NCAA brackets are here, losers go home

Posted by Darkbackward

[URL=http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3461098]March Tells No Lies[/URL]

Well there it is, what do you think? The reason why UNC got the worst team was because of some regional crap. I don't exactly know the details, but it certainly isn't because they earned it.

Illinois was the clear number 1, no disputes, there hasn't been a single team more impressive than Illinois. North Carolina had great wins, but you can't take a crap in your conference tournament, lose 3 games on the road (which could be very telling) and still expect to dethrone Illinois. This is not taking anything away from UNC, but I do feel they are overrated, they had kentucky at home as well Iowa, no real impressive stuff after that besides conference wins (and they couldn't take it to wake forest or Duke on the road).

Washington snuck in as the number 1. Disagree? They are unbeatable at home, they also whupped in the conference tournament. Wake Forest didn't beat Illinois or Duke on the road, plus they laid some more crap down in the tournament, and that is clearly unacceptable.

But how about Duke, They earned it. They fought with the big boys, got revenge wins, and took home the conference tournament. This is a team that is NOT overrated, and they are coached by one of the best in the business. Unfortunately they are playing against the orange, so they must be hexed. But gratz Duke, you realy know what your doing.

I think the committee left out Davidson, a team which massacred their conference, I think Davidson should've got one chance. They took it to missouri at missouri and they fought Duke. Noone liked them, but I did, good luck in the NITs boys.

Next up, syracuse. Of course they were disrespected as they were put into the 4 seed after winning their conference tournament (somehow, uconn got a 2, even after being handed a stick in the arse in the tournament) and now they play vermont. This is difficult for me because i love vermont and I love their coach, unfortunately, as with duke, they must be hexed.

So, what is your take on the seeds and teams in/out and how are your teams going to do in March madness?

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Boy, how about that Chicago Bracket?? Illinios at Number 1 and Oklahoma State coming right behind at number 2? Dont forget Boston College or Arizona either. I think this is probably the deepest bracket out of the four with the Syracuse bracket right behind. Heres how I see each bracket:

[SIZE=4]Chicago Bracket[/SIZE]
1. Illinois- Without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, team in the country. I see them making it easily to the Elite Eight, I'll talk about that more later, but where I see the possibility of Illinois struggling is against the winner of the Texas/Nevada game. Texas has good guys like Klotz, etc that could effect the Illinois team.

2. Oklahoma State- Will have a very tough challenge if they face Arizona. Arizona is a very talented team and I'll be anxious to see how my Cowboys do against them. The ultimate match-up that I want to see is the OSU-Illinois game. CBS analysts are predicting that Oklahoma State has the best chance out of any of the teams to beat Illinois. What do I think? I'm not sure, I dont think they can but I'll still be rooting for them.

4. Boston College- Had a terrible run towards the end of the year but I expect them to recover, I think they could give Illinois a push but I dont think they'll beat them. Boston College should have a good game against 5th seeded Alabama as well.

8. Texas- Like I stated before I think they could give Illinois a big struggle, it'll be interesting to see how things work out.

[SIZE=4]Albuquerque Bracket[/SIZE]
1. Washington- Definitely deserved the number 1 seed in my opinion. They've beaten Arizona 2 (I think, correct me if Im wrong) times. I think they could make a run to the Final Four but I dont think they will, in fact, I think they'll be the first number 1 seed to lost if Illinois cruises. Washington will have tough opponents in their top half, such as Georgia Tech, Louisville, Pacific, and Pittsburgh. They could either lose to either of those teams. Who do I think has the best chance? Georgia Tech. Jarred Jack looks healthy even though he hurt his ankle today, I think he'll be ready to go.

2. Wake Forest- I think this team has great potential but I dont think this team will get to the Final Four either. I'll explain below.

3. Gonzaga- This team right here is my pick to make it to the Final Four. I think this team is very balanced with Morrison and Turiaf. I think they could pass by Wake Forest and Washington/Georgia Tech. If Gonzaga play Georgia Tech plays Gonzaga again I think that Gonzaga will come out with a win again. Gonzaga, this years cinderella team.

4. Louisville- Good team, dont think they'll get far, I expect an early loss to Georgia Tech.

[SIZE=4]Syracuse Bracket[/SIZE]
Probably the 2nd toughest bracket, I love this bracket from the 1st to 16th seed.

1. North Carolina- In my opinion the best team in the land. As of lately? Probably not. I expect them to recover though. North Carolina's first challenge will come against either Florida or Villinova in the Sweet 16.

2. Connecticut- Overrated. I think they'll lose to Kansas.

3. Kansas- I choose them to beat Connecticut, Simien could provide to be a struggle to the Huskies. I would love to see Kansas play North Carolina and move to the Final Four.

5. Villinova- A really good team. I think they could beat North Carolina but first they have to beat Florida.

Austin Bracket
1. Duke- I think they have a really good chance to make it to the Final Four. May lose to Syracuse if their able to stay hot.

2. Kentucky- Struggling now, and I expect this team to lose to Oklahoma.

3. Oklahoma- This team will get back into gear and I expect this team to play Duke, but lose like they did earlier this year.

4. Syracuse- Has THE best chance of beating Duke, can they do it? Im not sure, Warrick and McNamara will have to have a good night.

[SIZE=4][U]My Final Four Teams[/size][/u]
1. Illinois/Oklahoma St. - Still undecided here.
2. Gonzaga
3. North Carolina/Kansas
4. Duke/Oklahoma

So basically the only team I have locked up in the Final Four right now is Gonzaga, expect my opinion to chage greatly as this tournament gets underway.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Darkbackward

Wow, I love the Gonzaga love, but it will be really tough. I also think they will be a final four team.

My final four: Illinois, Gonzaga, Syracuse, North Carolina.

Although I'm really getting hopeful for Syracuse, vermont, michigan st., Duke. SOOOO tough.

Posted by Mixhael

Woooah. UCLA vs. Texas?? How did this happen. Wait, how did UCLA get ranked #11? Either way that game is gonna be great.

Posted by Darkbackward

Man, some teams got really lucky in who they were playing. Some teams had it tough. My Orange Will have a disgustingly hard time in austin, I think that has alot less star power, but I think there is more there. Syracuse, Duke, Michigan st.. Maligned teams who have stuck it through.

But vermont..... coppenrath.... SO TOUGH.

Posted by Cloudstud

Ouch dark i mean no disrespect but i really hate it when im right. You have the big east teams just dropping like flies and good ole overrated gonzaga does it again. Ive been saying it all year and it has proven itself in the tourney now.

First of all gonzaga. Please if you have faith in gonzaga you need to take another look at strenght in schedule. Gonzaga comes into the tourney without very many big games. The big games they do have they lose aka illinois. Not really much i can say about them but on a larger note is my next topic.

Big east vs. ACC, sorry dark but im right and you are wrong. All year long. You cant even argue this because of your if you lose your worse theory. The big east just dropped like flies in this tourney. Its obvious that the whole league were a little overrated themselves. The on the bubble team NC state, (not one of the acc's best teams) takes down UCONN (one of the big easts best teams). What a great game but the ACC prevails.

You also have Pitt, another one of the big east bigger teams, losing to pacific in the first round who have lost to washington in the next round. Pacific never really showed anything against washington.

And the last upset which was one of the biggest is Syracuse losing to Vermont. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! How does this happen to syracuse. So your telling me dark with your theory that the better team always wins, that Vermont is better than syracuse. I refuse to believe it its an upset and the worse team won. IT happens and it proves that the best team does NOT always win. The only team remaining in the Big East is Villinova and it sucks to be playing UNC in the sweet 16.

As for the ACC you still have UNC which is a strong contender for the championship. But dont forget about duke they are there and they are a very dangerous team led by coach k and that refuse to lose mentality. You also have NC State still there, and beating big teams like UCONN you can never count them out. On another not in the acc somone please please tell me this...... How do you have a team like maryland who beat Duke twice (a number one seed) not get into the tourney and have somone like Oakland as a number 16. Thats just rediculous. The acc is so good that the committee feels bad for putting so many teams in the tourney from the acc that they left maryland out. Kinda outrageous.

But its just like you said Dark march always tells it how it is and its obvious that the ACC rules over the Big East this year. No arguments. The ACC is the most dominant league in the nation. Maryland makes the tourney if they are in ANY other league in the nation the acc is just too tough. Whether the acc brings a title home this year or not its still solid that ACC dominates the Big East. Ill be on again when this whole thing is over!

And if you ask me Dark it sounds like Syracuse and the Big East are Hexed!

Posted by El Capitan

**** this march madness stinks(for me). Texas lost, Wake lost, Kansas lost, and syracusue lost!!! My bracket is basically screwed right now because I had Kansas and Syracuse in my great eight, while Wake in my final four. I was really hurting picking between Texas and Nevada but it doesn't hurt me that much anymore. I lay my fate in the hands of UNC and Illionois in the championship and UNC crushing the Alumni.

Posted by Axis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Heres my look at the Sweet 16 games.
Chicago Bracket
[IMG]http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/270.gif[/IMG]
12th Seeded University-Wisconsin Milwaukee (26-5)
AT
[IMG]http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/356.gif[/IMG]
1st Seeded Illinois (34-1)
[size=2Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 7:25 PM ET
Allstate Arena - Rosemont , IL[/size]

This will be a very fun game to watch tomorrow as possible Cinderella team UW-Milwaukee will take on the Fighting Illini of Illinois. Many people say this will be a home game for the Illini, I say otherwise. Just about 80 miles North is the campus of UW-Milwaukee, so this isnt necessarily a home game for the Illini, but one for the Panthers. But it all depends when it comes to the turnout of fans Saturday night. If the Illini have more fans, then they'll win the game. If UW-Milwaukee has more fans then...well they may have a chance. The Illini have struggled in the first halves in there opening games this season. However, the Panthers have jumped way out on top in the opening halves this season. The Panthers in order to win this game will need to get out and get ahead really quickly and play better ball in the second half, blowing a huge lead over the Crimson Tide and having it crumble in the second half only to win by 10. For the Illini to win, they need to have full court pressure in the first half and prevent the Panthers from going in early. Will they do it? I dunno, but with the turnout so far of other teams the Illini may fall victim. My pick? Illinois.

[IMG]http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/12.gif[/IMG]
3rd seeded Arizona (29-6)
AT
[IMG]http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/197.gif[/IMG]
2nd Seeded Oklahoma State (26-6)

Joey Graham has been playing very poorly in the first 2 games for Oklahoma State. Just getting 8 points for there first match-up and 7 points for there second. Joey Graham also only has 5 rebounds so far. For Oklahoma State to win against Arizona Graham will have to come out and play suberb, just like he did in the Big 12 tournament. Other players will have to play really good too like Ivan McFarlin (who scored 31 against So. Illinois) and James OnCurry. A match up I would really like to see is between Stoudamire and Bobik. Bobik is one of the best defensive guards there is and he can shut down just about anyone he is against, hes already done this year against Warrick, and Miles. So my prediction is that Oklahoma State will come out on top.

I'll post more later.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Cloudstud

Dark where are you, you have been very very quiet????