great deal at gamestop!!

Posted by muffla

I'm not shure if its just game stops in CT, or USA, or wolrldwide. however gamestop is having a sale where if you trade in 2 xbox games you can pick any (i think any) xbox 360 game for 9.99.

if i had a 360 i would go wild

Posted by Last Fog

There is NO way this is right. I think you got it backwards. Trade two 360 games, get regular Xbox game for 9.99, plus the price for the trade-ins.

Posted by Axis

I'm pretty sure you're wrong, Last Fog. A majority of the Xbox games we have already are 19.99.

I think it actually is Trade 2 360 games in and get one free.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Axis: I'm pretty sure you're wrong, Last Fog. A majority of the Xbox games we have already are 19.99.
Exactly, that would mean you're getting a deal.

Trade two get one free isn't all that great. That means you're losing 50% on the two you traded in. I'm sure it's more than you'd normally get, but nothing to jump up and down about.

Posted by Axis

What do you mean?

Xbox 360 title: 59.99
2 Xbox 360 titles: 120.00
Value of Free 360 Game: 59.99
Loss: 60.00

That means in this deal you would be losing, as you said, 50%.

Xbox 360 Title: 59.99
2 Xbox 360 Titles: 120.00
Value of Free Xbox title: 19.99
Loss: 100.00
As compared to above, you're losing 100 dollars. But if you traded it in for a 360 game, you would only lose 60 dollars. There is no way in hell you would be getter the better deal if you traded in two 360 titles for 1 Xbox. That would basically be trading in two Ferrari's for one Ford. I would rather trade in two Ferrari's for 1 Ferrari, not a Ford.

Posted by Last Fog

Thats not what I meant. I was assuming if you trade two 360 games, you get a Xbox game for 9.99, PLUS the price for the trade-ins. And since Xbox games normally sell for 19.99, you save 10 bucks. On the other hand, trade two 360 games, get another one free, thats all you get. So basically you're getting $30 a piece for the trade-ins, which isnt all that great. Like I said though I dont know what they normally give for trade-ins.

Posted by Axis

I see where you are coming from. I wish that would be a deal, but GameStop would never do that. It would be trade two 360 games and get 1 Xbox game for 9.99. No price for trade-ins after that.

Gamestop usually gives jack **** for trade-ins. If you bought a brand new game and turned around and try to sell it to them, it's 20 bucks.

Posted by Breakman

Quoting Last Fog: Thats not what I meant. I was assuming if you trade two 360 games, you get a Xbox game for 9.99, PLUS the price for the trade-ins. And since Xbox games normally sell for 19.99, you save 10 bucks. On the other hand, trade two 360 games, get another one free, thats all you get. So basically you're getting $30 a piece for the trade-ins, which isnt all that great. Like I said though I dont know what they normally give for trade-ins.

I dunno, I can't think of any deal at any place in which you get money OFF an item AND get money back. You usually get all money, or all items, not a mixture of both; otherwise, why wouldn't they just go ahead and at least give you the xbox game free, plus 40 dollars?

This deal isn't too bad; two $20 games plus $10 for a $60 game, you're saving 10 bucks anyways, and if you're trading in xbox games you're tired of / would probably never or hardly ever play again, that's a huge bonus right there. And as Axis said, Gamestop/EBGames give so little for trade-ins; I'd bring a ton of decently new games (from the past generation or so) in mint condition with instructions and box, and get maybe $100 if I was very lucky from like a pile of them.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

EB's doing the same thing. 2 xbox 360 games gets you one for 9.99. WHAT A STEAL!!!11

Posted by Perdition

If you trade in two 360 games which aren't crappy launch titles then you can get one cheap new 360 game. They are making $120 with every transaction of this kind.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Perdition: If you trade in two 360 games which aren't crappy launch titles then you can get one cheap new 360 game. They are making $120 with every transaction of this kind.
Um no, how do you figure? They're making about $60 from this, granted they resell the games you sold them. They only knock off $5 for pre-owned games, meaning they sell for 55. They're giving you 25 for each, reselling for 55, thats a 30 profit on each game, times two is $60.

Annnyywayy... this is a lame deal and anyone who falls for it is a sucker. You're basically getting $25 a piece for games you paid 60 for.

Posted by Axis

This isn't a deal at all, it's a trap. It's basically what they've always done. Take 25 dollars for your game. Give them 2 games and you have 50 dollars store credit, which leaves you with? 10 dollars to buy a new 360 game.

Posted by muffla

well all i know that in bristol CT usa i can go there and trade in 2 original xbox games and get one xbox 360 game for 9.99

Posted by Axis

Bastard!

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting muffla: well all i know that in bristol CT usa i can go there and trade in 2 original xbox games and get one xbox 360 game for 9.99
Sorry I don't believe you. EB would have no incentive to give such an insane offer. Do you realize how much money they'd lose on that deal?

Posted by Skitzo Control

EB is owned by GameStop, and, yes, this offer is real.

Also, some GameStops have a "Trade in 3 Xbox, Ps2, PsP, GameCube, DS, or GBA games and get an extra $10" deal.

Posted by Axis

Deal is NOT real. At least not the 2 Xbox games for one 360 at 9.99.

Link: http://blogs.ign.com/Next-Gen-Gamer/2006/09/25/31870/

Posted by Skitzo Control

I have a GS right down the street, and the 2 Xbox games for a used 360 game for $9.99 is an available deal. The only problem is, you have to trade in select titles. That means no NCAA 2006/Top Spin or Amped trade-ins. It needs to be something recently released or popular (I.E. Halo 2 or The ***father game) for the deal to actually work, though. Fine print sucks.:(

Posted by Axis

****, I wish they were doing that at my local Gamestops.