Strange...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I would have thought someone on here would have noted that GameStop and EB were pre-ordering ps3s today. The pre-orders are probably all gone by now, though. I used my all-hours access to the mall for evil instead of good, and pre-ordered one myself. I feel a bit dirty, but I'm sure I won't when I sell the system on ebay for $3000+
:-D

Posted by Fate

Reserved!

No matter which system I get, I would never auction it off. I love my systems more than money.

Now, ordinarily I would respect your right to fandom, even if it is for wretched, despicable sony, but we're talking about thousands of dollars for a launch system that may or may not have glitches in it. A system that can't possibly be launching with games that are worth passing up an opportunity to make said thousands of dollars. I suppose I shouldn't really argue, though. The fewer there are on ebay, the more desperate the bidding situation for the unit I'll be putting up.

Posted by Fate

The possibility isn't a fact until something actually goes wrong, you know!

Certainly, but my thinking for the so-called gamers who will actually want to own a ps3 is that if you can get a ps3 at retail price and sell it for many multiples of its retail price, you'll have many multiples of the ps3's retail price to spend on games and accessories when there are more games and accessories available to spend that money on.

Posted by Fate

Well, I have money to buy accessories for each and every system without selling any of my stuff. Gaming is important!

Posted by Kit

Quoting Princess Fate: No matter which system I get, I would never auction it off. I love my systems more than money.

I'm like that too, I would never sell any of my consoles, because I know I won't get a very good deal compared to the amount I have spent on it, and I also know that I'll end up regretting it later.

Quoting Princess Fate: Well, I have money to buy accessories for each and every system without selling any of my stuff. Gaming is important!

...And I appreciate that sentiment. I don't include the ps3 that I'll be picking up on launch day with the rest of "my stuff," though. It is nothing more than an investment. An almost immediately profitable one, at that. I would like to play Lair, but I think I'll just wait for the ps3 to flop and Lair to be ported to the 360.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I wonder if the same situation will be created over here in March, because I fully plan to make money on the PS3 (unlike Sony, lolzorz). Surely they still won't have enough systems out by then.

Posted by .batata

i'm saveing all my mony for this thing