Pre-orders start tomorrow...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

...at GameStop/EB. I'll be using my tried-and-true tactic of waiting in my arcade until 9:25am, 5 minutes before they open the mall doors to the public, and then waltzing right over to GameStop to stand by the gate before anyone else. I love owning an arcade in so many ways.

I don't know if there'll be as big a rush for the pre-orders as there were for the ps3, though. It's common knowledge to anyone who would know about the pre-orders starting tomorrow that the Wii will not be in as short supply as sony's hardware, so I wonder what the ebay situation for the Wii will be like. Maybe there won't be a shortage at all for the holidays, and nearly everyone who wants one will be able to buy one off the shelves. I'm not taking any chances, though.

Posted by Vg200x

I went to target today and saw that they had a spot just for the WII. but I work at wal-mart and iv had to travel to 3 diffrent stores and no one no's if we will be getting the wii in because the cases have been pre fabbed for the ps2,gambecube,xbox(360),DS and gameboy(if im forgetting any srry). and they havent made room for the PS3 yet. but I'm still undecided if I wanna reserve it yet or not. I think I will play it for 2 weeks then sell it an high price then get some moron to buy it.

Posted by Dexter

Three questions.

1. Is Wii Sports offer a four-player mode? I have a lot of people living with me and we're going to need some multiplayer action as soon as possible. I'm not sure how many players Wii Sports is, so I'm not sure how many controllers I should get.

2. There are, like, three different controllers here and I'm confused as to what comes with what. I'm assuming the system comes with at least one Nunchuk, one Wii Remote, and one Classic Controller. Does Wii Sports use the Nunchuk? If so, I'll have to order extras, as well as some extra Wii Remotes. Do you have to order all these controllers separately?

3. If I pre-order it, will they send it earlier so that it will arrive on the day it is released or will they send it on the day it is released, making it show up about two days later?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vg200x: I think I will play it for 2 weeks then sell it an high price then get some moron to buy it.
Well thats stupid. Why would you open it and then sell it? You'll won't get nearly as much. Not that you will anyway because there will be plently to go around.

Posted by Dexter

I don't know, people were selling their 360s for more than they were buying them for. All they had to do was get one, which wasn't an easy task.

Posted by Last Fog

You can probably get a profit from it, I'm just saying Wii's won't be in short supply, so there won't be such high bidding. And opening it first will decrease the value by a LOT.

Posted by Dexter

I don't think it'll be in short supply either. I'm actually not worried at all about getting one early on in its release.

I thought there was a Dragon Warrior game ready for launch? I don't see it listed. :(

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Three questions.

1. Is Wii Sports offer a four-player mode? I have a lot of people living with me and we're going to need some multiplayer action as soon as possible. I'm not sure how many players Wii Sports is, so I'm not sure how many controllers I should get.

Yes, it is four players.

Quoted post: 2. There are, like, three different controllers here and I'm confused as to what comes with what. I'm assuming the system comes with at least one Nunchuk, one Wii Remote, and one Classic Controller. Does Wii Sports use the Nunchuk? If so, I'll have to order extras, as well as some extra Wii Remotes. Do you have to order all these controllers separately?

The system comes with one Wii-mote, and one nunchuck as well as Wii Sports (as you know) The Classic Controller you have to buy separate. I don't know if Wii Sports uses the Nunchuck or not. As far as controlers go, you have to buy nunchucks separate from the Wii-mote.

Quoted post: 3. If I pre-order it, will they send it earlier so that it will arrive on the day it is released or will they send it on the day it is released, making it show up about two days later?

That I don't know, they usually say though when you go to pre-order when they will ship it.

Dragon Warrior, sorry to say, is not a launch title. It will be this spring.

Posted by Dexter

I can't find any information about Wii Sports using the Nunchuk. I'll probably get a couple anyway, because I'l eventually need them. The controllers are going to end up costing a bunch, possibly more than the actual system! With three different types of controllers, and needing four total, it'll accumulate.

So can I pre-order as soon as midnight comes around? That's only an hour away. I'LL BE THE FIRST VGC MEMBER TO PRE-ORDER!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wii Sports only uses the Wiimote. They aren't complex enough to need anything more than that. And you'll have to call your local EB/Gamestop. I know for a fact nowhere around me will be open at midnight just to take pre-orders, but I wouldn't put it past some other locations.

Posted by Dexter

I thought I would be able to simply pre-order everything I want online and have it arrive on the release day. I'd like to do that instead of driving to the closest game shop.

Then you'll have to check the website, since I have no clue. You're more likely to get it on the release date too, if you go through a website. Then again, this is a console release. The dates you see are almost always the date you can pick it up. It's not like a game where "street dates" are in fact just ship dates.

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: GameStop and EB Games stores will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the Nintendo Wii console on Friday, October 13, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to reach our limit very quickly, most likely in minutes.

I was there as soon as midnight hit and I didn't see the chance to pre-order it. Wal-Mart has pre-orders going on, but they won't be shipped until the 19th, the day the system will be realeased. You can pre-order Red Steel though and they'll ship that out on the 14th.

Bah, I'll probably just pick it up in the store when it's released.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Wii Sports only uses the Wiimote. They aren't complex enough to need anything more than that.

Boxing uses the nunchuck aswell, and it's a mistake to assume that the games aren't complex because you don't need it for most of them. They're all a heck of a lot deeper than you'd think. If Tennis has nunchuck control for movement it'd rival quite literally any tennis game in complexity and most likely surpass it.

Quoted post: Boxing uses the nunchuck aswell, and it's a mistake to assume that the games aren't complex because you don't need it for most of them. They're all a heck of a lot deeper than you'd think. If Tennis has nunchuck control for movement it'd rival quite literally any tennis game in complexity and most likely surpass it.

Ah, that's right, boxing and bowling are included. Forgot about those two. And I meant complex as in the controls. It doesn't need tons of buttons like a Splinter Cell might.

Posted by ccrocker58

I dunno bout you guys, but I went the Pre-order route, and as of today, I have the satisfaction of knowing I own a Wii. I got my pre-order 8:00A.M. this morning from EB along with an extra remote/nunchuck, classic control, 1 gig card, Red Steel, Twilight Princess, CoD3, NFS, Excitetruck, and Metal Slug Anthology.

I decided to wait until there's something I want to play.

Posted by Bebop

Ive heard stories of people camping to pre order a Wii. Nothing like that in Ol Blighty. You just walk in and youre fine.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting ccrocker58: I dunno bout you guys, but I went the Pre-order route, and as of today, I have the satisfaction of knowing I own a Wii.

Is it too late to pre-order? I've been trying to pre-order my supplies, but I can't seem to find anywhere to do so. Where did you pre-order it from?

Someone give me a link please. :(

Posted by Hyper

Quoting ccrocker58: I dunno bout you guys, but I went the Pre-order route, and as of today, I have the satisfaction of knowing I own a Wii. I got my pre-order 8:00A.M. this morning from EB along with an extra remote/nunchuck, classic control, 1 gig card, Red Steel, Twilight Princess, CoD3, NFS, Excitetruck, and Metal Slug Anthology.

What's the total price of all of that?

Posted by Dexter

I forgot about the extra memory card. What's the biggest one there'll be? Is the 1 gig card as much as the 1,000 + block memory card for the Game Cube? That thing works nicely, fitting all my games and still having room for more.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I forgot about the extra memory card. What's the biggest one there'll be? Is the 1 gig card as much as the 1,000 + block memory card for the Game Cube? That thing works nicely, fitting all my games and still having room for more.

The Wii uses standard SD cards as far a I know. So if you have any that you use, say for camera's or whatever, then your ready to go. Anyhow the biggest SD cards out right now are up to 4 GB. I would think that 1 GB would be plenty.

Posted by Dexter

I have a couple 2GB cards for my camera so I'm prepared in that regard.

Still, I can't find any place to pre-order the Wii. I must have missed the window of opportunity, unfortunately. That's too bad, but I'm sure it will soon be easier to pre-order the systems. Best Buy is usually pretty good about such things...

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I have a couple 2GB cards for my camera so I'm prepared in that regard.

Still, I can't find any place to pre-order the Wii. I must have missed the window of opportunity, unfortunately. That's too bad, but I'm sure it will soon be easier to pre-order the systems. Best Buy is usually pretty good about such things...

Online pre-order for EB/Gamestop online hasn't started yet. So really, you didn't miss anything.

Don't you get 512 megs out-of-the-box? Should be enough for a bit.

Posted by Colonel

I just pre-ordered mine September 5th.

Posted by Dexter

Where? How? huh?

Posted by Colonel

A litle place called Toys R Us.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro: Don't you get 512 megs out-of-the-box? Should be enough for a bit.

Yes you do. Knowing Dex though, he probably will buy a bunch of the Virtual Console games, and need saves for other Wii games right away.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I have a feeling that I'll load up what it comes with quickly, especially with the Virtual Console games. I know the two smaller memory cards I got for the Gme Cube wasn't enough and I wasn't satisfied until I got the largest one possible, which easily fitted all my material.

Posted by Flounder

i preordered my wii today :D. i got the last one at my local eb (they only had a total of 14). did anyone else preorder one?

Posted by ccrocker58

All that costed me a total of $115.00. 50 for the system, 10 for each part of the control, 5 for the classic control, 5 for the memcard, and 5 for each game. As for where I got it, EB! I've been on top of pre-order info with them since Ninty announced the release date...plus if you signed up for their mailing list on their website, they'd have sent you an E-Mail telling you stores are going to be taking pre-orders on the 13th. My EB had a total of 30 up for grabs, all of which were taken before the store opened :) .

Posted by Hyper

So that's just the down payment, then. How much is left to pay? I don't want to do the math and I'm sure you all ready have.

Posted by Colonel

My bundle cost's $250 and includes 2 controllers, 2 nunchucks, 3 games of choice, Wii sports, the consol of course, and a hardware whatever that means

Posted by Bebop

Hold on youre getting 1 complete controller AND 3 games extra without paying more? I thought Wii was already $250 :-/

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm not going to bother preordering. Its like one paycheck anyway, and theres going to be plenty of them.

Posted by Bebop

The preorder is a paycheck? Christ if I were you I'd look for a better job

Posted by Dexter

I'm thinking that it'll cost me a little over 500 for everything I'm going to want at launch.

Posted by Big Boss

PS3? [color=lightgreen]Check
Wii? Check

I'm a lot more excited now than I was before. I finally got to play the Wii on Thursday (Wii Sports - Tennis), and I want more of that.[/color]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss]Check
Wii? Check

I'm a lot more excited now than I was before. I finally got to play the Wii on Thursday (Wii Sports - Tennis), and I want more of that.[/color]

Whoa how much will you be spending when they are both launched?

Also dexcribe in detail what playing Tennis was like. Chances are people in Uk will have to buy a Wii before they can play it.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Last Fog: Well thats stupid. Why would you open it and then sell it? You'll won't get nearly as much. Not that you will anyway because there will be plently to go around.

yeah ,on ebay the box for the 360 sold for almost $1,000, THE FREAKIN BOX it said it in bold letters, what are you going to use a box for.

Posted by Dexter

Where did you get to play the Wii, Big Boss?

And where are people pre-ordeing their Wii supplies from? Someone give me a link so I can get in on this action.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Where did you get to play the Wii, Big Boss?

And where are people pre-ordeing their Wii supplies from? Someone give me a link so I can get in on this action.

Well unless someone isn't telling us something, my guess is that people are going to their local Gamestop/EBGames and pre-ordering them. The only places you can pre-order online that I can find is eBay, and [URL="http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=314&products_id=6998&lsaid=680261"]liksang[/URL].

Nobody else online has it for pre-order yet that I can find. :(

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Dexter: Where did you get to play the Wii, Big Boss?

I played it at the Nintendo Fusion Tour, which stopped here in Orlando's Hard Rock Live next to Universal Studios last Thursday. A 2-to-3-hour line to play Wii Tennis, which is the only game I wanted to try out over a game where you shoot balloons (probably another Wii Sports game), that Rayman title and Wario Ware.

It was really fun to play, and I got used to it quickly. In the menu the controls were reversed somehow, so moving the remote up would move the cursor down (Inverse y-axis when pointing is not very intuitive). I'm sure that can be changed in the game, as well as the AI controlling your character's movement. My guess is Nintendo wanted to let people try out the remote by itself to get the feeling for how different it plays from traditional console input, instead of having any attachment with it. Swinging your arm wildly or flicking your wrists gives the same result, however, so when it comes to competitive play on the Wii it'll likely come down to just people doing as little movement as possible while being just as effective.

The event was divided into people who wanted to see the concert, and those that wanted to play the Wii. Mostly everyone that I saw in the line were gamers, as waiting multiple hours to play a system isn't something a non-gamer was willing to do, so my original thought that the tour would be a good way to introduce the system to non-gamers didn't exactly work. Many people thought the lines were to the bathroom, and I got asked more than once what the "Wii" was, and after they found out they just stormed to the concert hall.

Posted by protomanv4

How much is the cheapest memory card? are you guys shure it has that much memory right from the box? Im not going to pre order cuz no games intrest me and i in my opion don't like pre ordering. At my game stop i saw the space for wii:) . when does WW come out and when does SSBB come out.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting protomanv4: How much is the cheapest memory card? are you guys shure it has that much memory right from the box? Im not going to pre order cuz no games intrest me and i in my opion don't like pre ordering. At my game stop i saw the space for wii:) . when does WW come out and when does SSBB come out.

It DOES come with 512MB of built in Flash memory out of the box. As I have said before, it uses standard SD memory cards, and you can get 1 GB cards for around $20 now depending on where you get them. Not pre-ordering isn't a bad thing, I won't be getting a Wii until the next Smash Brothers comes out myself. Wario Ware comes out January 15, 2007, and Smash Brothers Brawl comes out sometime in 2007.

Posted by Dexter

How could Zelda and Wiimote not be enough for you? :(

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: How could Zelda and Wiimote not be enough for you? :(

Heh, don't know who that was directed to, but I will take it just the same.

I will probably rent the new Zelda on GCN to try it out. Don't get me wrong, I love the Zelda series (and will probably get TP on Wii), but ATM I have run out of money. Plus, if Super Paper Mario AND the new Kirby ARE bumped to Wii, those games plus Smash Brothers are a bigger pull, and are worth the wait till I save up enough.

Quoted post: How could Zelda and Wiimote not be enough for you?

It's not enough for me, that much I know. I'll wait until the GC version, since I'm actually not that excited for it at the moment. Plus, I highly doubt the wiimote controls will add anything to it or give me anymore enjoyment out of it. I'll gladly wait for the traditional controls.

Posted by Dexter

I think the Wiimote and Nunchuk attachment will add plenty to the game. Swinging the sword, aiming the arrows, etc. The extra graphics of the Wii will also be a nice addition. It's the first time we've gotten a Zelda game at launch and it's a wonderful game to initially play the Wii with. If you were going to eventually get the Wii anyway, I don't see the reason to wait. It's pretty easy to see that the game will be more enjoyable on the Wii. Couldn't you still use a regular controller, if that's what you desired?

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Bebop: Hold on youre getting 1 complete controller AND 3 games extra without paying more? I thought Wii was already $250 :-/

When I get my Wii i'll take a digital picture with all the shiat around me.

Posted by Dexter

That doesn't really answer his question and a picture would prove nothing. I think he's simply curious as to how you've discovered this deal, as am I.

Posted by Colonel

I didn't really expect a deal such as this I simply wanted to reserve my Nintendo Wii so that when it is released I can get it ASAP. So I made a couple phone calls, and asked what the bundles are, low and behold Toys R Us had an amazing deal. It should come out to about $300 becasue I live in Canada.

Quoted post: I think the Wiimote and Nunchuk attachment will add plenty to the game. Swinging the sword, aiming the arrows, etc. The extra graphics of the Wii will also be a nice addition. It's the first time we've gotten a Zelda game at launch and it's a wonderful game to initially play the Wii with. If you were going to eventually get the Wii anyway, I don't see the reason to wait. It's pretty easy to see that the game will be more enjoyable on the Wii. Couldn't you still use a regular controller, if that's what you desired?

You can only use the Wiimote.

And I'm sure it does all that, but not for me. I'd rather play it with the GC pad, not because I think the Wiimote controlls will be bad or whatever, I just don't want to use them. Simple as that.

Also, I will, of course, eventually buy the Wii. But I'm waiting because nothing interests me yet. Which is good, since there's a lot I want to buy this Christmas, mainly on the 360, along with a new computer and various other things.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: Many people thought the lines were to the bathroom, and I got asked more than once what the "Wii" was, and after they found out they just stormed to the concert hall.

Bah, if you said it was sponsored by MTV those dip Sh[COLOR="DarkOrange"]i[/COLOR]ts would eat out of your hand.

But still, Nintendo Needs to find a way to get the average guy to play. When ever an event is held with the Wii playable theres a wall of gamers who want to play. Average joe is probably not interested in a system that he never heard of and takes three hours to play.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting TendoAddict: Bah, if you said it was sponsored by MTV those dip Sh[COLOR="DarkOrange"]i[/COLOR]ts would eat out of your hand.

But still, Nintendo Needs to find a way to get the average guy to play. When ever an event is held with the Wii playable theres a wall of gamers who want to play. Average joe is probably not interested in a system that he never heard of and takes three hours to play.

It's called Walmart.

I know what your saying though...

What Ninty needs to have is special conferences set up just for people to play Wii, and have LOTS of them set up.

Posted by Ant

They should have the kiosks up and running in EB's and other retail outlets by November if I remember correctly.

Posted by TendoAddict

Even if they have singular public out posts Im guessing their going to be busy with actually gamers.

Posted by Dexter

I think non-gamers are going to be curious about it. It's not so difficult that it'll scare them away from it completely. Exposure shouldn't be too difficult to come by.

Posted by Proto Man

Ah... well here we go:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/18/wii-demo-kiosks-to-be-under-supervision/

I can see it now... Wii at Walmart will be unplayable 98.76% of the time because some kid ran off with the Wii-mote. :rolleyes:

Please. What's so hard about putting a chain on the things?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Please. What's so hard about putting a chain on the things?

Well I guess it has to do with range of mobility...

Posted by Ant

On a whim, I went into EBgames today on my lunch break. Asked if they sold out of all their pre-order PS3, and Wii slips. Both were all gone already. I wish I had this on my mind a bit earlier. Ah well, I can always ask other places, and if they don't have it, then I'll have to wait a little bit after launch for me Wii :(

Posted by Bebop

They'd have them wired down surely.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro: I decided to wait until there's something I want to play.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Smash Bros!!! Woot Woot![/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Smash Bros!!! Woot Woot![/COLOR]

Elebits negro. I'm actually more excited about zapping buggers than rescueing Hyrule.

Quoted post: Smash Bros!!! Woot Woot!

That's most like when I'm going to buy it, yeah.

Posted by TheSorrow

i already preordered mine and I preorder Super Smash Bros Brawl and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess so im looking forward for the release date

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Vampiro]
You can only use the Wiimote.
Just thought I'd point out how wrong this is.

Source? Because that's not what I've heard. Could be completely wrong, though.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro: Source? Because that's not what I've heard. Could be completely wrong, though.

Your not wrong. Harrison himself said that you can't use the GCN controller. Now whether that means the Classic Controller as well, I'm not sure. Either way, it would make sense. Especially because the Wii version's mechanics are specifically taylored FOR the Wii-mote. What with the manual hacking and slashing.

http://thewiire.com/news/402/1/Harrison_Talks_to_Hyrule_Campers

Oh BTW, the Wii version will have 16:9 (wide screen) format in 480p. :cool:

Posted by Klarth

Um, wut? Nunchuck in Wii TP controls movement and shield. Also, it's used in archery.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: Um, wut? Nunchuck in Wii TP controls movement and shield. Also, it's used in archery.

I don't know what point your trying to make here, but maybe you should read this.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726748p1.html

Quoted post: Um, wut? Nunchuck in Wii TP controls movement and shield. Also, it's used in archery.

When I say Wiimote... I figured "nunchuck" was a given. So, when I said you can only use the Wiimote I mean you use the Wiimote and the nunchuck only, not the GC controller.

Posted by Klarth

Oh. I was paying attention to the first few lines of Dex's post, not the last few.

oops

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]I finally got to play the Wii on Thursday (Wii Sports - Tennis), and I want more of that.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Spill, now!

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Speedfreak: Spill, now!

errrr, he did Speedy.

Check page 3.

Posted by Proto Man

Hey Dex! Did you pre-order yet? If not, Toy's R Us will be taking down pre-orders Oct. 29th. It will cost $50 like Gamestop and EB did.

Posted by Vg200x

yeah,gamestop and EB went out on the reserves so quick that they said they wont be doing it again, it took four hours to try to get one reserved and then when i tried there were 4 people in front of me and then they went out, i usly dont like going into toys r us but Im going to have to just to get a reserve on it.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Proto Man: Hey Dex! Did you pre-order yet? If not, Toy's R Us will be taking down pre-orders Oct. 29th. It will cost $50 like Gamestop and EB did.

I'll go check that out. When you put 50 dollars down, does that go towards your purchase or is that the extra cost for pre-ordering? :confused:

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I'll go check that out. When you put 50 dollars down, does that go towards your purchase or is that the extra cost for pre-ordering? :confused:

Yes, the $50 is subtracted from the total cost. So when you go to pick it up, you only have to pay $200.

Posted by Dexter

Aww, I kinda wanted to order it online and have it arrive the day it was released, but it looks like I'll have to go to the closest Toys and do this. At least I have a plan! I'll probably go tomorrow and order it. That will feel good. Thankies. ^_^

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: I'll probably go tomorrow and order it. That will feel good. Thankies. ^_^

No prob, but, uh... Dexter? Tomorow is Friday. They won't be taking pre-orders till Sunday (the 29th).

Posted by Dexter

Oh, yeah, that's right. Well, that's ok, then. Here I was thinking I was behind everyone. This will give me more time to consider what I want to get at launch. I'm still a little confused about the complete list of launch titles. I locate lists on my Internets, but every one seems to vary and it's difficult to discover the truth! They're making me feel like Mulder. :(

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter]Here I was thinking I was behind everyone.

?¿: I'm still a little confused about the complete list of launch titles. I locate lists on my Internets, but every one seems to vary and it's difficult to discover the truth! They're making me feel like Mulder.

Well according to Wikipedia, there are AT LEAST 27 launch titles for North America.

Avatar: The Last Airbender ~ THQ
Barnyard ~ THQ
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII ~ Ubisoft
Call of Duty 3 ~ Activision
Cars ~ THQ
Elebits ~ Konami
Excite Truck ~ Nintendo
Far Cry: Vengeance ~ Ubisoft
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy ~ Midway Games
GT Pro Series ~ Ubisoft
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ Nintendo
Madden NFL 07 ~ EA Sports
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance ~ Activision
Metal Slug Anthology ~ SNK Playmore
Monster 4x4 World Circuit ~ Ubisoft
Need for Speed: Carbon ~ Electronic Arts
Open Season ~ Ubisoft
Rapala Tournament Fishing ~ Activision
Rayman Raving Rabbids ~ Ubisoft
Red Steel ~ Ubisoft
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab ~ THQ
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz ~ Sega
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent ~ Ubisoft
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam ~ Activision
Trauma Center: Second Opinion ~ Atlus
Wii Sports Nintendo ~ Nintendo
World Series of Poker ~ Activision

Quoted post: I'll go check that out. When you put 50 dollars down, does that go towards your purchase or is that the extra cost for pre-ordering?

Goes towards. So you'd only pay 200 without tax.

Posted by Vg200x

[QUOTE=Proto Man]?

Quoted post: where's the zelda man.lol.

Where's your ability to read a ****ing list?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vg200x: where's the zelda man.lol.

Pay more attention please... it's in that list.

Posted by Dexter

Wait, so Dragon Quest is not a launch game? :(

I would get Call of Duty 3, but it will be better on the 360, I'm sure. Red Steel and Zelda will be the two I get. Monkey Ball would be fun, too.

Quoted post: but it will be better on the 360, I'm sure.

Yes. Yes it will be. It's not even a competition.

Posted by Colonel

Bragon Ball Z is a release title too.

Posted by Dexter

k, so the Wii Remote is 40 dollars, the Nunchuk is 20 dollars, and it looks like you need both for games like Red Steel. That's 60 dollars for a single controller set and 180 dollars for 3 sets. That's expensive! Also, the classic controllers are 20 dollars and having four of those for multiplayer action would come in handy, as well.

Looks like I'll be spending a total of 500 dollars at launch.

Posted by Dexter

I was all excited to preorder the Wii this morning along with some supplies, but I called Toys R Us and they said they weren't sure when they were even going to start their preorders! She said they may not know until later on towards the end of the week.

Now what do I do? :confused:

Posted by Flounder

at the toys r us near where i live (central ca) they took pre-orders today. my firend got there at 5 am (they open at 10 am) and had about 30-20 people in front of him. now, some of those people were there for the ps3 pre-orders and some elmo toy lol. anyways they only had 12 wiis and he was far from getting one.

so dex, it looks like you should camp out on nov. 17th if you want one. i will be camping out like a lot of people here so i can get a second one and sell it for more
:)

all this chaos of getting a wii makes me more thankfull every day that i was one of the lucky s.o.b that got one preordered from eb/gamestop.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Proto Man: Pay more attention please... it's in that list.

well why the **** is it in the middle of the list and not where it's suppost to be, and if it was a trick, it was dumb. most of them are in order except that one, and I could care less what's being released. there all good games and if anyone says they suck well screw them. cause there game play is so uberly.

Posted by Last Fog

Wait... Nov 17? Isnt that the same day as the PS3 launch?

PS3 is the 17th, Wii is the 19th

Posted by Moogs

Grr... you people suck. I have to wait until December, but oh well I have my 360 and school (of course) to keep me busy for a month and some days... does anyone know when the colors are coming out?

Posted by Drewboy64

Question: if a store is out of preorders, does that mean it will be out of stock on launch day, or does it save some for that?

Usually it means they're out of stock.

Posted by Vg200x

you most likly wan't to goto a store that doesn't have the pre-orders and if your that hyped up about getting the wii then goto the mid night release partys at wal mart or something.

Posted by Klarth

Pre-ordered today, didn't have to wait in the snow/rain/fog all night, £30 deposit, preorders have been open for two weeks. hahaha america

Posted by Vg200x

gawd dam UK ,why make the US look like crap when where on your side.lol.

Posted by Klarth

Eat my dick.

Two weeks, you say? Perhaps you didn't have to camp out to get the pre-order, but I'd camp out when you go to pick up your system if I were you. Chances are they've oversold the pre-orders. Stores in the States used to do that until the 360 came out. Bad things happened at the time.

Yeah, they hoped to fix that for the Wii and PS3... but I guarantee they still ****ed it up somehow. Like Prince said, I'd get there early if I were you.

Posted by Klarth

Nope. The guy said I was guaranteed a launch unit on the eighth, and they'd only sold something like five or six orders prior. Most people were getting them from GAME, which ran out of preorders pretty much off the bat.

Obviously not everywhere, but I'm sure it'll happen somewhere. Even in my own town I bet.

Posted by Proto Man

Just got a Gamestop Newsletter. You will be able to order bundles ONLINE on the 9th. Thursday night CST.

Posted by TheSorrow

cant there be problems with online ordering sometimes though...

If you're an idiot. The only other issues might be shipping problems, but if you order from a trusted site (EB/Gamestop) the chances of that are virtually nil.

Posted by Proto Man

ACK! I almost forgot:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/wii/wii_signup.asp

Nintendo Wii Console (includes 1 remote controller, 1 nunchuck, cables, sensor bar, console stand, and Wii Sports game)
Wii Memory SD 1GB
Additional Wii Remote Controller
6 Games:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Red Steel
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Madden NFL 2007
12 Month Product Replacement Plan
Game Informer Gift Subscription

$694.88 plus tax and handling

Posted by Dexter

Too many games listed there that I don't want. I'd instead get more controllers. Is there going to be any preorderings that don't include such huge bundles? :(

Posted by Bebop

Actually UK seems to do pretty well with pre orders. My local game basically knows, say, theyll get more than 30 so they only do 30 pre orders. Then when they know exactly how many they get they advertise that they're taking more pre orders.

Unfortunately their launch day list was incorrect. They got my hopes up for Wario Ware on launch :(

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Too many games listed there that I don't want. I'd instead get more controllers. Is there going to be any preorderings that don't include such huge bundles? :(

Sell the games you don't want?

As for other bundles, it looks like that's the only one that they have...

Don't worry though, I will keep looking for more pre-order news. :)

Posted by Dexter

I could sell off the games I don't want, but it would still end up being more expensive. That's a pretty high price they have there, actually.

I have almost lost hope for preordering the Wii. I'll probably just end up going to the store in hopes that one is left.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: That's a pretty high price they have there, actually.

Yeah your right, it is pretty high... although you know they can get away with it.

Quoted post: I have almost lost hope for preordering the Wii. I'll probably just end up going to the store in hopes that one is left.

Yeah, any site that has pre-orders, they are almost instantly snatched up. :( Looks like you and Wolfy might be camping.

Posted by Dexter

Camping won't be so bad. Wolfy, the girls, and myself will make an enjoyable adventure out of it. I would be sad, however, if I didn't end up getting one. Watching everyone here discuss it would break my heart.

Just don't talk about it until I get one, kk? ^_-