Photos of finalised retail hardware

Posted by Klarth

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv10-2006-gamefront/2313.html

Only new things I can spot are the slightly-bulging disc slot and the ATi badge on the side/top.

Interesting when it's placed next to a PSP!

Posted by Bebop

Whats the red socket at the back for?

Posted by Dexter

Nice. Looks real sleek.

Posted by Bebop

On the subject of hardware I still prefer the controller having A nd B buttons rather than 1 and 2.

Posted by Dexter

I agree. It's what we're used to, it's how Nintendo started it off. When it comes to revolutionizing gaming, they should learn to take it slow!

Bah, I'll get used to it.

Posted by Klarth

Casual gamers wouldn't know the difference between A and a. Wouldn't work.

Posted by Proto Man

Fudge, what I want to know is if that multi-AV port is compatible with my other cords as it has been in the past! I mean it looks like it, but I am not sure. I read some where that the old AV stuff wouldn't be compatible. My guess though is that the orange thing is the progressive scan component output?

Posted by Klarth

Orange port = sensor bar

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: Orange port = sensor bar

Thanks for clearing that up.

What about my first question?

Posted by Klarth

New propietary AV connector which allows for composite, prog scan, s-video all in one.

Posted by Proto Man

Grr... I was afraid as much. I like the fact that I can switch my current AV cable and share it between my GCN and SNES. That means I have to get an AV switch box! :( Oh well... they had been using that for over 10 years now. I guess it was time to retire it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Certainly is one nice looking unit. Easily the best looking console to date.

Posted by Klarth

Huh, anyone else notice that the disc slot actually has a flap of plastic covering it? I was assuming it was just going to be an open hole.

Oh well; I'm a little disappointed there, but functionality over form...

Posted by Zeta

Looks pretty sexy. I might just fap to it.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

That ATI logo better not be etched into the plastic. The first thing I did when I got my GAMECUBE was take off that stupid sticker.

Quoted post: Huh, anyone else notice that the disc slot actually has a flap of plastic covering it? I was assuming it was just going to be an open hole.

Oh well; I'm a little disappointed there, but functionality over form...

Huh? All loaders like that have foam, as far as I've seen...

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, the foam is to be expected. Doesn't it protect it from particles entering the system, such as dust? I'm not sure of any other reason for it other than that.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai]That ATI logo better not be etched into the plastic. The first thing I did when I got my GAMECUBE was take off that stupid sticker.

May I ask why?

I stole a Pentium 4 sticker from my college and stuck it to my GC.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Prince Shondronai: That ATI logo better not be etched into the plastic. The first thing I did when I got my GAMECUBE was take off that stupid sticker.

Uh, yeah... what do you have against ATI here?

Posted by Dexter

Probably just likes to keep it sleek. Some people don't like stickers, either. One of my older sisters dislikes stickers and often takes the time to take them off, the silly girl.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Probably just likes to keep it sleek. Some people don't like stickers, either. One of my older sisters dislikes stickers and often takes the time to take them off, the silly girl.

Sorry to go off topic, buit wait... you have MORE sisters?

Anyhow yeah, I have a thing about EBGames stickers on my boxes and such. I tend to just peel them off cause their annoying.

Posted by Zeta

Gamestop puts pricetags on the back of used GBA games. If I peel them off the back becomes sticky and it's hard to take out of my DS. :(

Posted by Proto Man

You know for some reason I always though the USB ports would be in front...

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Proto Man: Sorry to go off topic, buit wait... you have MORE sisters?

I have 7 sisters. You don't even want to know how many nieces and nephews I have.

USB on the front? Nah, I like how they put as much as possible on the back-side.

Does the Game Cube disks go where the Wii disks go? Wouldn't it be difficult because of the different sizes? :confused:

Eh, I always take the stickers off my consoles and handhelds, no matter what they are. So I agree with Prince on this. Hopefully it's a sticker.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Dexter: Does the Game Cube disks go where the Wii disks go? Wouldn't it be difficult because of the different sizes? :confused:

The same drive is able to load both sizes. It's amazing *oscar*

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Dexter: Does the Game Cube disks go where the Wii disks go? Wouldn't it be difficult because of the different sizes? :confused:

Nintendo is the first to have a multiple size slot loading drive.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Proto Man: Nintendo is the first to have a multiple size slot loading drive.

Bet $10 that in the distant future Sony will do that and be like "lol we're so innovative".

...Wow, now even I'm getting bored with making fun of Sony. :(

Posted by Bebop

What goes in the USB ports? Any news?

Stuff... and a USB-Ethernet adaptor for those that lack a wireless router.

Posted by Bebop

I see.

If you put a GC memory card in the slot is it covered by the flap or not? I want to be able to leave ym GC card in there and forget about it.

Posted by Dexter

I'm really curious about that too, Bebop. Does anyone know? It doesn't look like there's room, but they have two seperate flaps...

Looks like the card is going to stick out just as much as it did on the Cube. So I'd say it won't be covered. It's just there incase you have no reason to have a card in there... like, if you didn't plan to play GC games, but still wanted to use the GC controller (DBZ, SSBB, etc)

Posted by Dexter

That sucks. I'd like to, like Bebop, to put it in there, close it, and forget about it. It doesn't seem like it would’ve been that difficult to make it a little deeper. This is much worst than a sticker!

Posted by brownoystercult

whatever happened to all the colors they were going to release on launch day? i've only been seeing models of the white wii, though it's really slick, it'd be nice if people could have more variety...

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I'd like a black one myself, to go along with my Nintendo DS.

Quoted post: whatever happened to all the colors they were going to release on launch day? i've only been seeing models of the white wii, though it's really slick, it'd be nice if people could have more variety...

Pretty sure they never annoucned those colours for launch. They were just for show. Everyone gets white though, and I'm sure, knowing Nintendo, we'll see the black hit the streets once everyone has the white. Then once everyone has the black, we'll probably see red, green, blue, etc.

Posted by Dexter

They didn't give America the black or pink DS at first either, but it certainly didn't take them too long to release them. I have a feeling we'll get more Wii colours very early on in 2007.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Fourth photo down, there's a massive pile of Wiimotes in the corner.

Also in that same photo, if you look at the bottom of the disc slot, it seems like the foam is there for protection in transit and is to be removed.

Posted by GameMiestro

Aw, they're using Memory Chips... I was hoping I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of using them again. Is there a hard drive included with the system?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Memory cards are only for Gamecube. SD cards are for game saves. There's 512MB of memory inside the system that works like a hard drive, too.