Racism - have you felt it?

Posted by Xenos

Just five minutes ago, a woman of African descent was just in front of me in the lane blasting her loud rap music as she stuck her head out and screamed, "Get the hell off of my *** you son of a *****." I winced to my friend, who also happens to be Asian, and said, "Was that at us?" He was too busy ranting how much of a whore she was and I told him to shush and hold. After the light turned green the woman CUTS in front of a man in the other lane and slows down to get parallel to us and yells, "You ****ers need to learn how to drive." and my friend said, "What?" She continued with, "Shut the hell up and go back to Japan [pauses] or China or wherevere the hell you ****ing dumbass ricers came from. [she mutters some other **** too but my head began to throb so I didn't pay attention.]" I wanted to open my mouth and say, "You people are often the first to protest racism, yet you do it to us?" But that woman was out of her mind so I just kept shut.

Anyone else have stories?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Just a few minutes ago I was minding my own business on the internet, and some *******, OUT OF NOWHERE, calls me a "cracker" and tells me to "shut up." I didn't even do anything! People are just jerks for no good reason. Ignore them.

Posted by Killer Jordo

My mate's that I grew up with are of diffrent races. Hell some of my best friends are black and asian. So I've noticed racism first hand. I don't take most forms of racism as seriously as other people. But I'm not afraid to stand up for my mates when they are victims of racism.

Posted by Kit

Nothing for me, really. I've seen people attacked with racism, but it's never happened to me personally.

Posted by Lord of Spam

This one time a black guy called me a cracker.

So I lynched him.

Posted by Arcadios

Nope but I'm in a new school where the majority of the students are white and I get some attention, in a positive way.
BTW, I'm a beaner.

Posted by Lord of Spam

AS IF WE COULDNT TELL BY USING THE C IN PLACE OF A T

SMELLY DUMB BEANER SCUM

Also, [url]www.resist.com[/url].

Posted by WackoHater2

I am white, so no. Other than friends joking around calling me a cracker or a saltine or something of that matter. Nothing ever serious. My aunt is always yelling about "niggers" when African Americans are around though. It ****es me off, and scares me at the same time. I might be shot up or stabbed in the liver.

Posted by mis0

I'm white, and because I was one of only a few white kids, and I think I was the only blonde haired, blue eyed one at a former school I attended, I got called "nazi" by everyone. This was years before I would kill my first Jew.

I do agree that black people are the first to call racism on something/someone just because they can get away with it.

Posted by Zeta

To answer the question, I'm white, and have never been racially descriminated against.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Well, I've been told that I cant say nigg3r because I'm white, to which I responded "Fine, then you're not allowed to vote, own land, or be seen in public because you're black. Now start picking cotton."

In other news, people dont like it when you point out how hypocritical and idiotic they are.

Posted by cas

I tried to get a job but was probably turned down because i was white. ****ed 7-elevens. And chinese run computer stores.

I'm not white anymore so that isnt a problem. :)

Posted by bazariah

hmm, well i've been called a cracker, honky and milky bar kid from a black guy just as he was beating the living snot out of me

i do believe from what i've seen is that black on black racism is more widespread but usually never reported

i personally feel that everybody has some kind of deap seated resentment (not so much of a racism) of other cultures/colours whatever even if it isnt apparent on the surface, thats mainly since people are usually scared of something which isnt indiginous to their country or sometimes they just dont want to understand... and most of this stems from our great-grand parents or whatever, watch american history x for an example of this, the guy who gets sent to prison for killing the black guy had his dad telling him that he didnt feel right about having a black guy watch his back in the fire service, now the main character wasnt rascist until his dad gets shot, but the chats with his father served to send him that way

Posted by Fate

I have no fear or discrimination against any other races. I think stereotypes of any race is funny, so I make fun of them. There's no particular race I focus on. My family has blacks, whites, Asians, Spaniards, etc. We all make fun of each other by mimicing stereotypes of each other. I could never mean any of it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Racism? Ho ho, God no! I'm white!

Posted by Klarth

Moved from Germany to the USA when I was four. Was constantly given **** for being "that german kid", haha. Everyone else gave me crap for being supposedly English; nobody could place my accent.

Came back to the UK at the age of eight. Got given no end of crap for having picked up an American accent. Finally dropped it when I was ten or so, and now I've got such a ****ing mess of an accent that I just get weird looks when I'm speaking.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You do have a ****ing mess of an accent.

I'm white British, but there is some sort of mesh of genes that make me look otherwise. I have a group of Muslim friends at University who only originally started talking to me because they thought I was Muslim as well, and on holiday in Turkey I have been mistaken for a local on more than one occasion, to give you some idea of what I mean.

Anyway. At the end of 2001 onwards I really felt discriminated against. People would avoid me in the street, simply because of my looks, not knowing anything about me, but I was lumped in with a small group of terrorist *******es because of the fear that had been built up in such a short time - along with so many other people in the world.

It still happens. Whenever I go abroad, my passport is scrutinised more than others. If I'm with my family, they ask them for clarification that I am travelling with them. I expect a fair bit of trouble if I end up working in America next year.

Posted by Klarth

Although it might not necessarily be what you meant, I'd just like to point out that everyone gets given **** on flying into America now. Last time I flew into Chicago (late 2004) I had to fill in a landing card stating I didn't perpetrate 9/11, the Cuban missile crisis or the holocaust, I had to submit to a thorough questioning at passport control and I was given retina and fingerprint scans.

I'll be touching down in Atlanta this time next week. I'm hoping it'll be a little less strenuous considering I'm only going to be there in transit.

Haha.

"Are you a terrorist?"
"No."
"Okay, come on in!"

Posted by Klarth

Seriously. I'll take a photo of the card next time - it's a green thing with an address field and the like, and underneath there are five or six boxes asking if you're a rapist, a Nazi or a suicide bomber. Right under those there's a little blurb saying "WARNING! IF YOU ANSWERED "YES" TO ANY OF THE ABOVE QUERIES, YOU CAN AND WILL BE DETAINED UPON LANDING!"

Posted by rivercitytecmo

it's interesting that many people in this thread instantly said, "i'm white, so i've never experienced racism". please note that positive racism and preferential treatment based on race exists all the time. it just might not be obvious. for example, if you're white and are in a mall, you're much less likely to be followed than if you're a minority. here, you actually have to look for the racism if you're white.

If I don't know it's happening to me, then I haven't experienced it.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

but if you think about it and realize it, you are experiencing it. i'm just saying that apparently most people here don't really think about racism unless it is extremely explicit like name-calling.

You're right, since that's what immediately came to mind and the only thing I considered. But still, it may be happening to me, but I have no idea it is. So I can't say I'm experiencing it since I have no clue. I guess I should say "Not to my knowledge."

Posted by rivercitytecmo

good point.

Posted by higbvuyb

I wonder what happens if someone obviously much younger than 60 ticks the box saying that they perpetrated the holocaust, you'd probably be detained because some people are too f***ing stupid.

Posted by theblobishere92

I think it's ok for some racial humor, as long as you don't acctuely belive it... maybe some inside jokes, but it's pretty usless, now the only reason to hate a race:they hate you example, African American's pretty much have a reason to hate white people.. but I hate people that are racist to you for no reason, for example if somone makes fun of white people then I will get them back depending on they're race... and I think whites have the least amount of steriotypes, and the least offencive ones... so calling other races all sorts of insults is easy for me...(only if they say **** first)

Posted by Bebop

Why is ****** censored but craker isnt? Jesse is racist!

Posted by Linko_16

Then we'd be going around saying "For dinner I had soup and *******s."

Posted by Bebop

You eat crackers with soup? What the hell is wrong with you!

Quoted post: Just a few minutes ago I was minding my own business on the internet, and some *******, OUT OF NOWHERE, calls me a "cracker" and tells me to "shut up." I didn't even do anything! People are just jerks for no good reason. Ignore them.

Why were the posts before this deleted? They were not only on topic, but now this one makes no sense at all.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: Why were the posts before this deleted? They were not only on topic, but now this one makes no sense at all.

They contained racist words.

Quoting Bebop: You eat crackers with soup? What the hell is wrong with you!

Damn straight! You should be eating niggers!

Posted by Zeta

Niggers taste horrible. :(

idk, monkey meat is pretty delicious with the right seasoning.

Posted by Bebop

Ive never tried nigga. They are too fast to catch. Must be from all the police evasion they do.

You broke it.

Posted by Bebop

Thats what niggas do to the law.

Posted by G-Sides

i have a black friend that i always call "nigga cam" since his name is cameron, but he knows i'm kidding so :s

i actually almost got jumped and pushed over a balcony a few years back at my black step-dad's family reunion, and i'm sure it was because i was the only white kid there.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I'm fairly certain that Jesus was black.

So, yeah, that's kind of a blow to white pride. I mean, the Son of *** was black, which means *** must be black. Which means he'll be torching alla yo cracka as*ses fo evah.

Middle-easterns are black.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

You ever consider that if Jesus tried to fly from Phoenix to Cleveland, he'd probably be asked to remove his shoes and have to unpack his carry-on?

Yeah, then he yells "BUT I'M THE SON OF ***, *******IT" and creates a big fuss, having to be ushered out of the building.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Chances are, the security guard who told him to calm down was an overweight black woman.

I don't think he'd take that. I mean, he's Jesus, for Christ's sakes.

Oh, he'd take it. BECUASE he's Jesus.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Sh'it, He could take the sins of the world, He could take anythang!

Posted by Linko_16

If it was an overseas flight, he'd just say, "@#$% this, I'll walk across the @#$%ing ocean.

Posted by Omni

I'm white, or mostly Italian-American with some Irish and English to be exact, and this guy I used to work with got fired because he called me a "Mafia bastard" in front of one of our managers. I thought it was funny, but she just fired him right then. I actually have Mafia relatives, but I've never met any of them. I'm not sure I want to, but maybe when I need a favor...LOL...

Keep it in the Family.

Posted by Porcupine

I'm British and this fellow called Diten calls me snowman all the time.

Posted by Linko_16

A rather relevent strip from the comic "You Da[color=indigo]mn Kid" regarding how our society would accept Jesus nowadays.

http://www.you****kid.com/comics/ydk19990415.gif

You'll have to enter "damn" into the URL.
[/color]

Posted by Raptor

It's safe to say I've had many experiences with racism throughout my life. In second and third grade, attending a small school in a neighbourhood less populated by caucasians than most other places on Kauai, I was the only white kid in my class. I definitely felt quite a bit of racial tension there, and on a lesser scale as we moved around and I attended schools with a slightly concentration of whites. It was never a severe problem, but enough to make me quite uncomfortable at times. I still feel that tension in certain parts of this island. Though people very rarely make a racist remark around me, sometimes I just sense an unwelcoming aura from those with ethnic backgrounds in particular places.

See, I never know whether that feeling is actually there, or my own internal racism making me believe it's there.

Posted by ExoXile

Swedish.
Nothing else really needs to be said.

Although, since Sweden's so neautral and kind, we get lots of muslims and they aren't all that nice, at all. :(

Calls us "Swede" "**** Swedes" "Blondes".

It's horrible. :(

You are a Swede, and you are blond. And it'll be in the vocal minority that are really that racist about it.

Posted by ExoXile

They also hit people, cause they're white! :(

Posted by junior senior

I'm whole Italian, everybody thinks I'm Irish and Jewish because I have freckles. :(

anyway, this entire thread makes me think of wonder showzen's segment to white people.

watch on your own risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJMdbcLpmpg
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFZf6OHoNuA