Nintendo Ds Browser

Posted by XxLionheartXx

I heard u can surf the internet with this, can somone give me info about it, like where i can get it, how much it costs, and whats up with it plz?

Posted by Roth

Here's one place you can get it, though I'm sure you can get it cheaper... it's Japan only (at least this is... so far):

Lite version:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=279&products_id=9325&

Regular DS version:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=279&products_id=9326&

Hope this helps... though probably not. The ability to read helps.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It's available in Britain already. I haven't tried it out, but I heard it's not bad.

You do, of course, need to have access to a wireless access point.

Posted by Shade

Which I do! Any news of an NA release?

Posted by GameMiestro

So if I have this, could I play internet only games (like Runescape) on my DS, download stuff, and post on random internet forums without getting in trouble because my DS doesn't have an IP address?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting GameMiestro: So if I have this, could I play internet only games (like Runescape) on my DS, download stuff, and post on random internet forums without getting in trouble because my DS doesn't have an IP address?

Probably not, for the very simple fact that the browser for DS doesn't support flash sites.

Plus where are you going to "download stuff" to? DS doesn't have a hard drive ya know.

Also, you would have an IP address, because any device using the internet uses your modem's assigned IP.

Posted by Shade

So is that a no for posting on websites?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Shade: So is that a no for posting on websites?

Well... I wouldn't count that out just yet. I have heard instances where some sites have DS and PSP compatible skins for VB. VGC would need one for people to post on it using their handhelds.

I was absolutely sure that the DS browser supported Flash. Perhaps I'm getting confused with the Wii one.

And yes posting on messageboards is totally possible with both the PSP and DS browsers without modification (either of the board or the system).

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: I was absolutely sure that the DS browser supported Flash. Perhaps I'm getting confused with the Wii one.

Hmm, perhaps.

Read this:

http://www.stuffmag.co.uk/hotstuffarticle.asp?de_id=2444

Meh, nothing of substance in that article.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: Meh, nothing of substance in that article.

What? No substance? It was confirming what I said about not supporting flash.

Quoted post: The bad news is, aside from English, there's been no update to the feature set so it still won't support Flash sites.

I must have skipped over that. :cookie:

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Wings: I must have skipped over that. :cookie:

*shrugs*

Anyhow, I don't see why they didn't include flash. I mean these days it's a vital part of the world wide web.

Cart space. I mean, the PSP struggles with the most basic Flash - that could be solved by using the Memory Stick as temporary memory, but then again, that's what the GBA cart on the DS browser is for.

So I'm at a loss, really.

Posted by Air pegasus

I saw it on amazon.com.Its a place where you can order stuff like video games, books ,dvds and other stuff.the cost was like $45(not kidding).

I read the reviews and most was HORRIBLY.Do not by the browser becuz by the time your page is finished loading.Your computer or laptop could have loaded 10 by then.If your bying it just to check e-mails then thats fine but other than that the item is useless.

Its like having an old computer with dial-up.I rather suggest you save that money to buy yourself something else

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Original Post]
10-06-2006, 10:15 AM

And:
[quote=Your Post]
08-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Notice anything?

Posted by O.T.L

I tried buying a browser for my ds a few months back, those *****es are sold out but **** it I use an iPod to get online.

Only way to find one is gettin one online or taking a nintendo employee hostage and threatening to shoot her in the face if they don't bring you a nintendo ds browser. Or a flea market.

Posted by junior senior

or kmart.

Posted by techiekid

I got it in best buy last year and though it doesnt do flash it is really useful however contact me specically through private messages to know more.

Posted by techiekid

oh yeah i forgot it was the same price as a ds game pretty much.