Dante's Inferno

Posted by WackoHater2

We were talking about this book in my English class a few days ago. Somtime last week. Anyway, it sounded like a good book, and I was gonna buy it if I could find a copy. What I was wondering is has anyone here read it? Is it good?

Posted by Klarth

I bought a recent translation of it by an Irish poet a few days ago. There are looooads of different versions from the Italian, and the concept really is pretty good - Although if you don't like reading things in verse form you'll be a little frustrated.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I can't see you having the patience to read it.

Posted by WackoHater2

Actually I have really gotten into more advanced books. Going beyond Harry Potter. I just read Caeser. It was really good, and I understood it. Surprise, surprise. ;)

Posted by Zeta

All I know about this is that that's where Square got the names for the Four Fiends in FF4.

Quoted post: Actually I have really gotten into more advanced books. Going beyond Harry Potter. I just read Caeser. It was really good, and I understood it. Surprise, surprise

Uh, Harry Potter is pretty basic. Caeser, the play I assume, isn't easily comparable to The Divine Comedy. It's actually very complex, to the point where it uses mathematical patterns, with the author even having to explain how to read it.

Whatever though, no one's stopping you from reading it, but your use of Harry Potter makes me believe you're just not up to it...

Posted by WackoHater2

If I can get my hands on a copy, I'll let you know. I gotta see if any of the book stores around here have it.

Posted by DarkBadmoonlight

Ive been looking for a copy for a while myself. I still have yet to find one.

Posted by WackoHater2

I am going to the mall sometime this week. Possibly tonight. I'll look in the book store they have there. Although they have more manga than anything.

Posted by DarkBadmoonlight

If anything, try barnes and noble or Borders?

Just get it off of Amazon if you can't find it elsewhere. Also, make sure to look under "The Divine Comedy" since that's the actual title of the entire poem. "Dante's Inferno" is only one section.

Posted by WackoHater2

Will do. Thanks Vamp.

Posted by Shade

I just finished this yesterday, myself. It was fantastic. I'm probably gonna pick up Purgatorio when I get the chance.

Posted by gamma_sponge

It's a little late, but "literature of the Western World" V.1 has a good translation of Inferno. This book is also home to the best translation of the Odyssey that I've read. It's a textbook, but it's a top-notch textbook. The ISBN # 0-13-018666-x

Posted by Stalolin

The great thing about books is that when their copyright expires you can read them on the Internet for free.

[URL="http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/results"]http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/results[/URL]

CHOOSE YOUR TRANSLATION