SixAxis

Posted by brownoystercult

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159208.html?tag=lastword;link

That's the new official name of the PS3 controller. Dualshock is long gone obviously because they took away the feature of rumble.

I think the name isn't really bad at all, but man, it's totally original of Sony! :rolleyes:

At least the price is somewhat reasonable.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Personally, I think it's a really stupid name. It's not even clever or appealing. Even saying it sounds like a jumbled-up mess. I can't imagine asking for more than one. HEY, GOT ANY OF THOSE SIXAXISESSES?!

Posted by Fate

Neat! I like it.

You would :mad:

Posted by Fate

Because nobody else here would. :mad2:

Because it's a stupid name. I mean, hey, I'm going to buy a PS3, but "SixAxis" is just dumb.

Posted by Fate

Not the best name, definitely, but still better than Wii. We're even now, right? Everyone will still call it a controller, but Wii is still Wii.

You say that like it means anything to me. Wii is a ****ty name, and I'm just as much of a Sony fan as I am a Nintendo fan =/ They both suck, it's just that "Wii" intentionally sucks and is also pretty cute. SixAxis is just trying too hard to be edgy and cool. And it fails at it.

Posted by Fate

My point wasn't fanboyism, my point was that now Nintendo and Sony are even in the naming area. People say they like the name "Wii" and I call them liars. Now, I can tell you right now that I do not like the name "SixAxis", but I do like the fact that it's a neat palindrome. You can call me a liar just like Wii lovers. It's not the greatest name ever, but it works.

Quoted post: People say they like the name "Wii" and I call them liars.

Stopped reading there. Don't be dumb.

Posted by .batata

i'm with vampiro v.empire
i think the name realy sucks
and it's stupid too

Posted by Anti-Muffla

lol yea Wii is a funny name but its good. SixAxis is the name of the ps3 controller, deal with it. and who said "hand over those dualshocks" back in the day of the ps2. thats just dumb. just address the controller as the "controller" like "hand over those controllers." that works. hey, why not complain about having to say "pass over those Wii Knun Chucks and those Wii Remotes". now thats a mouthfull. I think SixAxis is a cool naem that fits the controller very well.

Posted by Moogs

Why not The Playstation 3 controller?

Posted by HfsJunky

SixAxis sounds fine to me. And I am still confuzzled over why they changed the name from "Revolution" to "Wii". Revolution was definetly a cooler sounding name...

Go back in time to when the name was announced. They told you then. or, take a trip over to Wikipedia.

Posted by Slade

Vamp is right about them trying to sound edgy and ending up pretty lame. In my opinion this is a little worse than trying to sound cute and failing. Oh well, I'll always call it the "PS3 controller" just like I used to call the PS2 ones "PS2 controllers." I remember about one year after I got my PS2 I looked down at the controller and was like, "Huh, it's got 'dualshock' written on it. Neat."

At least it doesn't sound like the name of a dinosaur or an ancient tribe of people. That'd be horrible.

Posted by Degeneration

It wouldn't matter if it was named the Black Stallion. Nobody calls a controller by its name.

What we need to be concerned with is why its new shoulder buttons suck so badly.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Degeneration: It wouldn't matter if it was named the Black Stallion. Nobody calls a controller by its name.

What we need to be concerned with is why its new shoulder buttons suck so badly.

Wiimote much?

SixAxis is quite a stupid name. One x makes a name cool, two X's and you're just trying too hard.

Posted by Degeneration

The real name is Wii Remote. "Hey, Joe, pass me the Wii Remote." Nah...

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Degeneration: The real name is Wii Remote. "Hey, Joe, pass me the Wii Remote." Nah...

Yeah, but it's referred to as the Wiimote. And if I say Wiimote, everyone is going to know what I'm talking about. The originally intended name was Wii Remote, but it's painstakingly obvious to notice the similar sounds in Wii and Re, so one must assume Nintendo had that in mind when they called it the "Wii Remote" so that people would come to the conclusion of calling it a Wiimote themselves.

Elementary my dear Watson.

Posted by Degeneration

The Wiimote needs a name to set it apart because it isn't the only one that works on the console. If I said that one of my controllers broke while I was playing a game on the Wii, someone would have to ask me what kind it was. In that circumstance, it could even be from another console.

Now, if I said that a controller broke while I was playing Resistance, people would automatically know that it was the Sixaxis. The PS3 is a different case because there's only one controller for it, so you can get away with calling it "the controller." I have a feeling that almost everyone will.

There may be a time in which Sony realizes that the PS3's controller is flawed, so they make an improved version. Only then will the name matter, and even then, knowing Sony, it still won't mean a lot because the changes will be so minor.

Quoted post: Wiimote much?

Matt Casamassina much?