What MMOG's do you play (or have played)?

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah, this is a really uncreative first post for this board, but the emptiness just didn't feel right. I've played Kings of Chaos and a clone of it called King Tuner, nearly lost my mind of those games, and stopped. If you call RPG Inferno an MMOG, then I guess that would count, too.

Posted by Iris

Gunbound and Maplestory. I'm not really into Maple Story much these days, but I still play Gunbound fairly often. A few other VGCers do too.

Posted by Arcadios

I was hooked on Ragnarok but then realized that there was nothing to do at all except level up.
Then I gave all my stuff to my friend and quit.

Posted by Stalolin

WoW.

Played Maple Story until level 10 and quit because it was dumb. Played Gunbound for awhile as well and enjoyed that quite a bit.

Posted by S

FFXI for about three years now. Almost 320 days of play time... /sigh.

75 WAR, 75 THF.

Posted by Kit

Played Maplestory till level 16, got bored of it.
Played Gunbound quite a bit, but I've been offline for ages.

Posted by Linkman

Only MMOs I play are MapleStory and Gunbound, mainly because they're the only MMOs my computer is capable of running.

Posted by fireshade24

Probably kal online and gun online.....They're fun......try it..........lol...

Posted by Killacool

world of warcraft!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I've played a fair bit of Runescape, because it's free.

But when I'm in the mood to pay fees, I play EverQuest.

Posted by DarkBadmoonlight

I play only F2P games cause of that, they are free and thus i can afford them. I play maplestory on and off (lvl 50 and was a beta player on Tespia), Gunbound i play on an off (quite fun, although i lose quite frequently. Played on the main server until the american one came out and switched. im only a double stone axe.) Lvl 4x on runescape, which i play every once in a while. I also play/have played Kong Kong, Pangya and Rakion.

Posted by Poco

Maplestory was the first, got to level 29 and quit.

Played FF XI for a while (4 months), quit due to the TNL emu stopped working.

WoW for 6 months, my main only got to level 19

Currently, City of Heroes/Villains. My main in Heroes is 18 and in Villains 16.

EDIT: Oh, and Guild Wars. ***, that game sucked.

Posted by Kit

Quoting killacool: y would u be offline so long

Because it's Gunbound and over 90% of it's members are retards.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Maple story
Gunbound
Diablo II (battle.net)
Warcraft III (battle.net)
Starcraft 1 and 2 (battle.net
World of warcraft[/COLOR]

Posted by yogurttime

Gunbound
Diablo II (battle.net)
and runescape
but i stoped all of them when we moved away from broadband

Posted by S

Starcraft 2? You mean the expansion or did that game come out and I never knew?

Posted by GameMiestro

Starcraft 2 = Starcraft Brood Wars.

Which is not a MMOG. :)

Posted by KoH

Guys... MMOs do not include Warcraft 3, Starcraft, or any other RTS. This board is for MMOs. Games like WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, etc. Just because it's online doesn't mean it's an MMO.

MMOs I've played:

Matrix Online
Star Wars Galaxies
City of Heroes
City of Villains
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars
Archlord (Only beta)

MMOs I'm playing now:
WoW (lol)

I'm hoping to take up that Warhammer MMO when it's released. Better graphics and a lot like WoW, but hopefully it has that same type of "hook" to it.

Btw, for reference, THESE are MMOs:

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?N=140+155

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Oh I see. Sorry then.

Yes, Starcraft 2 = Brood wars ;)

I thought that battle.net was part of the MMOG categorie? Why is it not?[/COLOR]

Posted by S

MMORPG means a huge server where all people play simultaneously, or at least they widely affect each other. Examples of this are like WoW, FFXI, and RO online. They are seperated by servers sometimes but still a vast majority of people stay on one server and cannot move. D2 and Starcraft aren't MMO's because its restricted to eight people per game.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Alright. I see what you mean.

I took MMOG as a game where many people were online, but couldn't all play togheter, but if you tell me it's all one big community playing in a same map/game, then I apologize for my mistake :)[/COLOR]

Posted by KoH

No biggie. Just keep in mind that, yes, MMOs are about basically living an alternate life online in some sort of fantasy world.

How awesome would it be though to have a Starcraft MMO?

Posted by S

That'd be pretty fun to be honest. Zergling rush would be fun as hell.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I'd make a hydralisk rush, because I love Hydras ^_^[/COLOR]

Posted by Phantasma2

Guild Wars.

Posted by Kit

Quoting KoH: How awesome would it be though to have a Starcraft MMO?

Did you hear those rumours about World of Starcraft?

Posted by Boner

My first MMORPG was EQOA (Everquest for PS2). From there, I moved on to FFXI, which didn't last long due to my ***** of an ex g/f deleting my account. So far that has been all. I really don't feel like getting hooked on another one any time soon.

Posted by Klarth

Played Runescape for all of half an hour in 2001.

Played Anarchy Online from 2002 to early 2004. Was a fixer around level 50something when I quit.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Dark Kirby]Did you hear those rumours about World of Starcraft?

Yeah but they were only rumors apparently. Nothing's being made due to some sort of copyright issue I think.

Posted by S

Where'd you find that out? I'd be interested in reading about it. A copyright law amongst Blizzard or two companies?

Posted by Kit

I found out about it in a Penny Arcade comic. :/

Well, I started my WoW subscription again, but I have the European version, which is different to almost everybody else's.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]That'd be cool. I take a Zeratul-type hero. I love dark templars :)[/COLOR]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I wonder if shortly after World of Starcraft comes out, I wonder if Blizzard is gonna make a "World of Diablo" game. I'd play that. I'd get a King's Sword of Haste, and a Townkill hack. And then I'd kill the Butcher. Just for kicks. Hell, I might even visit Griswold, and allow him to ask, "Woah! What can I do for you?", to which I'd respond, "Buy Premium Weapons", because I simply never buy off the rack.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]World of Diablo? It would be pretty close to the old Diablo itself no? We already control one character and stuff... The only improvement I see would be better graphics.[/COLOR]

Posted by S

PSO-eque is the only upgrade I can see Diablo undertaking.

Posted by Klarth

WORLD OF STARCRAFT WAS AN APRIL FOOL'S DAY JOKE YOU TWITS.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, that's what I thought about "Star Wars Galaxies", but sadly, someone at SoE actually thought it was a good enough to make a game of it.

Ooh, new thread idea.

Posted by Apathetic

I tried maplestory and gunbound. Ive played wow and guildwars. I would not mind starting FFXI but meh

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've played Guild Wars (I may start up again), Maple Story (infrequently now), Gunbound (if you want to count that), and a couple years ago I used to play Priston Tale.

I've also tried Runescape and Everquest, but both I stopped playing after about twenty minutes.

Posted by WackoHater2

I play random games on BYOND. I used to play nothing but Duel Monsters Online. Now I am into Dragonball Z End of Time.

Posted by TheSorrow

Guild Wars and FFXI for the X360 thats all i have played really

Posted by Linko_16

Started out with FFXI. Later tried WoW, but I didn't like it at all.

Posted by Shade

Maple Story. I finally have access to it again so I can play.

Posted by Zeatha

guild wars

Posted by punkrock212

i used to play runescape, and now i play flyff

Posted by ccrocker58

My first ever MMORPG was FlyFF, which was about as fun as eating soap scum. From there I moved on to Guild Wars, which sucked me in completely since it caters more towards solo players, then tried WoW, and almost vomitted as it brought back horrid memories of FlyFF.

Right now I'm playing GW, and am thinking about getting started in CoV/CoH or FFXI.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

Phantasy Star Online