FMA:Conqueror of Shamballa

Posted by ed elric

this movie is truly a work of art, I litarally started to cry at the end! I would recomend this to anyone that has seen the series all the way through! Anyone that likes Full Metal Alchemist should see this movie, it is the true end to the series, and without it any FMA collection would not be complete.

Posted by Breakman

I saw this subbed a good time ago, and since I have no real arguments with the dub as much as I saw of it I'd say any fan of the English version would be do great checking it out. It's a nice movie, wraps up every loose end of the series I can think of, and the end is superb. It doesn't end like you think it will end, even deep into the movie; it doesn't end quite sadly or quite happily, but it ends [I]VERY satisfyingly. Basically, some things don't work out as you'd hoped, but in the end, the one thing that, in the back of your mind, you wanted to happen throughout the whole series, happens.

I'd love to talk about it with spoilers, but I'll hold myself back.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I have never really been a fan of the series, and the movie, while truly a masterpiece of animation and design, was a complete and utter dissappointment in the story department. I thought the brothers traded down, if you know what I mean, in the end. I would consider any deal that takes me away from Winry's sweet, sweet bod a bum one indeed.

Posted by ed elric

i thought it was a perfect ending to the series.though different from expected it delivered what the series entire goal was set on

Posted by Draxamus

SCREW THAT ENDING MAN WHAT A BOUT WINRY ALTHOUGH THE MOVIE DID HAVE HITLER SO I STILL RECOMMEND IT

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Dubbed or Subbed, I loved it. Needed a better ending with more Winry though. Brotherly love is meh, moar winry.

Posted by Arcadios

Hope to buy it by the end of the week.

Posted by Xenos

I demand someone to post a picture or Hitler in that movie.

Posted by ed elric

dude they messed up hitler by giving him the "mustache". he did not grow that untill he took control of germany and charlie chaplin appeared on film with it in his famous film "the dictator" that made fun of hitler. chaplin grew the mustache just to make his portrayal of hitler funny, so hitler because he4 hated charlie for grew his. also back at that point in time they did not have sound in movies and i'm pretty sure that they did not have technicolor so it was all in black and white. but the theory about parralell worlds has even been proven possible. [quote]Parallel worlds
Physicist spins latest theories for UD crowd
By VICTOR GRETO
Staff reporter
11/20/2003

From: http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2003/11/20professorponder.html

You could either feel awe-inspired or small, listening to Max Tegmark's lecture at the University of Delaware on Wednesday afternoon on the probability of the existence of parallel universes mimicking or diverging from our own.

Tegmark, a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Pennsylvania, discussed the multiverse (more than one "uni-" verse) with a standing-room-only group of more than 50 budding physicists and assorted philosophy, biology and science majors at a UD Department of Physics and Astronomy lecture.

Of course, your reaction depends upon your point of view.

If you're still reeling from the counter-intuitive fact that the Earth is not located at the center of the universe - let alone the solar system; that our solar system is tucked away in some obscure outer arm of a milky swirl of stars; and that our galaxy is but one of a lot more hurtling at enormous speeds through icy and indifferent space - Tegmark's theories that multiple versions of yourself probably exist out there, somewhere, makes old-fashioned common sense seem even more irrelevant.

"There may be at least a thousand parallel universes out there," Tegmark told his audience, and it's all based on the latest measuring capabilities and mathematical equations devised by physicists in the past few years.

Tegmark has published many articles about the subject in academic periodicals and more mainstream magazines, including "Scientific American." Born in Sweden, he earned a doctorate from the University of California at Berkeley and post-doctorate degrees in Europe and at Princeton.

According to Tegmark, the most popular and simplest cosmological model today predicts that there is another you not a short distance from us doing - exactly or approximately, depending on those unpre- dictable quantum mechanics - what you're doing now: eating breakfast, riding in a carpool, or wrinkling your brow and rolling your eyes.

Your alter ego thinks he or she's your true self, of course, just like you do. Hearing that eerie "Twilight Zone" theme music yet?

As Tegmark argued, if space is infinite and the distribution of matter is relatively uniform, then even the most unlikely events must take place somewhere.

In other words, there are an infinite number of inhabited planets with people who not only look like you, but have nearly the same sort of experiences.

That idea intrigued junior Stephanie Smith, 20, a physics major who wants to work for NASA devising space travel technology.

"I always wanted to be a child prodigy," she said, after the lecture. "If there's another 20-year-old Stephanie out there, she may be a scientific child prodigy because, maybe, she got the right toys when she was a kid."

We "know" that the universe is infinite and relatively uniform, Tegmark said, because cosmic microwave background experiments have ruled out old ideas that the universe is like a four-dimensional sphere or doughnut, implying that it's actually rather simple and infinite. Maps of galaxy distribution also have shown a uniformity in the distribution of matter.

So, evidently, the universe just goes on and on and on.

These are the kinds of ideas that got people killed just a few hundred years ago, and not just because they are personally disconcerting. In 1600, theologian-philosopher Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake in Italy for heresy; among his ideas was a claim that there were more worlds out there than anyone could imagine.

Last night, when he was done, instead of getting roasted alive, Tegmark was applauded. After all, the mathematical elegance of the possibility of a multiverse can be inspiring.

"I don't understand a lot of it," said Lauren McCulley, 18, also a physics major. "It's the different possibilities that make it awe-inspiring."

There are at least three other possibilities, Tegmark said.

How about an infinite number of inflating bubble-like universes, theorized to help explain why certain phenomena, predicted by physics to occur just after the Big Bang (the boom that started our version of reality), didn't occur.

Or how about a quantum theory view that the multiverse evolves from a "wave function," without any split; it's us, inside the wave function, who see only a tiny fraction of reality.

Or how about a multiverse of infinite mathematical structures?

"There has to be other universes," McCulley said. "It makes sense mathematically."

But pragmatically, none of this may make a difference to you. You may be like the 18th-century critic Dr. Samuel Johnson, who responded to one philosopher's theory on the nonexistence of matter by kicking a large stone and shouting, "I refute it, thus."

But it's not just metaphysics, Tegmark said. It's based on testable criteria.

"If there's one thing you get out of this," Tegmark told the students, "is that a theory can be eminently testable even if it contains unobservable entities within it."

Kicking a rock just isn't enough anymore.

Posted by Fate

So this movie ends the series and it's not just some dumb side-movie to a popular show? Neat. I only read the manga, though.

Posted by Arcadios

The Manga and the anime are diffrent in a big way.

Posted by Fate

Manga came first, didn't it? Winner.

Posted by ed elric

yes but the anime finished first. true winner

Posted by Arcadios

Nah, manga is always the true story.
I go by it instead of the anime.

Posted by ed elric

yeah but with fma i still like the anime, also do you know if the manga is finished yet?