KMFDM

Posted by MetalVox~55

I recently had a chance to see these guys live at the Eagles Club/The Rave in Milwaukee, and holy ****, they put on a great show. If anyone ever gets a chance to see KMFDM play live, do so.

Thread is now about KMFDM and if you've listened to/ever heard of them and opinion of their music.

Subnote:
These guys are the only band that can get away with saying their own name over and over again.

Posted by Boner

I have had 2 chances to see these guys live and missed them both. And both times were due to my g/f at the time. The first time she forgot her state i.d. at home and couldn't get in the show. She drove, and was my only way back home. The second time she decided she felt sick right before we parked the car. We turned around and went home. If I get the chance, I guess I'll have to see them again for the first time.

Subnote: Never go and see Thrill Kill Kult unless you like sh[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]tty music with fat chicks dancing on the stage. .....don't ask. It wasn't pretty.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like em. My friend Vlad got me into them recently. . . as well as Depeche Mode, which was pretty badass, too. Recently as in 6 months ago, I suppose. Ironic that I mention the two at the same time, considering the rumors about what KMFDM stood for.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Opeth]I have had 2 chances to see these guys live and missed them both. And both times were due to my g/f at the time. The first time she forgot her state i.d. at home and couldn't get in the show. She drove, and was my only way back home. The second time she decided she felt sick right before we parked the car. We turned around and went home. If I get the chance, I guess I'll have to see them again for the first time.

Subnote: Never go and see Thrill Kill Kult unless you like sh[COLOR=White]i[/COLOR]tty music with fat chicks dancing on the stage. .....don't ask. It wasn't pretty.Lesson learned: hire a taxi to take your gf back home, and go in anyways. KMFDM > girlfriend :D

Posted by Shin-Ra

I like KMFDM to a degree. A buddy of mine would play it in his car constantly, and I like everything I've heard, but I have yet to listen to it on my own (hence: to a degree).

I had a chance to see them the day after I saw Ministry, but I passed on it because Ministry's so loud that there's no way my ears would have been able to take it.

Posted by Klarth

They're not bad at all. Kind of reminiscent of Rammstein, but with higher standards.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Shin-Ra: I like KMFDM to a degree. A buddy of mine would play it in his car constantly, and I like everything I've heard, but I have yet to listen to it on my own (hence: to a degree).

I had a chance to see them the day after I saw Ministry, but I passed on it because Ministry's so loud that there's no way my ears would have been able to take it.

Yeah, I was mostly deaf for a few days after the Ministry show I went to, but it was very, very worth it.

KMFDM is wonderful. Something great to blast late at night while rolling down city streets.

Posted by Fate

I liked the song used for the Street Fighter animated movie. "Ultra", I think.

Posted by Hammered On

They're alright. :p

Posted by rivercitytecmo

wow. i haven't thought about them or listened to them in like 4 years. they're great, though.

Posted by Omni

I work with this guy who is a huge fan, but I've never really listened to KMFDM. Based on what I've heard about them, I'd probably like them. What songs would you recommend me to start if I want to get to know the band?