Megadeth? more like mega****.

Posted by ed elric

once again, die little ninja.

Posted by Klarth

This is the worst thread I have ever seen

Posted by Raptor

YEH MEGADUMP ROX NUFF SAID

Posted by Shin-Ra

I love the direction this thread's going in.

Everyone stop being stupid so I can avoid deleting your posts or locking this thread.

Posted by WackoHater2

I have never heard Megadeth's music, although I have heard of them. A girl that sits near my in science idolizes them.

Posted by Hyper

They're one of my favorite bands. I don't care about him not being able to sing :(

Posted by rivercitytecmo

MMMMMEEEEGGGAAADEEEEEETTTHHHH

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

IM GOING TO MAKE A TOPIC YEEEEEEAAAAHAHAAAAAAHHHHHH

I LIKE MEGADETHHHH

Posted by Shin-Ra

Ah, I forgot to mention that I can't stand to listen to Megadeth. Usually I can at least tolerate bad music in other people's vehicles, but I can't do it with Megadeth or Pantera, and usually ask the person nicely to put on the radio (actually had to do it a couple of times).

Posted by Dexter

Don't like them. A friend of mine was trying to get me into them awhile back, and I was trying to find something enjoyable about them, but they were just not my type. Nothing about them stands out to me as special and I don't find them very memorable.

Posted by Hyper

Listen to "Tornado of Souls." Great guitar work.

Posted by Slade

I recently got my hands on about ten of their songs hoping to really enjoy them, but I didn't care for any of them at all. Megadeath is, to me, one of those bands I never have to think about again because there was nothing good about their music.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Hyper: Listen to "Tornado of Souls." Great guitar work.

hmm. I actually will. Maybe something will click, but I doubt it. What is their most lyrically interesting song. That's probably the best place for me to explore.

Posted by Hyper

Lyrically Megadeth aren't that great. I wouldn't say any of them are the most interesting in that category. Sapphire Rose needs to come into this thread, he's a bigger fan than me.

Posted by Dexter

I think that was one of the major things that was turning me away from them; their lack of interesting lyrics and messages. From what I could understand, it was the typical dullness that leaves me feeling very little. And since the music wasn't particularly to my liking, I couldn't find a way to get into them. :(

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, I see why people wouldn't like them. I don't even know why I like them really as they're a lot different than everything else I listen to. I guess it's the great riffs.

Posted by Omni

I've never really been into Metallica, Megadeth, or any of that thrash metal stuff, but I enjoyed reading about how Dave Mustaine hates the members of Metallica and all that stuff, and how he hates that guy from Slayer, which I also have never been into. There is a lot of good guitar work on each of their albums, though.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: I've never really been into Metallica, Megadeth, or any of that thrash metal stuff, but I enjoyed reading about how Dave Mustaine hates the members of Metallica and all that stuff, and how he hates that guy from Slayer, which I also have never been into. There is a lot of good guitar work on each of their albums, though.

Haha, yeah, because he got kicked out of Metallica before they got popular. Though he did write some good riffs for them. If you listen to certain Deth songs and then listen to a corresponding Metallica song you can hear the same basic riff only at a different tempo or what have you.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Megadeth lyrics not interesting? I think not. Megadeths lyrics are really deep into political issues and other things depending on which album it is. Here are some great examples of Megadeth best lyrical work in my opinion. Set The Wolrd Afire, Holy Wars, In My Darkest Hour, Recipe For Hate, Sweating Bullets, Go To Hell, Five Magics, Reckoning day, A Secret Place, Looking Down The Cross, Ashes In Your Mouth, She Wolf...it goes on and on. Dave Mustaine writes in a very poetic like style and gets into some really interesting topics...but due to his sometimes unlistenable vocals you can't really tell. As of rescent he's really gotten better at that though, he's really matured as a vocalist.

Posted by Hyper

Eh, definitely not up to par with the lyrics of songs from bands that Dexter likes. I do like She Wolf though. And A Tout Le Monde.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

It depends on what kind of lyrics you like, if your looking for meaningful lyrics that will make you fuzzy inside, then Megadeth probably wont do it. Except maybe In My Darkest Hour or A Tout Le Monde. If your looking for lyrics about world corruption, chaos and the end of the world, Megadeths right up your alley. :)

Posted by Omni

Here's one good question: Who has better guitar players, Metallica or Megadeth?

Posted by rivercitytecmo

[quote=i can't remember]This message has been deleted by Shin-Ra. Reason: Read my post

that was my point.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: Here's one good question: Who has better guitar players, Metallica or Megadeth?

Megadeth, I'd say. Mustaine can still write great riffs, and the Drover guy they got can really shred. Also, if you're counting past members, Marty Friedman is amazing and was amazing in Megadeth.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, if Friedman counts, there's really no contest.

Posted by Omni

Oh, because I know these two guys who are obsessed with Metallica. One of them even has a tattoo of one of their symbols. They claim that Metallica is better, but internet favoritism is that Mustaine is a better player, so I figured I'd ask here, since I haven't heard much of either one. They've each also told me they'd go gay for Kirk Hammett or James Hetfield.

I'd go gay for Friedman if he signed one of my guitars. Even more so if he played a little ditty on it.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, but we're talking about the other guys, not him. Plus, I think they would do it even just to be able to say it happened. The way they say it is like they're completely serious.

Why not him? He's probably the best thing that ever happened to that band

Posted by Omni

When you say "him" which "him" are you talking about? I was talking about how much they like James and Kirk.

Posted by Raptor

I like Dream Theater

Posted by Skitzo Control

Megadeath fell out of my top lists after I journeyed further into classic rock and oldies. Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Anthrax, and all the others started dwindling from my play lists to make room for Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Creedence, Simon and Garfunkel, and other classics. I've come to like every bit of music I've come across, but I still can't bring myself to let The Doors or The Beatles collect dust.

As for Megadeath guitarists vs. Metallica guitarists: if you include Cliff Burton in Metallica's arsenal, you actually have a competition.

Posted by Hyper

Lead/rhythm guitar, not bass guitar. Though I'd say Cliff's just as good if not better than any Megadeth bassist.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Everyone of Megadeths lead guitarists have been better then Kirk Hammett. Chris Poland- Virtuoso, Jeff Young- Not quitte Virtuoso but still very good, Friedman- Virtuoso, Al Pitrelli- Virtuoso (see Savatage), Glen Drover- Virtuoso. Mustaine knows how to pick good guitarists. And as far as riffing goes, Dave> James in everyway. Lead wise i'd say Kirk was maybe a bit better in the early, early days, just because he had lessons from Joe Satriani. But Dave has definately surpassed him now.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I'm just glad that Dave Mustaine left Metallica before they got big. His voice isn't right. I mean, stack up "Mechanics" with "The Four Horsemen". No comparison.

Posted by Hyper

He didn't leave, he got kicked out.

Stack up Mechanix with The Four Horsemen and you can see Metallica wasn't about to let go of his riffs.