Heroes

Posted by Fate

This is a show about how people with super powers are all destined to save humankind. The antagonist is a man who tries to find these people to harness their DNA for his own intentions.

[url=http://comicbooks.about.com/od/comicmovies/fr/hereosreview.htm]Here[/url]'s a review on Heroes, which would better sum up how I feel about it.

The premiere attracted 14.3 million viewers, the highest NBC has had in over five years. There's an online comic that shows on NBC's website that offers more information on the characters in between the series, too.

Posted by Dexter

It was decent. I enjoyed some of the surprises and I am generally interested in where the series will go from here. Though, I wouldn't say I am completely dedicated to watching every episode.

Posted by Fate

I am! There are nerdy and comic book references everywhere! There was a website called [url]www.lasvegasniki.com[/url] during the show which goes to a website supposed to be in-show. The online comic is good geek fodder, too. <333

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The second episode sucked until the very end. But that's what I expected, since it was the second hour of the premier. Either way, this show is awesome, even if it isn't that great yet. You just know there's tons of great stuff in store. Plus, Hiro is supa kawaii ^________^

Posted by Malevolence

I like this show so far. I thought the second episode was better than the first. And I think Hiro Nakamura is my favorite character so far haha.

The night I saw this, my friend kept pointing out similarities between its power idea's, and the manga JoJo's bizarre adventure. He then the next day found out that Hiro's (The guy that plays him, Miso something) favorite Manga is JoJo's bizarre adventure, and in the show Hiro has a similar ability to Dio brando, who can stop time... And yell. "YATAAAAAA" will be the next "WRYYYYYY" IMO. ;)

Quoted post: The night I saw this, my friend kept pointing out similarities between its power idea's, and the manga JoJo's bizarre adventure. He then the next day found out that Hiro's (The guy that plays him, Miso something) favorite Manga is JoJo's bizarre adventure, and in the show Hiro has a similar ability to Dio brando, who can stop time... And yell. "YATAAAAAA" will be the next "WRYYYYYY" IMO.

If by similarities you mean staples within the comic book universe, yeah. Dio is one of the thousands of characters that can stop time, and that's all he can do. Hiro controls the space/time continuum. Which is pretty **** different.

Posted by Fate

There's this online fake blog with Hiro connected to NBC. He's so cute when he yelled "YATA!" I was so smitten. :o

Posted by El Capitan

One of my favorie shows now, its probally in my top 5.

k, Monday's episode was what I was hoping for. Awesome stuff.

Posted by Dexter

It was really good. The more I'm exposed to it, the more I start to enjoy it. I can tell that they do have exciting upcoming events. I'm not really into any particular character though. There's usually at least one character that grabs my attention the most.

Posted by Fate

Each character gets a good amount of screentime, so I guess it's just about picking your favorite. Hiro and the Congress guy are the best. The cheerleader girl is a character I'm starting to like more just because the writers portray her as more humble than a stereotype.

Hiro and Claire are my favourites and stick out the most. They've also gotten the most screen time out of anyone else. So I guess that helps.

Posted by Fate

Don't forget to keep up with the [url=http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/]online comic[/url] after each episode!

And for Hiro fans, read his [url=http://blog.nbc.com/hiro_blog/]"blog"[/url]. Playing along is fun.
:)

Posted by Fate

AAAAAAAAAA

I think I love Hiro. He's sooooo cool.
<333

He's a badass ninja in the future. How cool.

Posted by Fate

And he speaks English in the future, too. A ninja that speaks English? YES.

But he's too serious and has clearly lost his charm :( But I guess the fact that he's a ninja makes up for it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]With his powers, i knew it was only a matter of time before he turned into a cool time-traveling, sword wielding ninja.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Did anyone see the last episode? And the previews to the next one? I felt so sorry for Ando when he met Niki and she let him down easily. :( I'm so glad everyone is finally starting to come together.

The previews say D.L. can travel through walls!

Posted by Burn

i still havent seen this but have been told by multiple people that i should.

Posted by Fate

Of course you should. The first episode can only be found through uploads, now, because apparently it's some kind of secret. I had to find mine through torrents so I could show it to my boyfriend. We TiVo'd the other episodes.

Quoted post: Did anyone see the last episode? And the previews to the next one? I felt so sorry for Ando when he met Niki and she let him down easily. I'm so glad everyone is finally starting to come together.

The previews say D.L. can travel through walls!

Yeah, everything's getting fleshed out a lot more. It's neat seeing how everyones' lives are connected and how they come together. Though, I figured DL could just turn invisible or something.

Posted by Fate

Do you read the comics after each show?

Ah, no. I forgot those even existed.

Posted by Fate

They offer neat insight on what happens before the next show. Hiro's blog hasn't been updated yet. :mad:

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Im hooked to the show now. Anyways, you should also watch LOST Fate, it's like way better. :D[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

I'm so tired of hearing about Lost! I'm sure it's a great show, but it's so far into the series that I just can't bring myself to get into it. I like the surprise of stuff being new and the anticipation of waiting week after week for a new episode. This is like, the first show I've been into since the beginning. :(

Posted by Delilah

Heroes is a great show. My favorite is Hiro- he awesome, very funny, too. BTW, what is the "Merry Marvel Marching Society"???? I don't like Mohinder, very much. He needs to make up his mind, because, on moment, he will be all like "Yeah, let's find the other mutants(or whatever they are called)!!" and the other, he is totally "Shut up, man, you don't know you're talking about, it's not real." That, and, I think he looks like Orlando Bloom, but with darker skin. Yuck. All Orlando Bloom movies ("Pirates" excepted, of course!) need to be burned and forgotten.

Posted by El Capitan

Im starting to believe that Peter is a copy cat super hero.

Posted by Fate

His power is to mimic other powers. It stays with him for a little while, so if he were to be in the vicinity of everyone, he'd destroy everything with his awesomeness. That's only if he can possess more than one at a time, though.

Yeah, for a second that confused the hell out of me until I remembered his power wasn't actually flying. They talked about it for so long I completely forgot.

Posted by Fate

OMG

Claire is ready to tell her dad what he already knows. I wonder who he really is and what his intentions are. Hiro's story is getting cute.
<3

More like tragic, amirite? Anywho, today's episode was pretty cool. We finally learn about Sylar's beginnings and everyone else's. Cool ****.

Posted by Fate

I didn't expect it to go that route for Hiro. Then Suresh got all philosophical and said that maybe our fate is written in our DNA, which means that no matter what, it goes all The-Time-Machine when Hiro tries to save Charlie's life.

Sylar has issues waaaaaay beyond just having powers.
:(

So, does he eat people's brains to gain their powers, or is absorbing the power part of his basic abilities?

But yeah, I'm kinda sad they killed of Charlie so quickly. I thought she was easily one of the better characters right off the bat.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]So, does he eat people's brains to gain their powers, or is absorbing the power part of his basic abilities?

But yeah, I'm kinda sad they killed of Charlie so quickly. I thought she was easily one of the better characters right off the bat.
I've guessed the same thing with the whole brain eating and gaining powers. That or he takes the brains and studies them, which is unlikely unless Sylar is like, Mohinder's father or something.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that Charlie would have developed/will develop psychic abilities due to her enormous increase in brain activity?

While it must have something do with being able to tell what's broken and how to fix it. If only because of what he said before he removed that guys brain. Assuming it's not him just eating the brains of course.

Though, how him figuring out the person is broken and him gaining their abilities link up, I'm not sure.

Posted by Fate

I don't think he eats them. He's a crazy fix guy who can find wrong in anything and fix it. He'd be a great brain surgeon even if he never studied medical stuff. Whatever the case, I'm sure we'll find out soon. Eating sounds too barbaric, even if he is nuts.

Charlie, in terms of storyline, is meant to further Hiro's progress. If she were to survive, it'd be much tougher for Hiro to carry out his current mission/future missions. If the show were to end with Hiro and Charlie together, it would work out better for character progression. If he does go all The-Time-Machine, he'll be driven by the fact that she died.

Eh, they could have kept her and used someone else in her place.

Also, this sounds about right for Sylar:

"Sylar's "power" is an intricate understanding of how something works, and the ability to apply it to himself. Chandra made it clear to Sylar that the brain is responsible for someone's power, so Sylar cuts out the brain from a person to examine it with his power and see how that brain is aligned to give that person that power... then applies it to himself, presumably as an ability."

Posted by Shade

That's pretty badass. I'm gonna go see if my parents DVR'd any episodes of this show.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]So, like, did Peter turn Super Saiyan at the end there?

jk[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

The new female hero with the Wi-Fi power is the coolest ever. Best super ability so far.

Posted by Stalolin

When does season 2 start? i need more of this show

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'd watch this show, but I think it's on during CSI or Criminal Minds, and they take precedence.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Dexter: The new female hero with the Wi-Fi power is the coolest ever. Best super ability so far.

[COLOR="Yellow"]What exactly was her power? I missed the sneak peak.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Stalolin: When does season 2 start? i need more of this show

Where are you?! It's on right now! Hurry!

Quoted post: I'd watch this show, but I think it's on during CSI or Criminal Minds, and they take precedence.

Foolish choice. I'd understand if you chose 24, but sucky CSI? Shame on you.

Quoted post: What exactly was her power? I missed the sneak peak.

She was chatting with people in her mind, but online, you know? She gets Wi-Fi in her brain. Lucky.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Dexter: She was chatting with people in her mind, but online, you know? She gets Wi-Fi in her brain. Lucky.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Coolio.

I agree about the CSI thing, if you've seen one episode you've seen them all, pretty much. I prefer heavy-plot and multiple-character oriented shows.[/COLOR]

Aside from Horatio, CSI and Miami are entertaining. This type of show generally holds my interest. I can't really talk trash about Heroes until I've sat down and watched it, so I'll leave it at that.

House wins all, though.

Posted by Dexter

House is good stuff. Witty dialogue and fun characters. But Scrubs beats all!

I highly doubt that. I'll have to watch this 'Scrubs' you speak of. What channel is it on?

Posted by Dexter

NBC on Thursday nights. I think it's on right after The Office. idk if you'll like it. I enjoy the bright goofiness and Zach Braff. Last week they had a musical episode and it was great. Could never forget the Clay Aiken episode, either. I can't think of much you'll like about it though.

I can't believe you've never seen Scrubs before. Who are you? :(

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]You can also see Scrubs everyday on Comedy Central. Good stuff.[/COLOR]

Scrubs is definitely good. But it's apples and oranges with House.

Also, isn't CSI on Thursdays not Mondays?

CSI: Miami is on Mondays at 9. CSI (Las Vegas) is on Thursdays. New york is on Wednesdays, but who cares about that.

I have farmer vision only, and since it can't be CTV, it's either Global or Citytv I guess. Too many other good shows Thursday night, so maybe I'll attempt to download the first episode.

Only shows worth watching on TV in other of worth: Mythbusters, Heros, Smallville. That's all. CSI used to factor in, but it doesn't anymore. Reruns still own though.

Posted by Fate

I like watching tacky VH1 specials, Forensic Files, and Heroes. TV isn't a big part of my routine.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]As far as dramas go:

The Sopranos > Lost > Dexter > Heroes > 24 > Six Feet Under > All else.[/COLOR]

All I watch is House, CSI: Miami, Cold Case, The OC, and sometimes Criminal Minds. Once in awhile I'll also watch ER and Desperate Housewives (as lame as it is). House owns all, though.

****, I completely forgot about house. Those four shows are the only reason to turn on the TV.

How could you forget the greatness that is House. He's practically a ***!

I made the post at 10 AM when I had been up all night. That's my excuse :(

Posted by Fate

Okay, guys, the last episode is less than a week away. HO LY SHHHHHHHH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! I'm freaked out about how stuff goes down. :(

What I'm wondering is how will season two work? I doubt New York will blow up which means Sylar will most likely die... so then what?

Posted by Fate

Sylar lives!!!

I'm looking forward to where the show is going. Hopefully they don't lose the sense of direction on the show.

So, they introduced the new villain last night I'm guessing. So I wonder how they'll handle Sylar. But whatever, pretty ****ing good finale and quite the cliff hanger. The whole ancient Japan stuff was pretty unexpected. Also, aliens. Calling it now.

Posted by Fate

Yeah, the new villian was the "he can see me" guy. That's all that was said.

Ten bux says Sylar starts off bad in the next season but becomes "good." Unless they go with a group of villains to take on the group of heroes which might be interesting...

Posted by ElroyJetson

I'm interested to see what happens with that core group. It's obvious mr. bennet (noah now) has no powers, but I'm thinking he could be some kind of unifying force almost x-men like. Or maybe I'm just a doofus. The finale did go exactly how I wanted, but I'm highly anticipating the next season. The Hiro in japan stuff was great.

Posted by Fate

Kind of like when Professor X lost his powers yet was still a driving force of the X-Men.

I was listening to the commentary of the final episode and I was glad to hear one of the guys say that for all intents and purposes, the Jessica/Niki story was closed. Also, Nathan dying is a huge no-no. I hope he comes back. Peter could survive the explosion but he couldn't, so it'd be cool if he just shot away from Peter after leaving him in the sky to explode.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Yeah the consensus on other boards seems to be that he is somehow still alive, along with Parkman.

Too bad Niki wasn't shot instead of Parkman.

Posted by ElroyJetson

Yeah i could stand to see that character end.

Posted by Fate

Hey, guys, the first season comes out on DVD tomorrow. :)

Posted by Fate

Heroes starts again on Monday. :D

Best week ever.

Posted by Shade

Another guy that can fly? At least give him an original power or something. =/

Other than that it was pretty tight.

Posted by Fate

Kind of dumb if everyone has a different power. Maybe it's not just flying, but some kind of psychic power or something. Claire's new love interest... :)

Also, awesome, etc.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My theory is that The Company has gained the know-how to give people powers, probably as a result of their work with Peter. Claire's boyfriend is probably a spy.

Good first episode, but it's pretty easy to tell what's going to happen in all the current story arcs, except maybe SCARY NIGHTMARE GUY. Hopefully the writers wont lose focus post-bomb like Lost did.

Posted by Fate

Great job on planting a spy seed for me. I didn't suspect Claire's boyfriend thing but now...! :mad:

Sylar is still about and I bet he will be chasing the "Boogeyman" guy.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hiro is probably gonna turn out to be Takezo Kensei, too.

Posted by Shade

That would be so badass.

Also, I'm wondering what the power of the guy who killed Hiro's dad is. They both fell off... but only one body is seen. HMMMM

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

More interested in Sulu and Peter's mom's powers.

Quoted post: Hiro is probably gonna turn out to be Takezo Kensei, too.

Yeah, that's what I expected too. What makes more sense, him being Kensei, or him getting the white dude to be a great legend? Yeah...

Posted by Fate

If George Takei dies the world is over.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I was disappointed that there wasn't a climatic fight. Sulu was all like 'Ando, go get me a sword' and I was all like '**** YEAH SWORD DUEL ON THE ROOFTOPS THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME'.

He just fell off a building.

As a premier... it wasn't that hot. Though what happened in, like, the first ten minutes? I missed it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mohinder was giving a speech about a virus that's attacking people with powers - pan to the audience, and there's like two people in the whole auditorium. Got to see Matt Parkman doing his NYPD detective exam, and Hiro saving fake Kensei from being killed. Plus the two Mexicans running from the police.

Quoted post: and Hiro saving fake Kensei from being killed.

Ah, okay, that's the part I joined it at. Didn't miss much then.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, that's what I expected too. What makes more sense, him being Kensei, or him getting the white dude to be a great legend? Yeah...

There's no way that he's Kensei. Kensei is ****in' white.

Also, ten bucks says that Kensei has a power, and that he can't die or somethin like that

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Seraph;755447]There's no way that he's Kensei. Kensei is ****in' white.
No, idort. It's pretty obvious that Hiro is going to accomplish all of Kensei's feats himself, thus creating the legend that he read about as a kid. Not Hiro being the gaijinu~ .

Haha, oh wow. Whoosh and all of that. If it doesn't happen like we're predicting I will be utterly shocked and disgusted.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The X: No, idort. It's pretty obvious that Hiro is going to accomplish all of Kensei's feats himself, thus creating the legend that he read about as a kid. Not Hiro being the gaijinu~ .

Except he can't. The town Kensei was supposed to save has already burned to the ground.

... you do know he traveled back in time to get where he is, right?

Posted by Shade

Gotcha.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Seraph: Except he can't. The town Kensei was supposed to save has already burned to the ground.

He saves the people, not the town. :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yesterday's Heroes was pretty sweet, though the toe dismemberment section was pretty freaky.

Surprisingly, I found it a bit more gruesome than most horror movies that show a lot worse. Huh. But yeah, definitely an awesome episode.

Posted by Shade

Parkman's dad is the nightmare man? OH DANG

New black girl is pretty awwight. Though she reminds me of that one girl that got her head sliced open. Pretty much the same power, more or less.

So this was the first episode I've ever watched. It was alright, enough that I'll probably download some of the first few episodes so I know wtf is going on.

Posted by Shade

Mexican couple are either going to get owned or own. It's that kind of situation.

Also, Sylar's awesome as always.

Yeah, more so this episode than in awhile.

Posted by Shade

I really want to know what Mrs. Petrelli's power is. And Kaito's too, for that matter.

ALL IN DUE TIME I SUPPOSE

Posted by nich

The Claire situation is bordering on cheezy. I hope West and her dad meet soon, I don't watch heroes for teen drama. There's Degrassi for that.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

I love this show, let me say this first. But come on, people? That little boyfriend of Claire's- he has GOT to die. I can't stand the little emo. I can't stand her, either- but I wonder, did the casting department purposefully search for a kid that looked like Clark Kent?

Posted by Shade

He's not emo at all. You're stupid.

I like him AND the storyline =/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Signed. Mr Bennett meeting one of his past lab-rats is a pretty good filler storyline until everything else has moved forward.

Posted by Shade

I really hope they're able to prevent Bennett's death as predicted by the painting. =/

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hopefully. The explosion painting never happened, so I guess they can be averted.

Posted by Shade

And the Sylar as the president only happened in an alternate reality sort of setting, so yeah. I have hope.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

I was kinda confused at the ending, did Nightmare man trap the girl in her own head or?

Posted by Shade

She's comatose.

Posted by Fate

The image of either of those two being together after what looks like Bennett's death is kind of scary. I predict an eyepatch on Season 3.

Posted by Shade

Holy ****. Parkman's dad is such a badass.

Disagreed. Though he certainly does have a cool power.

Posted by Fate

I want more Maya and Alejandro. :mad:

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Fate;765563][COLOR=skyblue]I want more Maya and Alejandro.[/COLOR] :mad:
The hell? All they do is whine about getting to AMERICAAAAAA and every episode they inevitably use their freaky eye power. Lame.

Posted by Fate

Sylar is with them. Also we don't see the practical use of the power yet.

Posted by Sable Wind

Claire is my favourite character, though right now not so much since she's doing boy stuff and I hate that ****. Grr.

****ed with Peter for not being Peter anymore. Am liking everyone involved with the Molly situation. LOVE Kensei, he's adorable.

Kensei sucks. And new Peter storyline is ****ing awesome.

Posted by Cloudstud

Yes Kensai does suck, hes a putz... But Peters new story now looks like it will get better. Now that the girls brother is dead he knows he has put them all in danger. Maybe he will ditch the bit*h and get on with remembering....

I like her :(

Posted by Fate

I like her character but not her face. :mad:

Posted by nich

KENSEIIIIIIIIII

Pretty solid episode, Maya is starting to get interesting, surprisingly.

Posted by Fate

For a moment I thought Sylar would be good but he's starting to scare me again. Noah is superb.

For awhile there, I forgot how ****ty their special effects were lol

Posted by Fate

It's a television show! I was kind of ehh on the effects but I got over it when I started reading [url=http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/]Beaming Beeman[/url].

It's fine because now they focus less on effects and more on character development, but yeah, I just forgot how bad they really where. I mean, after watching Smallville for so long I expect good flying effects I guess.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;769734]watching Smallville for so long

._.

I'm glad the special effects are used sparingly. They sorta take me out of the show.

Quoted post: ._.

lol I know. But after six years I gotta see it through.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

That episode informed me on how badass Claires dad is

Posted by Fate

I'm really liking how the scale was upped from New York to the whole world.

Hiro and Princess.
=;.;=

ADAM MONROE WTF

Posted by Cloudstud

Wow that episode was the best yet this season! Did anyone call Adam? I didnt, but was starting to wonder who this mysterious character was. Thats great that it seems like Heroes is getting back on track, now we just need to kick those hollywood writers in the arses to get the show moving again.

Apperantly if the strike continues the show could end for the season as early as beginning of december. Link to story below....

http://tv.ign.com/articles/832/832730p1.html

yeah, that's already been covered.

Posted by Cloudstud

Ahhh my bad I didnt see the thread about the writers strike, either its buried or is in a different area... Sorry.

Posted by Shade

Yeah. ****ing writers are ruining my year.

Posted by Shade

Mohinder = Most hated character.

Bennett was so badass this episode, though.

Posted by Sable Wind

OMG :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I am seriously crying right now.

(that episode scared me...)

Posted by Shade

Me too. :crying:

There's still five more minutes. Maybe... just maybe... **** YEAH GREAT TIMING.

Next episode looks amazing.

Man, Tim Kring was all down on the season and he was like "yeah, this episode will justify the ****ty season" and it really did. Simply awesome. Let's of revelations, lots of surprises.

Posted by Shade

Bennett being alive made me squee with joy. Shame he's completely ****ed now.

I'm still wondering about what Kaito said, about him being surprised that it was Adam coming to kill him, something about him being "sent" by someone. I'm intrigued.

Posted by Cloudstud

Man, great episode! I was very impressed! I am happy that they finally decided to turn this season into something, sucks that it is going to fall short though....

I am actually excited for monday nights again!

Didnt like the exclusion of Peter, since hes probably my favorite all around character, but next week looks promising!

Still a great episode! Two thumbs up!

oh gawd. Sometimes I hate watching shows while new episodes are still being released. :(

Best episode of the season, so far.

Posted by Fate

I just saw the episode. I was really amazed with it. It's nice to see the season coming together.

Posted by Fate

Something felt a little rushed with the finale. **** you, Writer's Guild, and your cause for justice! :mad:

prolly cause it was rushed. though I expected it to be way worse. It was actually an all right ending.