Who thinks....

Posted by Vg200x

the wii is going to be one big flop? or it's going to have so many problems when released that it's going to turn down gamers.

Posted by Bebop

When I think of flop I think of the Saturn or Virtual Boy. Wii won't be a flop.

Posted by TendoAddict

No, its just you.

Posted by Speedfreak

Ken Kuturagi, I suppose.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Bebop: When I think of flop I think of the Saturn or Virtual Boy. Wii won't be a flop.

those werent really flops tho VB was but I don't really think the saturn was, I mean is this system going to be like the 360 when released, it has bugs, well i suppose every system are going to have bugs when there first released.

Posted by Speedfreak

No, Nintendo systems actually work from day one. There weren't any reports like the faulty launch PS2s and Xboxes for Gamecube when it launched, as far as I can remember. N64s also worked well, the same can't be said for PS1. Apart from a few dead pixels (which affect ANYTHING with an LCD screen), DS also performed as expected. I don't see any problems with Wii coming up.

Posted by Last Fog

There shouldn't be any problems, the first shipment should work just as it should, which may or may not be a good thing.

Posted by muffla

i dont think it will be a flop but i just cant help but think, if you drom the wiimote is it possable for the mosion dectors to get screwed up?

Posted by Last Fog

WTF? Stop typing with your face.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The Wii won't be a flop. Even if it's not very successful over here or in Europe, it will still do so well in Japan that it almost won't matter.

Posted by Vg200x

well duhhhhh its going to be succesful in japan.lol. I don't no I'm still deciding weather I wan't to reserve it or not.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vg200x: those werent really flops tho VB was but I don't really think the saturn was, I mean is this system going to be like the 360 when released, it has bugs, well i suppose every system are going to have bugs when there first released.

Why wasn't the Saturn a flop? I'm pretty sure it didn't sell well.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]The Wii won't be a flop. Even if it's not very successful over here or in Europe, it will still do so well in Japan that it almost won't matter.

Funny thing is being a success in Japan kind of garuntees it's success everywhere else. Japanese developers won't develop games for a system that sells badly in it's own country.

Posted by Perdition

It will certainly be more successful than the Gamecube. A game system has never received as much hype as the Wii.

Posted by Speedfreak

WHAT ABOUT PSP?

AMIRIGHT?

Posted by Linkman

The Wii isn't going to flop, not even close. It'll do just fine, without plastering it's console all over the media like Sony will have to do.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Perdition: It will certainly be more successful than the Gamecube. A game system has never received as much hype as the Wii.

lol I just found out today that you can play gamcube games on it, and is it true you can play dvd's on it? I'll just throw out my ps2 for that then.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

You just found that out? And you can only play DVDs with a dongle.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You just found that out? And you can only play DVDs with a dongle.

That's actually not true now. Nintendo decided not to allow DVD playback afterall.

Posted by Vg200x

yes because i dont sit in front of the computer for 9 hours a day(anymore) and STC why did you de-rep me now when this has been up here for a long time. I don't think ill use it for dvd's tho. I'v been using a new dvd player I got for my van to watch all my dvd's in.