Future systems board

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Has not been necessary for a while now. 360 is out already, we have a board for the Wii, the Phantom was canned, and anything else can go in the PlayStation board. Once we start getting solid info in a few years about the PS4 or whatever, we can reinstate it, but there really have been no new threads in there for a while now anyway.

Posted by Hyper

Speculation was one of the main reasons it was created.

Okay, then when people start to make speculatory threads, it can be recreated.

But right now it's pretty much dead, I'd say.

Posted by Klarth

Kill it.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, we're pretty much at the time of Wii and PS3, I say kill and bring it back in 3-4 years. Any rumors can go into the General Gaming Chat, I say.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

There will always be future systems. I don't see a reason to get rid of it when we know it'll be needed eventually. It's doing no harm.

Posted by Fate

Turn it into Future Systems/Games. Like Hyper said, speculation is why it's up.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Princess Fate: Turn it into Future Systems/Games. Like Hyper said, speculation is why it's up.
Future games is a stupid idea. The majority of topics for any system are for games that aren't out yet.

Theres no reason to get rid of it when there's other boards that are more of a waste of space. Fighting Games, Animal Crossing, Mario/Yoshi just to name a few.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't see why it has to be deleted if we know we're going to need it again in a while.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Sooner or later there will be a Game Boy Extreme, DS Pocket, PSP2 or that handheld MS is supposed to be working on.

Just because there isn't anything new at the moment doesn't warrant the removal of the board.

Lock it, then, and unlock it when the time comes. At the moment it's just a magnet for threads that should really be elsewhere.

Posted by Fate

Don't see why it should be locked, either.

Quoting Wings: At the moment it's just a magnet for threads that should really be elsewhere.
[spoiler].[/spoiler]

Posted by Fate

Then they'll be moved accordingly. Future Systems/Games I think would be a nice alternative. Games that are already out for a certain system can be discussed in their respective forums, and multiplatform games could slide by in General Gaming. Speculation about future games and systems sounds like a better option.

Speculation about future games belongs in the respective boards. We don't need a whole new forum.

And are you honestly suggesting that moving threads from a board to their rightful home is better than having them there in the first place?

Posted by Fate

I think it's best to keep them separated. It's been that way for a very long time now. We never had to shut it down, so why now?

And yeah, I am honestly suggesting that. Like it's so hard to believe.
:/

Well because right now, it's becoming redundant. It was only opened when we actually had stuff to talk about. Now there's not really anything.

And you're wrong. Threads that don't have to be moved are better than those that do. Don't be silly.

Posted by Fate

But it was never closed before. :(

It is better to not move threads, but nobody is going to put an already-released game in Future Games, right? I'm sure not too many people are that stupid.
:(

No, but - for a recent example - there's a thread for Assassin's Creed in both Future Systems and Xbox. My reasoning is that there should be one in Xbox and one in PlayStation if the people in that board feel the need.

It was never closed before because it was never open before. :cookie:

We've only had the board a year or so, maybe.

Posted by NeXidala

Personally, I don't think there should be any fuss over closing the Future Systems board. Once in a while, there may be somone who may want to post an update on bugs for the PS3 or new features for the Wii etc. It's not a completely innecassary board.

Plus, if you think about it, I haven't seen anyone suggesting to close the Mario/Yoshi board when no new Mario/Yoshi games were announced to be released.
[spoiler](Just as an example by the way)[/spoiler]

Posted by G-Sides

we didn't shut down forums like animal crossing and SSB when we knew their resepctive sequels weren't going to come out for long whiles, why do it for future systems?
:s

Posted by maian

System Wars board. :cookie:

Nah, it's not needed now. Kill it. There WILL be future systems always, but there will never be enough news to produce an active board unless it's like right now, or a year or so before a new console wave.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The board is so populer....that it just got a another mod!!! :D:D:D

Think twice about saying a board should be deleted...or it might end up with another mod!! :D Now, who thinks da Animal Crossing board should be deleted!!! :D:D:D