The Contender

Posted by Pit

I'm not a big fan of reality shows, seeing as this is really the first one I've watched. So far, I'm loving it. The rivalry. the training, etc. It's a pretty darn good show, but that's me opinion. Anyone else been watching this show?

Posted by Mixhael

I couldn't get into it. I know they edit the fights and only keep the highlights for the show, but even then it moved too slow for me. It just takes too long to get to the fight. The drama between the fighters isn't as bad as other reality shows, but this show would benefit more from being a 30 minute show as opposed to an hour.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I think it's just an okay show. I'm not a big fan of boxing so I can't say that it's my favorite, but at times it's okay to watch. The fights are dited as stated above and I would have liked to see a little more carnige, but that's just me. For me it's a show to watch once it a while to see two guys get the crap beat out of each other, other than that I stand to say it fits my "okay to watch" list.

Posted by Dexter

It was terrible. I took a glimpse at it and the first thing I thought of was how fake and shoddy it all appeared. The slow motion and other bits of directing styles just didn't seem to suit it properly.

Posted by Trigger

I'm tired of reality shows and fortunately, The Contender has yet to reach Australian television. As it is, I'll have to spent several months soon dealing with people I know being absolutely obsessed with yet another season of Big Brother. Even the advertisements trying to entice people to watch it when it comes around for a fifth time is beginning to annoy me. Really, twelve people in a house together does not get any better or genius after the second, third or fourth time.