What was your first RPG game?

Posted by Xenos

My very first RPG happened to be Breath of Fire--a good start. It was fun at the time. I think the games that came along were Chrono Trigger, Lufia II, and FF II.

Posted by Nizmo

My first RPG game, that I can remember, was probably Pokemon Blue. Either that or Shining Soul.

Posted by Klarth

First "real" rpg was EarthBound. Loved it. All I'd played previously were the Zelda games, which are still gold. :link:

Posted by Slipknot

I never liked RPG games until I played Final Fantasy 7

Posted by Fiindil

I think mine was Legends of Kyrandia for the Amiga 500, but I'm not quite sure

Posted by Legend Saber

The first RPG I ever played was Final Fantasy VII on the playstation, and I've loved it ever since.

Posted by Ch

My first had to be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I still love that game.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The D&D game for Intellivision...but that doesn't really count, so Baldur's Gate, the original for PC. Still my favourite game to date.

Posted by wolfmaster

Do mmorpg's count?If they then mine was everquest.if not Then pokemon red and blue. (I got them both at the same time)

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

****.... I was going to say FFVII... but then Wolf had to remind me about the Pokemons... they stole my RPG virginity... crud

Posted by Dexter

Dragon Warrior was probably my first, followed by Willow and Destiny of an Empire.

Posted by William

Well, from what I remember my first RPG was Final Fantasy VI. I was at a flea market with the rest of my family, and spotted two peculiar games, which happened to be both Final Fantasy VI, and Final Fantasy IV.

I saw the little moogle on the front of the box, and thought it looked cool, so I got that. I would've grabbed the other, but I only had $5 on me, which is what the game costed.

As soon as I got home, I played it and got hooked. I mean, no sleep, no work, no eating, no homework...Nothing. Until one day, my father got ****ed about that, and ended up breaking the game.

But that's what got me into RPGs. Not too long after, I rented rpgs from video stores nearby. Breath of Fire II, Lufia II, Illusion of Gaia, Final Fantasy IV. Those were all my first RPGs.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

the frist final fantasy on the NES and all the was up to X-2 but never played FFIX

Posted by Ronin

my first was zelda (if thats a true rpg) but if not, then FF7 was.

(alot of people's first was FF7.....)

Posted by Madame Flurrie

Final Fantasy II. I used to think the opening cutscene was soooo long and boring. Of course I was just a kid, then. :)

Posted by Corrupt

The original Dragon Warrior, for the NES. Good times... hell, I still even remember that I named my character "Curtis," and the first person that joined my party was Orfeo the spellcaster. I can't believe I remember that, still...

Posted by Map42892

uh... i think it was SMRPG, but then again, could be FFVI.

Posted by Nevinyrral

Super mario RPG. To me, still the best RPG out there.

Posted by Map42892

Yes, Mario RPG is probably one of my all time favorite RPGs there is.

Posted by Dr._31337

Quoting Slipknot: I never liked RPG games until I played Final Fantasy 7

Me too. I feel like I misse dout on so much not playing anything before that.

Posted by Map42892

if it weren't for FFVII, i dont think there'll be alot of RPG fans out there today.

Posted by Dragon X

my first was super mario rpg

Posted by Night Owl

Diablo2

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

My first RPG was Star Ocean: The Second Story.

Posted by posem_diest

Score another one for Dragon Warrior. I remember just one day deciding to play it and being all wtf is this. It was unlike any other game I'd ever played, it wasn't a side scroller like Monster Party or Super Mario Brothers, nor was it quite like Zelda. Yet, for some reason or another, I kept plugging away at it. I remember going into Garin's tomb and WASTING MY TIME by trying to run from most of the encounters. But still I persevered, and I have to say the game did a good job in capturing my imagination and making me WANT to see what happened next. When I finally did emerge from that tomb with the silver harp, the feeling was phenomenal. One of true accomplishment, and let me tell you what, the game had me hooked at that very moment. From just my previous "passing interest," I grew increasingly obsessed with the game, and would go on to eventually beat both it and its three sequels on the console. Games were magical back then, let me tell you what.

So its pretty sad that I can't stand the game at this present day. The game boy remake was decent enough, however. Thinking about it, if I had only acted upon my first impulse and discarded the game, instead of seeing wtf is up with it, my life would have very much likely went in a different direction. OHHH THE MISTAKES THAT WE MAKE

Posted by Crono

Hmm...the second Final Fantasy for the original Game Boy...and then ChronoTrigger.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

It was my first RPG and it got me even more addicted to video games then i already was: good old Final Fantasy 7

Posted by Sean Fury

Final Fantasy VIII, it was the first one I ever played, and I fell in love with it. FFVII was the first I ever owned though, by accident, because my mom forgot how to read Roman Numerals =/ (This was about 6 years ago)

Posted by TagginDragin

My first and all time favorite rpg I ever played is Final Fantasy 7, because once you get into to it, it becomes extremely addictive.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Mine was pokemon blue.[/COLOR] *pikachu*

Posted by Majeh717

mine was Final Fantasy VIII the best out of them if i do say so my self

Posted by Philsdad

My first RPG was Dragon Warrior for NES. I was in 3rd grade and my uncle got it for me for Christmas of 1990. I didn't realize what an RPG was, or that Dragon Warrior was an RPG until awhile later.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Anyone remember a game called Phantasy Star?
That was my first. ^_-_^

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Final Fantasy II (US) It is the earliest I remember, although my cousin did have FF for NES.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting SapphireRose: Anyone remember a game called Phantasy Star?
That was my first. ^_-_^

Yes I have, and funny you should mention it because I was just talking to someone about Phantasy Star II which was also one of my first RPGs back when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun and I don't really remember much about it but I want to play it again as well as a few of the other games in the series.

Posted by JMT

Morrowind for xbox is my first that I remember, otherwise I played some for NES/SNES a long time ago that I forget..

Posted by El Capitan

I got in late with RPGS so I started with Final Fantasy 9 and moved down to seven.

Posted by AvatarAirbender

DragonFire for atari

Posted by vgmaster13

i think it was Final Fantasy VIII or Shining Force can remember that well

Posted by El Capitan

Actually, now that I think about it, my first RPG was a Final Fantasy VII demo that came with Playstaion when I first bought it.

Posted by Acheron

Original Baldur's Gate, I think... daaamn is my memory fuzzy.

Oh, and Corrupt- wtf? You only have one party member in Dragon Warrior I.

Posted by Dreadnought

Diablo.

Posted by Exalbaru

At first I thought it was Morrowind, (which I loved) but unfortunatly, I was clued in about the Pokemon which I really don't think of as an RPG, but I digress. Maybe it was Pokemon Ruby

Posted by Beatles!!!!!

Now my favorite RPG is Guild Wars!

Posted by Beatles!!!!!

Quoting Xenos: My very first RPG happened to be Breath of Fire--a good start. It was fun at the time. I think the games that came along were Chrono Trigger, Lufia II, and FF II.

Yea I was Born in 1990 Annd i never heard of that Game. Then first one that i ever started to enjoy was Diablo.

Posted by Megabuster23857

I'd have to say it was Final Fantasy 7....*remembers the good times*....

Posted by sonic hedgehog

pokemon red

Posted by project101

My first RPG would haev to be..... Legend Of Legaia

Posted by Tolanya

Final Fantasy X, because I was about 10 or 11 then so it's not like I was old enough to play anything before it. And now I'm sort of taking myself back in time to play all the RPGs I missed out on. FFX is still my favorite game of all time, being only the second game I played on a console.

Posted by Outlaw

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

Posted by The Dark Harmonixer

Final Fantasy I (NES)

Posted by Random

Breath of Fire III for the PS. Helluva good game.

Posted by TopgunFFX

i got into rpgs late so my first one and which is my fav one is FFX but i really really like FFIX which was my second one so i sorta got into rpgs late but now that ive played one i cant stop i just love them now def my fav type of game to play now

Posted by Random

haha you really did get in late huh..?

Buy some older consoles. They are practically as expensive as a shoe shine now a days. So you could afford it most likely. Pick up an NES, SNES, Playstation 1 etc. Enjoy the Cheap RPG's.. Well not all are... Rare ones tend to be expensive.

Posted by amcartoon

i remember going to my uncle's and playing a demo disc he had, and it had a demo of legend of legaia(just the first Rim Elm part) I was hooked. I was nine and I walked to blockbuster from my house and bought Legend of Legaia and beat it in three weeks. Its an amazing game. Then I bought Final Fantasy VII when I was 11, and its been my favorite ever since. I beat VIII, didn't like it much. And I'm playing IX, and almost done with X. Legaia is a wonderful game though. Beautiful storyline.

Posted by S

Chrono Trigger.

Still my favorite to this day.

Posted by Hyper_chao1122

Mine was Final Fantasy Tactics or Pokemon Blue.
I got them at the same time, so I really can't say which was the first RPG game I played.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

I can't remember which one I played first I just remember on my 10th or 11th birthday I got Xenogears, Final Fantasy VII, and Star Ocean: The Second Story. Those where the first RPGs I ever played.

Posted by naughtydogy

yo,my first rpg game is...i think it was pokemon red,or spyro the dragon for playstaition1

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Too bad Spyro isn't considered an RPG. Good game, though.

Posted by Ant

Final Fantasy II, although I had no idea what I was doing really.

After that I would have to say either Earthbound or Super Mario RPG, both were around the same time.

Posted by GameMiestro

Realmz. Macintosh users get all the best classics.

Posted by naughtydogy

my first RPG game was spyro the dragon for ps1

Posted by Dog

paper mario.

Posted by deathdealah

my first rpg was the original pokemon games bu tnow i am into the kingdom hearts series

Posted by holy_flare

[quote=deathdealah]my first rpg was the original pokemon games bu tnow i am into the kingdom hearts series

My favorites were the origional pokemon games too, but now, I'm into to the Tales of series. Tales of, as in Tales of Symphonia. Tales of Symphonia is sadly the only one I've played, but the others look so awesome. I've played TOS and beat is (without beating all the sidequests) 4 times. I haven't played any other games in the series cause I didn't know there were any others till late in 2005.

Does anyone know where I can get any of the other games in the series???

Posted by keyartist

t really sure I think it is called Destiny Of An Empire. That was my first.

Posted by Dexter

Destiny of an Empire for the NES? That wasn't my first RPG game, but it was definitely a long time ago. It was the first RPG I ever went through where you gathered more than a single character. I remember being utterly impressed with that aspect of the game. Before then, I believe, the only two RPG games I had ever played was the original Dragon Warrior and Willow, both having only one controllable character. Willow is still superior, though.

Posted by

XENOGEARS!!!!!!!

Posted by CheekayChops

My first RPG was Phantasy Star 2 or 3 for the megadrive..I can't remember it all that well