Alice in Chains query.

Posted by S

Currently, I'm interested in two things and if anyone has any information I would be extremely obliged.

First off, I'm trying to find if a recorded version of Tool's song Opiate, with Layne Staley of Alice in Chains singing along side Maynard James Keenan, actually exists.

And second, I'm trying to find a recorded version, audio or video, of the benefit concert in 2005 for the December 2004 Tsunami victims where many artists played with the remaining members Alice in Chains. Heart, Maynard, and others. If you have any information on where to find it, that would help as well.

Any information would help me greatly and thanks in advance. PM me if I don't respond, I check the boards dailey.

Posted by Vg200x

I don't no anything abouts thos,but what's sad is that I just found out the lead singer died a while ago on monday,, I love rooster.

Posted by Raptor

To answer your first inquiry, yes, it's out there. I'll upload it here if Soulseek ever downloads it to my computer.

Posted by Porcupine

Well you don't know that. I've come across far too many inaccurate labels in the land of P2Ps.

Posted by Raptor

Got it. Layne is definitely singing in this version, though it's an amateur recording and there are people talking in the background at various points. I can upload it if you're still interested.

Posted by S

I would be. Thanks for taking the time.