iPod or DS Lite?

Posted by Killer Jordo

Which one should I choose. My brother may be getting me a free MP3 player from his work as a freebie from Dell. But if he can't which one should I get? I have the money for both, so which one do you think I should get?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Would you rather play games or listen to music? Personally, I'd say an iPod since I always listen to music. But it depends on your mileage.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Music helps me focus, but I want a DS so :(

Well, since you're asking for my opinion, I'd go with the iPod. To tell you the truth, I really don't use my DS all that much unless I get a new game, and then I forget about it for a couple weeks to a month. But my MP3 player never misses a day of use. So, I think the iPod would be more worth your money. You can always get a DS at christmas or something, right? I just think you'll get more use and be more happy with the iPod.

Posted by bazariah

you say you have the money for both?
so why not buy both??

or do you mean enough for one or the other? if so get the ds lite and the free mp3 player from your bro, it's petty much the same as an ipod, with ipod your just paying for the brand name, it's no more special than any other mp3 player on the market

Posted by Killer Jordo

Not both at the same time. I have the money for ONE of those. Worded it wrong.

Posted by Fate

You'll use music a whole lot more, so buy that first. If you save up your money then you can get a DS. It takes more money to upkeep a DS. Remember that games don't come for free!

Posted by Killer Jordo

True. Music is always free ;)

Posted by higbvuyb

Don't get the iPod nano, get the Sandisk Sansa, it's far better.

Posted by NeXidala

I choose the DS Lite since iPods are extremely overrated. The batteries run out too quickly, so I would suggest a more efficient MP3. But, if either an iPod or a DS Lite are your ONLY two choices, I would get the DS Lite.

Posted by Breakman

I dunno. First of all, I'm surprised DS isn't by far winning int he poll, seeing as you're asking this on a video game forum (oh wait, I forgot, nothing here ever happens but bad jokes on the social boards anymore and no one here plays games. Sorry) and secondly I'd absolutely pick the DS; it's a great system, many of the games have fantastic replay value due to wifi or just ingeuity, and personally for me, I just listen to music on the PC anyway, when I'm elsewhere I'm usually doing something such that I don't need to /care to. And honestly, as STRANGE as it is in this day and age, I don't care about music, or listen to it, anywhere near as much as video games. It really depends on your tastes, your personal tastes, so in a way both these guys AND me are pointless to listen to on the issue.

Oh, and you could always get a PSP. It's starting to get some pretty solid games it looks like, and it plays MP3s.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Corporate america got me to buy a SLVR, which got hacked and swapped with a version of iTunes with more than 100 songs on it. Combining phone and music for me = deadly.

Quoted post: You'll use music a whole lot more, so buy that first. If you save up your money then you can get a DS. It takes more money to upkeep a DS. Remember that games don't come for free!

You can download games for just as free as music these days ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

DS Lite. They're still cool to have...

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Music helps me focus, but I want a DS so :(

What a coincidence, DS games have music.

Posted by Arcadios

MP3 player.
I always listen to my Gigabeat everyday.
Just in case get an in store warranty for whatever you decide to buy.

Posted by Shade

iPod, definately. But IMO, get the video, I hate the nanos.

Posted by Arcadios

You can still put videos in the nano but if you want a bigger screen go with the video iPods.

Let's look at it this way, shall we:

8GB Nano for $249:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=iPodnano

or

30GB iPod for $249:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=E2DBC1A0&nclm=iPod

What's the better deal? Technically the 80GB version, yes, but we're comparing 30 gigs to 8... both for the same price. SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Yeah, so there is a change in plands. My brother is getting me a free MP3 player from his work. He get's freebies from DELL for making large orders. And he's going to try and get me a 30GB Zen!

Get a DS.

Posted by Killer Jordo

But now a new set of golf clubs have come into the question :p: