT (economic)
Tranny: 5spd manual or 4spd auto
Fuel economy: 27city, 34hwy
0-60mph: 7.9seconds, I think
Warranty: 10 years, 100,000 miles
Price: $14,000, you can haggle it down significantly if you try

Also, Consumer Reports says it is a "Best Bet" or something because it is very reliable and doesn't have any particularly unpleasant surprises. I've found it to be very durable in all of my abusive driving (powertrain actually seems to enjoy my driving). The Hyundai dealers are very good about honoring the warranty. I've had no problems in that respect. If you're getting something of this size, and don't car about performance, I don't see why you'd get anything else. It's no worse looking than a Cobalt or Sentra, and you get so much more for your money. And the warranty is very real; they honor it like their lives depend on it. You also have more space than a Yaris and it's not terrible on the highway (it gets up to 90mph pretty easily, and well past 120 ((I've done this)) and past 130ish if you're insane). In daily driving, it is the easiest car on earth to drive, park, etc, and it's very easy to live with too (low insurance).

Like I said, given what you've told me, I don't see why you'd pick anything else unless you absolutely hate Korean cars.

Thats a good idea. The onlyl Hyundai I found was 12K and ugly. That is a nice car though. I would trust a it, especially since it has a pretty nice warrenty if I remember correctly. Looks like I was right 10/100K mile...that is awesome.

Posted by Lord of Spam

As someone who drives an LOL HUEG LANDYACHT truck, trust me when i say that having a smaller car is more usefull more of the time. Go with the yaris.

Posted by billards

Yeah I had a small car once...for about 9 months before some ***** decided to turn out in front of me. O how I miss getting 28mpg on the freeway compaired to my 16 now ><. ****in driving a *** **** house on wheels!

Posted by mis0

The only problem with the Yaris is, like the name, it is absolutely hideous. I mean, practical it may be, but I could never ever rationalize it because, well, just look at it:

If you want something that small, get a Hyundai Accent. It is a 110bhp 1.6l DOHC to the Yaris's 106bhp 1.5l, but the economy suffers a bit, the Accent getting 32/35. the Yaris getting 35/40. On the other hand, the Accent has lots of standard stuff, including power locks, etc, and EIGHT cupholders. Perfect for a roadtrip with friends.

It's also a grand cheaper (12K for the four door Accent, 13K for the four door Yaris), the warrantly is almost three times as long (that excellent Hyundai 10year/100,000mile warranty to Toyota's stingy 3 year, 36,000mi).

Finally, in the looks department, the Accent is a bit more pleasing on the eyes:

I'm not really a Hyundai fangirl, but I just don't see how anything really stands up to a Hyundai in terms of a plainish daily driver. But, Judge, just pay the extra $2K, and get the Elantra if you decide to get a Hyundai. It's still very practical, but the extra 40hp is worth every penny, and it looks a bit nicer. If you want the cheapest car ever, the Accent is the one, and it has a superb warranty, especially compared with the Yaris's.

Posted by Lord of Spam

See, to me the yaris looks bo0ld whereas the hyundai just looks bland as ****. Also, almost everyone I know who has owned a hyundai has had a myriad of problems with them, whereas Toyotas (as well as hondas) are generally regarded as bullet proof if properly maintained.

Posted by mis0

To me, the Toyota looks gimpy and deformed, and I've only seen the most horrible of social oucasts driving them (believe me, they are not cool at all) as with the Hyundai, it is bland but at least you won't look like a retard when driving it. As for problems, I haven't had any real issues with my car at all, and it was second hand, too. The previous owner wasn't the nicest to it and it still runs like new. The Toyota may be very reliable if you maintain it well, but, lest something go wrong after three years, you're on your own. Hyundai however, is committed for 10 years and they really do honor that warranty, no questions asked. Hell, they'll look at the car for free while it's under warranty for basically any reason - I've had this done twice. Anyways, for the cost, there is nothing better than a Hyundai if you don't car about the performance or brand name. But, Hyundai tied Honda for reliability last year for 3rd place, so really, the newer ones may be inexpensive but they're really quite good. That would probably be because of Hyundai's former relations with Mitsubishi, which also makes very good cars.

So, Judge, this is where it falls, sorta:

Hyundai Accent
Price: $12,000
Economy: 32city, 35hwy
Warranty: 10 years, 100,000mi
And: It's got 8 cupholders, which is awesome when you wanna have a bunch of friends in the car

Toyota Yaris
Price: $13,000
Economy: 35city, 40hwy
Warranty: 3 years, 36,000mi
And: It is hideous in my opinion. Rather be bland than stand out like a freak.

But why bother with either of these when you can get the Elantra for a grand more, unless you REALLY care about a few extra mpg. Honestly, if you think you'll be driving on the freeways at all, and/or if you're fairly tall (likeme, 6' even) you'll really thank yourself for getting the slightly larger, more powerful Elantra. And because of it's Mitsubishi heritage, it's very reliable (Consumer Reports Best Bet, Yaris and Accent aren't) and quite durable (I speak from experience - I drive it like Hell, and no problems yet).

HyundaiElantra
Price: $14,000
Economy: 27city, 34hwy
Warranty: 10 years, 100,000mi
And: It's got a best bet from Consumer Reports. Not to mention, Hyundai is completely restyling the Elantra from 2007 so you might be able to get a really good deal on a 2006 because they'll be trying to get rid of them pretty soon here. Also, I own one of these, so I know it's a fairly good little car and I haven't had any problems with it so far. You also will thank yourself for the extra space and power, especially on California's interstates.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Another thing to keep in mind is resale value. Its sometimes more practical to buy a slightly more expensive car, knowing that in 5 years you can resell it and buy something new.

A friend of mine (rich bastard) recently bough a brand new mini cooper S with several expensive options, total price was around 27grand. BUT, in 5 years, he'll be able to turn around and resell it for about 20k, thanks to the fact that minis hold their value VERY well. So essentially he'll have a wicked fast bmw for 5 or 6 years for only 7k., and then have 20k to **** away on a new car.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

The Yaris sedan is the best looking of all of the cars in this thread. Unless you're going to spring for the Honda Civic ([url]www.honda.com[/url], look it up, too lazy to post the stats, find em your own **** self) or Honda Fit (ditto), go with the Yaris.

Or go with the manly hatchback: http://www.dodge.com/en/caliber/index.html The Dodge Caliber.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If I recall correctly, though, hasnt the yaris been out for a while in Japan, whereas the Caliber is new? If thats teh case, its alwasy better to go with something thats had the kinks ironed out, so to speak.

The caliber does look pretty cool though, for what it is. Too bad the srt version wont be AWD.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Captain Cleanoff: The Yaris sedan is the best looking of all of the cars in this thread.

HAHAHA no. The Acura RSX is. By miles. Essentially being a Honda anyway, it's what I'd pick. That thing is rock solid, and quite good looking.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I found the Chevy HHR to be a nice car. My parents bought one. Standard look nice, but you can also 'trick it out' too. I've seen some nice ones whilst surfing around the net.

My fave color is the copper colour.[IMG]http://media.truckblog.com/chevrolet-hhr.jpg[/IMG]

But my parents bought the Amethyst one.
[IMG]http://images.autobytel.com/cyber/157215/i16525_1.jpg[/IMG]

They are good cars with good city and highway mileage. I suggest it.

Also the new line up of Cavaliers look promising. They are nice cars, again with good fuel compsumption(spelling?). Also, if you wanted to get into your car more, you could really again 'trick it out'. The Cavalier is a very nice car when people put some work into making it look nice.
[IMG]http://images.tcmautonation.com/2005/CHEVROLET/CAVALIER/1G1JC52F057151549_4.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by billards

The Chevy Cavalier is no longer in production and he has to buy a new car per his fathers orders. The HHR is based at 16K which would be way over when you consider taxes and what not and mark ups.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Get a slug bug!! :D:D:D

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting billards: The Chevy Cavalier is no longer in production and he has to buy a new car per his fathers orders. The HHR is based at 16K which would be way over when you consider taxes and what not and mark ups.

I knew that Chevy stopped Sunfire production, but I didn't know about the Cavalier. And I'm sorry for prices. I didn't know what they would be around in American prices.

Posted by billards

Quoting Killer Jordo: I knew that Chevy stopped Sunfire production, but I didn't know about the Cavalier. And I'm sorry for prices. I didn't know what they would be around in American prices.

Its cool. I was looking for The Judge and I realized cars are way overpriced new(IMHO). I will never ever buy a new car. You can get one 6 months old for 4-5K less.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting billards: I will never ever buy a new car. You can get one 6 months old for 4-5K less.

True that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)Buy go kart and GSX-R motor (motorcycle engine)
2)combine
3)?????
4)PROFIT!!
5)firey death

Posted by JonMB

You could take that $7,000 and start on your journey to riches: http://jongasm.com/car-buying-guide.html

If you insist on getting a new car, or if you are being forced to, I would still recommend a Toyota. I actually like the look of the Yaris, but a Corolla is a better choice.

Please do not buy a Chevrolet Cobalt or Aveo. Gah.

Mazda is also a good choice. Hyundai has gotten much more reliable than they used to be, so that's another good option.

Honda or Toyota is still preferable to me though. And see this: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/used-cars/used-cars-best-and-worst-406/index.htm

Posted by Omni

Hey, I don't even have a car, or a driver's license. I carpool, even though I could afford a car if I was willing to put the effort into it...LOL...

Life is a highway, and I'm going to hitch a ride as far as I can go, I guess...

Posted by billards

Quoting JonMB: You could take that $7,000 and start on your journey to riches: http://jongasm.com/car-buying-guide.html

If you insist on getting a new car, or if you are being forced to, I would still recommend a Toyota. I actually like the look of the Yaris, but a Corolla is a better choice.

Please do not buy a Chevrolet Cobalt or Aveo. Gah.

Mazda is also a good choice. Hyundai has gotten much more reliable than they used to be, so that's another good option.

Honda or Toyota is still preferable to me though. And see this: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/used-cars/used-cars-best-and-worst-406/index.htm

The problem with Toyota and Honda is their base prices is more than he wanted to spend(like 2K). I personally think the Corolla is a great choice. Toyota are imho the best product out there. He is being forced to by his Father, because his father doesn't want him to have a POS. All I have ever owned were used though and never really had a problem.

Posted by JonMB

Hmm. His dad doesn't understand that the average millionaire buys used cars.

Is your dad gonna give you money to help with the car? :)

Posted by mis0

The only real reason I can think of to buy new is to get a good factory warranty. Otherwise, used is usually a good choice.

Posted by billards

Quoting Misoxeny: The only real reason I can think of to buy new is to get a good factory warranty. Otherwise, used is usually a good choice.

Even if you buy used the warrenty is transferable. My brother bought a used 04 Tacoma that was 7 months old for 24K. The guy he bought it from bought it for 28K. Plus my brother got the warrenty that came with it.

Posted by ExoXile

[img]http://images.consumerguide.com/autoreview/400x266/2006-Volvo-V70-06904081990003.JPG[/img]

It's Swedish.
It's Fast.
And it awesome.

OH!
Swede police uses it, too.

Posted by mis0

The only thing that is fast to ever come out of Sweden is the Konigsegg CCX. But it doesn't really count because it's built in Italy and powered by a Ford (in the earlier versions, anyway).

But it is awesome, and fairly affordable depending on your income.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've seen turbo'd volvo 740s do single digit 1/4 miles. They're also a pretty popular drift platform in europe.:/

Posted by mis0

But they also weigh about 170 tonnes and they tend to be underpowered. You'd really have to mod the Hell out of one for it to be fast. I can totally see the drifting though. The high intertia probably helps it out there.

Posted by Lord of Spam

All things are possible with enough ZOMG: BRUUUUUM PHSEW

Posted by ExoXile

You hardly ever see a Ford in Sweden, and when you do, you laugh.

The sad thing is tho, Volvo isn't really Swedish anymore, neither's Saab. :(

BUT!
Sweden's both their orgin.
AND!
Saab makes Jas gripen engines!

Tell me that's not awesome. :cool:

:D

Also Swedish btw. :o

Posted by Lethal Shadow

[quote=The Judge]my interests are strictly cosmetic

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/cmsdalilsht/Rabbit.jpg[/IMG]
Volkswagen Rabbit 2-Door
$15k
Engine - 2.5L, 150HP
MPG - 22city, 30hwy

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/cmsdalilsht/CivicCoupe.jpg[/IMG]
Honda Civic Coupe DX
$15k
Engine - 1.8L, 140HP
MPG - 30city, 40hwy

Toyota Corolla CE
$14k
Engine - 1.8L, 126HP
MPG - 32city, 41hwy

Posted by JonMB

The VW Rabbit? Who the hell named that car? Either way - it looks pretty sweet.

Posted by ExoXile

Suzuki Samurai

It might not be a "car" but it's diesel, THUS ECONOMIC!
AND!
If the whole world would get muddy, you'd still be able to drive!

And the name, I mean, you can't go wrong. :D

Posted by Lord of Spam

JonMB: The rabbit is the original Golf GTi from WAY back in the day. Its supposed to be a sporty car that uses a very light body to over come a smallish motor, similar to an Elise. Its a throwback car, essentially.

Exo: Diesel is almost nonexistant in California. Cali has such extreme air emmisions regulations that its almost impossible to drive one there, not to mention that the fuel is rare and expensive.

Posted by ExoXile

Wha--?

Our diesel is both more environmentally friendly, and cheaper.

But then again, Sweden's gas price up to $1.6 Litre.
While the diesel's price is about $1.3 Litre.

So it's not rare at all, nor expensive.
(Expensive's just driving in Sweden tho.)

So I guess Judge, you'll just have to become a Swede.

Posted by mis0

Moondollars, etc.

It's not really the CO2 emissions that they care about, it's the smog, and diesel contributes to smog like a mother****er.

Posted by Lord of Spam

In europe most governments are more concerned with CO2 emmisions whereas in america other particulate matter is considered more important. While deisel has gotten a lot cleaner in recent years, its still slightly more "dirty" to burn than gas. Also, your gas prices are more exensive than deisel because most euro governments have placed HUGE taxes on the fuel in order to encourage the use of mass transportation or deisel. In america, there is no such costs tacked on, so gas is cheaper.

I'm going to change my recommendation to the Rabbit, though. Its fairly roomy, is from a solid manufacturer, and will let you have a little bit of fun without making you spin into a fireball of death.

edit: curse you mis0

Posted by mis0

Oh snap. Yeah, I think the Volkwagen is a pretty sauve car myself, but I'd go for the Civic Coupe because it's the sister car to that Acura RSX I love, and you should love, so much. I guess the only real problem is the fact that it's a Civic, and we'd make VTEC jokes about you all the time, though, Judge. It's supposed to have a pretty neat digital display isntead of analogue dials, and being a Civic, it's a durable car.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Plus, with the VW, when someone asks you what you drive, you have the following conversation:

"So, what do you drive?"
"A rabbit."
"Oh, cool, you got the new VW?"
"What? no, idiot. I drive a giant mechanical hopping device, which I nicknamed the "rabbit". ***, you're retarded."
"...>:0"

worth a lol or two.

Posted by billards

I've heard that VW's have had mechanical issues and aren't the most reliable car out there. Toyota and Hondas with an Auto option base over 15K. The 14K are with the manuals which The Judge does want. Saturns are Americans answer to Japan. Mazdas are good, but they are a Ford, so that counts them out with me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

VW's of yore were considered tanks. There were old bugs running around with like hundreds of thousands of miles on teh clock. Hell, they still made the thing for sale in mexico until a few years ago. Granted, that doesnt mean that the new ones are up to snuff, but I've never heard anything bad about them.

Posted by billards

I loved going to mexico and seeing the old style bugs. To bad they don't make them anymore. One bad thing about CA is that you can't get TDI motors!

Posted by Lord of Spam

WHAT?! NO TDI?

******* hippies.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Misoxeny: HAHAHA no. The Acura RSX is. By miles. Essentially being a Honda anyway, it's what I'd pick. That thing is rock solid, and quite good looking.

I'm talking about new cars that he can afford, gimpy. The RSX is way out of his price range.

Quoting Killer Jordo:
Also the new line up of Cavaliers look promising. They are nice cars, again with good fuel compsumption(spelling?). Also, if you wanted to get into your car more, you could really again 'trick it out'. The Cavalier is a very nice car when people put some work into making it look nice.
[IMG]http://images.tcmautonation.com/2005/CHEVROLET/CAVALIER/1G1JC52F057151549_4.jpg[/IMG]

That hasn't been a new car for the last THREE YEARS. Hey, I know another good idea: how about the new lineup of Chevy Chevettes, or the all new Plymouth Colt?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've been hearing lots of good things about this new model from AMC called the Gremlin.

Posted by Ant

How's that car coming along Judge?

Posted by mis0

[QUOTE=Captain Cleanoff]I'm talking about new cars that he can afford, gimpy. The RSX is way out of his price range.
It's not like he couldn't affort one, he just isn't willing to sacrifice the bare essentials to have it. ;) He should get it's good looking sister, the Civic, to be realistic.

Posted by Lord of Spam

front wheel drive? more like WRONG WHEEL DRIVE