I'm thinking about buying DDR

Posted by WackoHater2

I am trying to lose some weight, and I know a kid who got really good at DDR, and lost a lot of weight from playing with the dance mat all the time. Has anyone else, who was once obese lost any weight playing? Do you think this is a good idea?

Posted by NeXidala

Well, I'm not fat much less obese but I have the DDR mat. It's pretty cool. I don't think you'll instantly lose the weight but in time it'll help. Though you can't expect to drop pounds JUST by using the DDR mat. You gotta do other stuff, too.

Posted by WackoHater2

I know. I am joining a class to help me lose weight too.

Posted by Hammered On

It's a good workout, if that helps any. I rarely play it, though.. and I'm not obese. :p

I suggest being a cashier at a grocery store, if you're old enough.. My stomach has flattened out from working at one for two months. o.o

Posted by WackoHater2

A cashier doesn't move much though, do they?

Posted by Kit

Quoting Panic: A cashier doesn't move much though, do they?

You have to repetitively scan items. If you're working somewhere busy, it requires a lot of work.

Posted by WackoHater2

I really want a job. I am not allowed to have one. My mom told me I am not allowed to grow up yet.. so yeah. No job, no licence, very little life.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Hammered On: I suggest being a cashier at a grocery store, if you're old enough.. My stomach has flattened out from working at one for two months. o.o
You can't be serious... I can guarentee the cashiering didn't do it. Cashiers don't do ****. I've been one for two years and I gained weight in the process. Although it could build some strength, if you do a lot of lifting heavy bags.

As for DDR, I hear it's really addictive and a great form of exercise.

Posted by Hammered On

Had to be. I don't do much besides go to work and sleep.

Our store is BUSY as **** all of the time.. and we always have lazy sods who call off.. There's also a lot of lifting and stuff involved..

Were you in a grocery store, fog?

And that sucks, Panic, about the job thing.

And I feel like asking, what is the BEST version of DDR? I want to buy more besides Max 2.

Posted by Arczu

I hear the Extreme games are quite challenging.

There is a workout mode in the games and you can actually track an estimate of how many calories you could be burning everyday. If you want a better workout though, you have to start getting good at the game so you can do harder songs.

Posted by WackoHater2

That's what I wanna do, buy it and get better. The kid I was talking about earlier and do the Sandstorm song without looking. He memorized every step.

Posted by NES Queen

If your doing it simply for exercise, look into the eye toy game Kinetic. It's specifically tailored to be a workout "game" that keeps track of your progress and stuff. And that gives you your choice of full body workout, arms, legs, abs, stretching, yoga, meditation, tai chi.... as opposed to DDR where you just move your legs and look silly.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'll look into that NES Queen. Thanks. :D

Posted by .batata

i gauss that's everything cost moves it's a weight losser
all my family are fat exept me and my mom cuz we move a lot
and eat one meal per 23 hours ^^

Posted by WackoHater2

What do you do for the 24th hour?

Posted by Knight_Blazer

My girlfriend is just way to fast when it comes to DDR. We play it a lot and I've tried playing uder the same difficulty as her but I just can't keep up. Don't get wrong. I'm pretty good at DDR as well and can play most of the songs on either standard or heavy, but she makes me look like I'm moving in slow motion. I'm not gelous of her because most of the other games we play, I'm better at, but still think the game is really fun even though her scores are double and triple mine.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting NES Queen: If your doing it simply for exercise, look into the eye toy game Kinetic. It's specifically tailored to be a workout "game" that keeps track of your progress and stuff. And that gives you your choice of full body workout, arms, legs, abs, stretching, yoga, meditation, tai chi.... as opposed to DDR where you just move your legs and look silly.

Don't speak on what you have no idea about. Nobody plays a game designed after a workout. You play a game because it's a game, and the workout as a bonus.

ANYWAYS, to Panic, I consider myself the resident DDR fitness expert, considering most of the 80 pounds I've lost are a credit to DDR and In The Groove (285 at highest, 205 at lowest, 215 currently, and working on cutting up the rest of the way). My verdict? Get In The Groove if you really want weight loss. DDR isn't too far behind, but as far as pure calorie burning, ITG owns anything out there. My first 30 were a credit to DDR, the next 20 were to DDR and weightlifting, and the next 30 (obviously the toughest to lose) are thanks to In The Groove.