MUST HAVE!

Posted by 1magus

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIRTUAL-BOY-DISPLAY-SYSTEM-COUNTER-VERSION-ULTRA-RARE_W0QQitemZ120039429082QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The price does not seem that bad so far and only one bid! But it is 40 bucks shipping, think it's worth it?

Posted by Boner

Wow, that's sad. Only sold for $265? I paid around $500 for mine and the condition is just as good as this ebay one. I have seen them sell for waaaaay more in the past. People just aren't willing to pay what they once were for VB stuff.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Probably would have gotten more for it if they would have been willing to ship worldwide.

I'd love to have one of these, but unfortunately even ~$250 is out of my price range, not to mention I haven't even completed my (US) VB collection... :(

Posted by Boner

Probably. But we still have to face the fact that most hard core collectors who were willing to dish out the big bucks for the hard to find items have pretty much already done so. That, and to quote Chris Tucker from the movie Friday, "Niggas are broke these days!" I even posted my Virtual Bowling on ebay to try and get a little extra cash. I couldn't even get what I paid for it (about $850). The last copy of VB I saw that sold only went for a little over $600. I refuse to take a loss on it, so I decided against relisting it. I even offered worldwide shipping. To me, the collection I have is still worth the money I spent on it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, it's comforting to know that if we want to buy a Virtual Boy soon, we'll have to shell out nearly a grand in cash... :rolleyes:

Posted by Boner

Quoting GameMiestro: Well, it's comforting to know that if we want to buy a Virtual Boy soon, we'll have to shell out nearly a grand in cash... :rolleyes:

How so? The value (ie. what people are willing to spend) of the Virtual Boy seems to have dropped in recent years. Namely the "rare" items like that store display stand. You can still get a VB unit and a couple of games for under $50. Even years down the road and with compounded inflation the things still won't cost a grand.

Posted by Acris

gameboy color rocked the house man i played gta on it it was good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!