dose anyone like fruits basket?

Posted by temari

I just started to read fruits basket , about a week ago
and i fell in love with it ! I was also wondering when the rooster was going
to come in to the picture,or did he already show up?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

My sister picked up that series, and is in the process of collecting the manga, which goes beyond the final episode of the anime to actually resolve things. Good stuff, I think. I particularly like Kagura in the anime, because she has Kotono Mitsuishi's sexy, sexy voice.

Posted by Fate

I was thinking of picking it up, but the girl looked kind of spacey and retarded on the covers which drove me away.

Posted by Linko_16

I saw the beginning of it in anime club. But all the characters were morons.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Fruits Basket is one of my favorite anime/manga. At some points in time it can be cute and sweet and at other points it can get dark. The manga is better than the anime though. It goes further into the series, explains a lot more, introduces new characters (like the horse and the bird), and shows some things about the characters that was either never explained or no one ever thought of, Akito is a good example.

Posted by temari

Quoting Princess Fate: I was thinking of picking it up, but the girl looked kind of spacey and retarded on the covers which drove me away.

don't let the cover fool you fruits basket is a WONDERFUL shoujo if
your into those kinds of things(the first book ,well if you have sappy
emotions will make you cry, if not it was probly just me!) and
if your into comedy, well fruits basket has a pretty good garsp
on that element too!

Posted by temari

Quoting Roxas Lover: Fruits Basket is one of my favorite anime/manga. At some points in time it can be cute and sweet and at other points it can get dark. The manga is better than the anime though. It goes further into the series, explains a lot more, introduces new characters (like the horse and the bird), and shows some things about the characters that was either never explained or no one ever thought of, Akito is a good example.

I can relate to that!But i have a quetion for you,who is the bird it's
not akito,is it?Oh i hope it's not! I mean if it is that's okay but If you
don't know that's okay too ( but you probly do)

Posted by Roxas Lover

This is the bird.
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/KyouSohma/Fruits%20Basket/Kureno/Kureno.jpg[/IMG]
His name is Kureno and he is on the cover to the 14th volume.
Any other questions?

Posted by Fate

Quoting temari: don't let the cover fool you fruits basket is a WONDERFUL shoujo if
your into those kinds of things(the first book ,well if you have sappy
emotions will make you cry, if not it was probly just me!) and
if your into comedy, well fruits basket has a pretty good garsp
on that element too!

I'm sure the story is great and it's a good read, but there is some art styles I can't read or watch no matter how good the story is. See: Inuyasha, Saber Marionette, Tenchi Muyo, etc.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I was reading the first one and I stopped right there. It wasen't very entertaining.

I do like the name though. Toru Honda :p:

lol[/COLOR]

Posted by temari

Quoting Xero: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I was reading the first one and I stopped right there. It wasen't very entertaining.

I do like the name though. Toru Honda :p:

lol[/COLOR]

well,to each his own.

Posted by temari

Quoting Roxas Lover: This is the bird.
[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/KyouSohma/Fruits%20Basket/Kureno/Kureno.jpg[/IMG]
His name is Kureno and he is on the cover to the 14th volume.
Any other questions?

thank you, roxas lover!

Posted by Ayu

I justed to throw in my say here. I really find the series interesting and I've kept reading for many reasons.
[Quote]My sister picked up that series, and is in the process of collecting the manga, which goes beyond the final episode of the anime to actually resolve things.
Really? Anyone know how many manga and anime there are total, of the series?

Posted by Dexter

I'm thinking about watching the animes. I have quite a list of animes I want to see, but after I work my way through it a bit more, I'd like to add this one, too. How's the depth to it? Does it have more to do with character study or astrology?

Posted by Jazz

I found the book i think i might start reading it is it really that good, whats it about.

Posted by Dexter

Quoted post: Fruits Basket follows the life of high school student Tohru Honda, recently orphaned when her mother is killed in a car crash. Tohru lives with her grandfather, but when remodelling is needed on the house, Tohru resorts to living in a tent and holds down a job to support herself. Despite suffering many hardships, Tohru remains her cheerful and optimistic self.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruits_Basket#Story

For some reason, I thought this story had a lot to do with astrology. I think someone told me that once. Looks like I was a bit off.

Posted by Jazz

I might read it, it sounds good. wait is this story a series, sorry i don't know.

Posted by Dexter

There are books and a series. I'd probably watch the series over the books.

Posted by Jazz

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Dexter: I'm thinking about watching the animes. I have quite a list of animes I want to see, but after I work my way through it a bit more, I'd like to add this one, too. How's the depth to it? Does it have more to do with character study or astrology?

It has more to do with the psychological problems of the characters and Tohru's different approaches to those problems than the whole Zodiac thing. That plays a part, but most of the problems the characters have are normal issues that any human being could have.

Posted by temari

Quoting Dexter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruits_Basket#Story

For some reason, I thought this story had a lot to do with astrology. I think someone told me that once. Looks like I was a bit off.

Fruits basket dose have some astrology in it but not an
overwhelming amount.

Posted by Dexter

I think a theme of astrology would be interesting. I hope it does contain a fair share of it. I'd be more interested in it if it did.

Posted by temari

It's astrological baisis has a lot to do with how the characters interact with one another.( you should pick up a copy I think you would like it!)

Posted by Dexter

I added the entire anime onto my Netflix list, but there's about three other series in front of it (A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, Mao Chan, and Kaleido Star), so it may be a few weeks until I finally get to them. I might bump it up in front of Kaleido Star.

Posted by temari

Do whatever suits you best!

Posted by Dexter

I did bump it in front of Kaleido Star. We watched the first volume and I really do appreciate it. Interesting, enjoyable characters that are so far developing well, fun plotline, and good music.

Kyo Sohma is so far my favorite character. His attitude makes me laugh and I'm looking forward to seeing where his character goes in the next three volumes. How could one not want to be friends with such a guy? ^_^

And just so I'm ready when I finish with the anime, what manga volumes do I need in order to continue with the story? I might end up ordering them tomorrow. I know I'm going to want to see what happens once the anime is over. :(

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Dexter: And just so I'm ready when I finish with the anime, what manga volumes do I need in order to continue with the story? I might end up ordering them tomorrow. I know I'm going to want to see what happens once the anime is over. :(

Buy volume 6 and so on. Volume 6 has the a few of the last episodes but then goes on from there.

Posted by Dexter

It's over. Watched volume 4 last night. I swear, something has happened with me because ever since August, I have had such a bigger appreciation for anime. Or maybe I've just been watching a lot of good anime since then.

Fruits Basket was so much fun. It was really fun for the girls and myself. Not just the young girls, either, but the older ones too. Tiffany, who is 25 was originally really skeptical about watching anime when she first moved in. She never really was exposed to it so her idea was fairly narrow. Watching A Little Snow Fairy sort of changed her, but not until we got to volume 4. She gradually fell into it. Now she's enjoying it almost more than I am, and that's saying a lot since I'm really enjoying it.

Fruits Basket was her favorite so far. She was already interested in the Zodiac, so it grabbed her attention easily. She likes how the Zodiac animals are reflected in the character's personalities. I'd have to agree with her. It made the characters a lot more fun and somehow got us to pay more attention to them. It was done very intelligently.

I think we were all in tears at some point during the four volumes, especially me, the easiest teary eyed individual in the house. It's like what Fate said awhile ago, something about some anime being an acquired taste. I've come to realize, by observing myself and others around me, that this is kinda how anime works. There's strong truth in that. You gradually acquire the appreciation and understanding; you become immune to certain things, the style, the humor, the emotions. It's really quite wonderful.

And there's something about experiencing them with others that adds to the delightfulment, too. I'm glad I’m watching it with so many others. I like to get their reactions, see/hear what they think, and discuss the characters and story during our days. The character's stories gets us focusing on our own lives and what we've been through and it's really a fantastic opportunity to learn about people and communicate.

Ayame was rad. His voice, his attitude, his store, etc. Dudes, I wish I had a brother like that. The entire first scene in his store was hilarious. Mine Kuramae was like me in so many ways. All the characters are enjoyable, really. It's like I kept wanting more of them all.

And Moge had me laughing so hard. I kept rewinding it and watching Moge over and over again until I knew it was implanted in my memory forevermore.

I was actually satisfied with the ending, too. I'm still going to read the mangas that continue with the story, but I have a feeling that I won't enjoy it as much as the anime. The voice talent was fantastic. To be honest, I actually preferred the English audio.

Posted by Average n00b

Eh. I've got the first three manga, I kinda like it. But it's on the lower list of "Have to read" The only character's I really like are Yuki and Sugurai or soemthing. I honestly don't know half of their names.

Posted by Dexter

You know, I never felt as though they showed/explained why the Sohma curse was so bad. I think I kept expecting an episode where Tohru Honda would eloquently persuade Yuki and Kyo that the curse shouldn't be looked at/treated so pessimistically, but instead looked upon and treated optimistically, as a gift. I mean, sure, they can't come into contact with the opposite sex, but they never showed concern to do so anyway, so I didn't understand what the big deal was. And then there was all that stuff about how Akito had it the worst and he was going to die but they never said why. And the romance never went far. Maybe these are all things that are explained or transpire after the anime ends. I really should get around to reading those.

And what's this about Akito being a girl?!!! No way!

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Dexter: You know, I never felt as though they showed/explained why the Sohma curse was so bad. I think I kept expecting an episode where Tohru Honda would eloquently persuade Yuki and Kyo that the curse shouldn't be looked at/treated so pessimistically, but instead looked upon and treated optimistically, as a gift. I mean, sure, they can't come into contact with the opposite sex, but they never showed concern to do so anyway, so I didn't understand what the big deal was. And then there was all that stuff about how Akito had it the worst and he was going to die but they never said why. And the romance never went far. Maybe these are all things that are explained or transpire after the anime ends. I really should get around to reading those.

Yes most of that stuff is explained later after the anime. They make it sound like Akito will die at a young age in the anime but in the manga, it is a different story.

Quoting Dexter: And what's this about Akito being a girl?!!! No way!

Yes way! It is explained in the later manga volumes that haven't been released to America yet. I could explain more, but it would give out too much.

Posted by Dexter

Gah! I wish they'd continue with the anime. What is the reason they stopped? It apparently had success, so I'm not understanding why. :(

Posted by Roxas Lover

I heard rumors that they were going to continue the anime, but I highly doubt it because they had the ending come out a little different. But I would love to see them continue it.

Posted by Dexter

I participated in a Christmas Cosplay Convention and one of my costumes won me the entire Fruits Basket manga series. Read them, was glad to see the story continue, but certainly didn't get into it like I was with the anime. I miss the music, the voices, etc.

Posted by Jazz

thats pretty awsome, but i think they should make a movie it would be kool

Posted by Dexter

A film to cover up the rest of the story. That would be nice. I'd like that, but it'll sadly never happen. We'd get lucky if they continued the series at all.

Posted by Litbut

Loved it. Only got to see one or two episodes though. =[

Posted by Dexter

One or two episodes just isn't enough to get into its magic, especially if they were just random episodes. Gotta watch the entire series, episode to episode, volume to volume. Easily worth the time and when it's over, you're going to wish it would continue.

Posted by Zeatha

I hope that they do make a second season because it would be interesting to see how well they translate the manga to anime...

Posted by laraaj

yeah me too i like it

Posted by temari

that is nice, what do you like most about it?

Posted by Naoko

fruits basket is one of the best manga i have ever read, the characts are
da bomb, as well as the story. i cried when the series ended, but then
again most of the fans probably did.

Posted by Dexter

I cried more and harder when I realized the anime didn't cover the entire story.

Posted by Naoko

i hope that their is at least one last book that can ease the suffering of
the fans in distress, i am about ready to lose my mind

Posted by Dark Fire Emo Wolf

hmm...i started reading fruits basket but then a prep started reading it so i quit v.v

Posted by temari

Quoting Dark Fire Emo Wolf: hmm...i started reading fruits basket but then a prep started reading it so i quit v.v

so you let what other people do controll what you read?