Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA

Posted by Sean the Wicked

While I wasted the majority of my summer and summer funds on this pinnacle of DDR success, I cannot help but feel quite distressed after purchasing the home version of the game on the PS2. What I thought I was going to receive, I did not, although clearly labeled on the box, but nowhere else, did Konami fail to mention how only a TINY portion of the actual arcade version's songs would make it into the port.

Now, someone join me in saying, "**** you Konami."

Out of all the songs, four (that I can clearly remember) made it to this game: Jerk It Out, Xepher, Ska No. 13, and AA. As much as I love those four songs, I can't live off them, especially when the arcade had such gems like Afronova, Dragon Blade, You're Not Here, Toxic, Honey Punch, Burning the Floor, Drop the Bomb, and *** knows how many other songs I loved.

Regardless of my particulars, I also found it quite maddening that NONE of the REAL DDR songs made it along, nothing of Paranoia, none of the Stars series, nothing! Not even the song Dance Dance Revolution, named after the game itself.

I could of saved myself the seventy dollars and played 140 more games, that's 420 songs, of SuperNOVA at the arcade. I urge everyone else to not follow in my misguided footsteps.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

That's right, Sean. Everyone should play more games in the arcade instead of on their consoles at home. Especially if you live in the Racine, Wisconsin area, or within reasonable driving distance. Heck, even if you live outside reasonable driving distance, throw reason to the wind and drive yourself over to Regency Mall and play games at the arcade there. You'll be glad you did. Or at least I will.

Posted by Hammered On

Ouch man, that sucks. Guess I'll buy something else I actually need instead of this.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Prince Shondronai: That's right, Sean. Everyone should play more games in the arcade instead of on their consoles at home. Especially if you live in the Racine, Wisconsin area, or within reasonable driving distance. Heck, even if you live outside reasonable driving distance, throw reason to the wind and drive yourself over to Regency Mall and play games at the arcade there. You'll be glad you did. Or at least I will.

crazy off topic, but how far is Racine from the Dells?

About a 2 hour drive.

Posted by s0ul

Well I won't be visiting your arcade then! Jerk.

Posted by Klarth

Why the hell would anyone buy a home version of DDR anyway? I can see why it'd be stacks of fun in an arcade, but looking like an idiot in the comfort of your own home? You probably deserve a ****ty experience.

Posted by Hammered On

Isn't it hella cheaper to play it at home? That's why I got Max 2.

Quoting s0ul: Well I won't be visiting your arcade then! Jerk.

What? Geographical location makes me a jerk? I guess it makes you a tourist attraction carny, then, doesn't it?!

Posted by s0ul

Hey, I live in Wisconsin, I'm not that much of a tourist.

on topic: I like DDR!!!!!

Posted by Bebop

I hate DDR.

Posted by Arczu

Some people couldn't care less what they look like when playing DDR. I think that's part of the fun.

Staying away from a game because it causes you to move sounds really lame to me (well if you use your head, and not purposly look like an idiot).

And I'm sad to hear this. I recently tried an arcade version of DDR, and all those songs I've head of but never played were awesome.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I got a home version of DDR so I could keep up my practice and not get rusty, but DDR is also an excellent cardio workout for lazy bastards like me who don't like sunlight. And besides, as soon as the figure out how to break the barrier between dance mat controller and USB slot, I'll be able to use my mat to play songs on StepMania and have virtually any song I could ever want to play DDR to anyhow.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Prince Shondronai: That's right, Sean. Everyone should play more games in the arcade instead of on their consoles at home. Especially if you live in the Racine, Wisconsin area, or within reasonable driving distance. Heck, even if you live outside reasonable driving distance, throw reason to the wind and drive yourself over to Regency Mall and play games at the arcade there. You'll be glad you did. Or at least I will.

Someday I will, you bet your ***. Don't go bankrupt anytime soon.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm perfectly happy playing the Dance minigame on Donkey Kong Country for the GBA.

Quoting Linko_16: Someday I will, you bet your ***. Don't go bankrupt anytime soon.

And I won't. Next year, all will know why.

Posted by Uzmutt

I'm so bad at that game. I just can't get my feet and eyes to work together. And I just can't get over, feeling like a dork attempting it.

I love watching the really good people play though. I'm always impressed.

I'm sorry you feel you wasted 70 dollars. Is the only problem the lack of variety of music? Is it possible to just play a cd, and mute the t.V?

Posted by sniper

[quote]Why the hell would anyone buy a home version of DDR anyway? I can see why it'd be stacks of fun in an arcade, but looking like an idiot in the comfort of your own home? You probably deserve a ****ty experience.
WTF kind of logic is that? "Why buy a game you enjoy and play at home whenever you want instead of going to arcades where you can be mocked by others?"