Clover shut down

Posted by Bebop

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/breaking-clover-studio-is-dead-207026.php

What a bummer. We'll most probably never see games as odd or as beautiful as VJ and Okami again. Poo.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

******* YOU *** HAND!

Seriously though, that's ****ing stupid. I believe I own every Clover game and have enjoyed them all. But, it's not Madden. So clearly they must suck.

Posted by Bebop

Tis a big shame. One of the few developers solely focuses on original bizzare ideas and it's shunned to make way for profitable unorignal titles.

Posted by Fate

I tried to Google this, but I couldn't find another link. Is this Kotaku a credible source? I linked it to Sneak King because it gave info about other games BK was doing. You'd think GameSpot would have the news.

Edit: Link on the bottom...

The studio apparently undertook the idea of creative games by the head guys at Capcom. Now that their contract is done, Capcom will essentially absorb them back. The reason given was because it was in the best interest of the company to "enhance efficiency and power" to the main Capcom studios. The Clover studio is gone in name only.

Posted by Bebop

Oh I see. That's good. Means more VJ.

Posted by Fate

Pretty much. Capcom would be to be complete idiots to abandon the development types that Clover did. Better to say "we did it" than "one of our subsidiaries did".