Which Cell Phone Provider do you Have??

Posted by Random

Eh I figured I'd do a little poll. I Myself have Sprint. I switched from Verizon because Verizon is a money hog.

Wathchu got?

If you have "other" post what the "other" is...

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I don't want a cell phone, but if ever I change my mind, I would buy a cell phone from "Virgin mobile" :) [/COLOR]

Posted by Kit

3, but I haven't touched my phone for over a year now.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Cricket.

Posted by mis0

T-Mobile. Their rates are going up, so I might switch, but I wanna keep my old number. More importantly I just want a new phone. My Nokia got cracked when I was in Cali, so it's time for a RAZR or something new.

Posted by Random

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Cricket.

I'm amazed their still around. I remember the Cricket commercials.. I hear they have good rates just ****ty coverage.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Yeah, you have yo stay inside the designated zone or your service drops. Which is fine for me since I tend to stay inside Colorado. :)

Posted by Killer Jordo

Before I got my Treo 600 disconnected I was with Cingular.

Posted by Axis

Cricket. Sucky coverage, but it's cheap and gets the job done.

Posted by Fate

<3 Verizon.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Princess Fate: <3 Verizon.

Posted by Random

Verizons expensive.. I used to have Verizon.. Their rates are too high, their overages are too high and they know how to rip a person off.

I switched to Sprint..

Reasons behind it:
-Sprint starts at 7pm automatically (2 hrs earlier than Verizon)
-Sprint can roam off Verizons coverage at no extra cost making their coverage better than Verizons
-Overages with Verizon are 45 cents a minute, only 20 with Sprint
-Sprint has better phones to offer.. (Fusic>Chocolate, A900>RAZR etc etc)
-Verizons customer service sucks and they ripped me off $400..
-Vcast is slower than Power Vision

Verizon sucks in my mind. Im suprised as many people have Verizon as they do..

Cingular offers Rollover
CellularOne offers cheap unlimited plan
Alltel offers "My Circle"
T-Mobile has cheap family rates
Sprint has 7pm nights and cheap overages

What the hell does Verizon have??

Sorry I sell cell phones and I used to sell verizon so I know its a scam lol.

Posted by NeXidala

Whenever I get a phone I want it to be a MetroPCS. Some people may think it's cheap because the prices are low but it's not. MetroPCS until I get much older.

Posted by NES Queen

I switched from AT&T to Verizon 2yrs ago when I went on my road trip, because AT&T was going to charge me a fortune to use my phone during that time and with Verizon it was essentially free (they gave me my first month free as a way of saying "thanks for leaving them for us") plus free internet so I could keep checking my email while away too.

The service is way better than I ever had with AT&T (phone service, not customer... that will suck everywhere you go). During the road trip there were plenty of occasions where my friend was unable to get a signal with her AT&T phone while I had a full 5 bars of signal strength. When I was in St.Thomas and Puerto Rico it only cost me .46 cents to make a few calls that week. Most of my friends/family use it as well so I never even come close to going over my minutes each month since those calls are all free and dont count towards my monthly allowance. And because of where I work I get an employee discount and save roughly $10 each month on my regular bill.

So I can't complain too much.

Posted by Random

ah back when AT&T had cell phones.. Now they're part of Cingular which has a fricken awesome network.

Posted by Xenos

I am a Cingular man. I don't really have dibs in on what I want so I don't bother to research the different brands.

Posted by Random

Quoting Xuphansa: I am a Cingular man. I don't really have dibs in on what I want so I don't bother to research the different brands.

Research is everything. When I was with Verizon I was paying about $150 a month. Now i'm paying less than $50 with Sprint..

Posted by Dexter

Verizon. Works fine for my lifestyle.

Posted by Random

Dexter you disappoint me.. You help feed the money hog of the cell phone industry =(

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Random: Dexter you disappoint me.. You help feed the money hog of the cell phone industry =(

Enough with the Verizon bashing already. For the same amount of minutes I would be paying $10 more each month if I switched to Sprint. Plus my best friend has Nextel (which is one in the same with Sprint now, no?) and her service is horrible. Half the time I talk with her the call gets dropped or she fades in and out and I can't hear a darn thing she says.

Everyone at my job used to have Nextels mainly for the walkie talkie feature so we can could easily locate certain key people (maintenance, engineering, project managers....). Well, we switched over to Verizon because the Nextel service was horrible. I would call someone and it would go straight to voicemail without ever ringing on their end, and they were simply sitting at their desk - not in a dead zone within the lab or anything. So the "benefit" of being able to get a hold of someone immediately was a joke since you would have to leave them a message, they listen to the message literally 3 seconds after you leave it, then they have to call you back.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Dexter: Verizon. Works fine for my lifestyle.

Same here. Plus, my family has Verizon, so we get free calls. Also, everybody loves Chocolat.

Posted by Speedfreak

...Orange.

EDIT: No, really, it's called Orange. :(

Posted by Random

Quoting NES Queen: Enough with the Verizon bashing already. For the same amount of minutes I would be paying $10 more each month if I switched to Sprint. Plus my best friend has Nextel (which is one in the same with Sprint now, no?) and her service is horrible. Half the time I talk with her the call gets dropped or she fades in and out and I can't hear a darn thing she says.

Everyone at my job used to have Nextels mainly for the walkie talkie feature so we can could easily locate certain key people (maintenance, engineering, project managers....). Well, we switched over to Verizon because the Nextel service was horrible. I would call someone and it would go straight to voicemail without ever ringing on their end, and they were simply sitting at their desk - not in a dead zone within the lab or anything. So the "benefit" of being able to get a hold of someone immediately was a joke since you would have to leave them a message, they listen to the message literally 3 seconds after you leave it, then they have to call you back.

Have you checked sprint rates yet? We just go ta new brochure and I was price checking. Sprint overall has more cheaper plans vs Verizon than Verizon does Sprint. Sorry if i'm not making much sense had a good time last night.

Secondly Nextel and Sprint are together but they're service and phones are still different. Nextel doesn't use Sprint towers and Sprint can use Verizon Towers.

And i'll agree with Nextel being a joke. I've seen the coverage maps.. They're very few places they even work. But Sprint expands far further than Nextel. At least for the time being.

Service wise, Cingular, T Mobile and CellularOne have it pretty good. They can all roam off eachothers towers at no extra cost.

Posted by mis0

T-Mobile has excellent roaming across the country because they share Cingulars network, I had a signal pretty much everywhere even in the Mohave Desert on my roadtrip, and T-Mobile has direct-dial international calling which is handy if your family travels alot, it makes it easier than trying to keep up with calling cards and crap.

I will say that the phone is somewhat important - I went out and got a RAZR and the reception is excellent on that thing, so much better than my old Siemens and Nokia.

I also agree the Verizon is a rip. My parents use Verizon, their service and reception tend to suck and they pay a lot more than I do for about the same amount of airtime.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Random: Have you checked sprint rates yet? We just go ta new brochure and I was price checking.

I just checked their website yesterday. Right now I have 450 minutes for $39/month, plus an extra $5 for unlimited text/picture/video messaging. But then I get a discount from both jobs due to their affliation with Verizon so thats -$5 x 2 = $35 a month for 450 minutes and unlimited messages.

Same package with Sprint would cost me $39/month (the same) plus an extra $15 for unlimited messaging. And I don't get any discount with them. So it would cost me $55/month. Last time I checked, paying 35 was better than 55 for essentially the same thing. :/

Posted by Random

Quoting NES Queen: I just checked their website yesterday. Right now I have 450 minutes for $39/month, plus an extra $5 for unlimited text/picture/video messaging. But then I get a discount from both jobs due to their affliation with Verizon so thats -$5 x 2 = $35 a month for 450 minutes and unlimited messages.

Same package with Sprint would cost me $39/month (the same) plus an extra $15 for unlimited messaging. And I don't get any discount with them. So it would cost me $55/month. Last time I checked, paying 35 was better than 55 for essentially the same thing. :/

Ah you have to read the fine print. Verizons unlimited texting is "Verizon to Verizon" only.. I used to have that package.. Cost me a bundle to txt my friends on Sprint, CellularOne, Cingular, T Mobile etc. Cost me a bundle too. Sprints $15 unlimited is UNLIMITED TO EVERYBODY which saves me a bit more.

That and I didn't know you got a discount off of it. But do you also realize Sprint starts at 7PM where Verizon starts at 9PM? that gives you 2 extra hours a night, and roughly 60 extra hours a month.

So lets recap..

Sprint 7PM 450 Minutes 39.99 plus Unlimited Text Msgs $15 (TO EVERYONE)

Verizon 9PM 450 Minutes 39.99 plus unlimited text msgs $5 (ONLY TO VERIZON CUSTOMERS :'(... Sorry other carriers it charges me to txt u)

But alas.. You can start at 7PM with Verizon and Get unlimited text messages to EVERYONE!!! YEAAAA.. LETS CALCULATE SHALL WE?

Verizon Charges $20 for UNLIMITED "IN" Text Msgs to everyone which gives you 2500 Msgs to other Providers... They also charge an additional 5 or maybe 10 I think they changed it recently for 7PM nights.

Back to mathematics..
-Sprint 39.99 450 Minutes plus unlimited text msging 7PM nights=roughly $55
-Verizon 39.99 450 Minutes plus unlimited "in" texting and 2500 out text msging plus starting at 7PM will cost roughly $65-$70 before taxes.

Not to mention Verizons rediculous overage fee's standing at .45 a minute whereas Sprint is only .20..

AND AND.. One last thing.. Sprint can use Sprint PCS, and ROAM OFF VERIZON FREE.. Verizon can't use Sprint towers. Thusly making Sprint the superior brand correct? Cheaper and a wider coverage area..

Point Match Win

I rest my case..

And just to mock the rest of you.. I get $4000 anytime minutes, plus Nights at Weekends at 7PM plus unlimited text and web use for $29.99..

plus when KoH moves here i'll pick up CellularOne for his use, get unlimited minutes and unlimited text and web use for $29.99 (one **** good value).

HA!

Posted by KoH

/AGREE TO THE HIGHEST EXTENT OF THE WORLD

Posted by NES Queen

[QUOTE=Random]blah blah blah I'm a Sprint fanboy
My $5/month for text/video/picture message includes 500 "non-Verizon" messages as well. I have never even come close to using up that allotment. That works out to roughly 16 messages each and every day, and assumes that they are all to non-Verizon people (which as I've already said, most of my friends and family are on Verizon). Having 2500 messages/month is beyond overkill for me.

As for the extra 2 hours, again, I don't need them. Of the 15hrs each day that are considered peak hours, I'm at work and inaccessable for 10 of them anyway (minus the 1hr lunch break). On average I typically only use up 250 of my 450 minutes each month, and even then its mostly because of playing games rather than actually talking. So again, having 510 minutes as opposed to the 450 is not anything for me to be excited about.

As for the overage fees... again, I've never encountered that problem. So for me, they could charge $5 a minute and it wouldn't concern me at all.

The important factor for me is coverage. Coverage-wise... Sprint looks to have quite a few gaps in their coverage for my particular area, whereas Verizon does not. So there goes your theory on that one.

Sprint
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/sprint.jpg[/IMG]

Verizon
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ecoli742/verizon.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by KoH

I love how you neglect to explain how the coverage map actually works.

Posted by Random

Quoting NES Queen: My $5/month for text/video/picture message includes 500 "non-Verizon" messages as well. I have never even come close to using up that allotment. That works out to roughly 16 messages each and every day, and assumes that they are all to non-Verizon people (which as I've already said, most of my friends and family are on Verizon). Having 2500 messages/month is beyond overkill for me.

As for the extra 2 hours, again, I don't need them. Of the 15hrs each day that are considered peak hours, I'm at work and inaccessable for 10 of them anyway (minus the 1hr lunch break). On average I typically only use up 250 of my 450 minutes each month, and even then its mostly because of playing games rather than actually talking. So again, having 510 minutes as opposed to the 450 is not anything for me to be excited about.

As for the overage fees... again, I've never encountered that problem. So for me, they could charge $5 a minute and it wouldn't concern me at all.

The important factor for me is coverage. Coverage-wise... Sprint looks to have quite a few gaps in their coverage for my particular area, whereas Verizon does not. So there goes your theory on that one.

Aww I thought we were comparing equal plans.. Not what was best for you..

Sprint has better and cheaper plans. Admit it.. their Unlimited is to everyone. Idc that you don't have that many friends in general or friends that have other providers. Thats not my fault that you don't text people out of your company. If you had then you'd be paying more with Gayrizon.

Did you not hear what I said? Sprint can roam off Verizon at no extra coverage.. So oh wait.. ADD SPRINTS PLUS VERIZONS and thats what you get =) Sprint doesn't show coverage Verizon has that Sprint can get silly..

Sprint>Verizon Coverage

Sprint>Verizon price wise

You must admit Queenie, Sprints bett-or. I mean sure you don't have to. But Sprint offers more at a more affordable price and their coverage is excellent.

You also must not have seen what I said before. Mentioning that I used to sell Verizon. Its crap.. Its always been crap. Service used to be great up until Sprint could roam off of it. Now Sprint has a better all around network.

ok now i'm done Ti**y****ing you for tonight.. Any more debates shall we??

Posted by Klarth

O2 pay-as-you-go.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]O2 pay-as-you-go.

I like our providers names better.

Posted by WackoHater2

I have a TracFone.

Posted by Klarth

I like the fact that they don't all have "tel" or "phone" in the name as a helpful reminder to anyone confused as to what to answer to questions like these.

edit: I was interrupted, it seems. There you have it.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Klarth: I like the fact that they don't all have "tel" or "phone" in the name as a helpful reminder to anyone confused as to what to answer to questions like these.

Vodaphone.
T Mobile.

Posted by Speedfreak

TMobile used to be one2one, Vodaphone is the only other one.

Why the hell is Catherine Zeta Jones talking with an American accent in those ads, anyway?

Posted by Ch

Cingular, bit[COLOR="White"]c[/COLOR]hes.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Speedfreak: TMobile used to be one2one, Vodaphone is the only other one.

Why the hell is Catherine Zeta Jones talking with an American accent in those ads, anyway?

Why the Hell is she doing T Mobile commercials anyway? It was ****ty service that got me to switch, not that harlot.