Ugh.

Posted by maian

Just yesterday, two hostages were held at a school just five minutes away from me. The whole school was evacuated when the man came in with a gun, but well, two girls didn't make it out.

It was a standoff for, well, a long time, and one of the girls got shot and died. Right after, the man shot himself.

=/

People make me sick.

Posted by Dexter

I saw that. It was live on the news. It's amazing how much more powerful an episode like that becomes with closer proximity. Did you or your family or friends know any of the people involved?

Posted by maian

I don't, but we're right here. I mean, it's everywhere.

Just like, a week before this, another student from the same school died in an event of, well, domestic hostility. It's strange, because I know people, say, like, at my church who go to the same school. One of my friends sat next to her in class.

I'm not really that affected by it right now, but it's really sad nonetheless. =/ We already had Colombine here in CO anyway. ;|

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Neat. In the span of two months, there's been a murder-suicide in a college near me, a school shooting in Quebec and another just yesterday or so. Ten bucks says there's another by the end of the year.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I want to sex the one that survived.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Vampiro: Neat. In the span of two months, there's been a murder-suicide in a college near me

Dawson college? The guy was a Megadeth fan. Blame heavy metal music! :bang:

Posted by Breakman

olol guyz i bet bully wil make like 9999 kids kill each other in skewl after it comes out xddddddddd

No seriously though, I haven't had anything that serious happen around here, but ther ewas a bomb threat or two while I was in highschool and constantly "gang" fights/redneck vs. latino battles all over the place around here. I was constantly ****ed at the low quality grade of people in general in my area, but I never did hear of any actual murders by or involving kids.

Posted by junior senior

my teacher was talking about that, it was not far from Columbine. :(

Posted by maian

Not THAT far from Columbine, but it's a lot closer to me. Roughly five minutes. Maybe 7 or 10 on a bike. ;|

Posted by Speedfreak

Videogames are obviously to blame.

Posted by Zeta

GO, JACK THOMPSON! SAVE THE WORLD FROM THIS ELECTRONIC MENACE!

Posted by Bebop

People are gay.

Posted by mis0

We had a few guns brought on campus at my school, but there was never any instance of hostage taking and certainly no one was ever shot. It really does ring close to home when it happens where you live. :/

Posted by Apathetic

Wow that sucks nuts and is very sad. DONT BE DOWN MAIAN CAUSE I LOVE YOU

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: Neat. In the span of two months, there's been a murder-suicide in a college near me, a school shooting in Quebec and another just yesterday or so. Ten bucks says there's another by the end of the year.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Yup. My school was right beside the shooting in Quebec. News talked about it for an entire week. The big thing. It's weird though that I din't hear anything about those 2 other shootings. 0_o

Some people make me sick too Maian. :(
[/COLOR]

Posted by Killer Jordo

I saw this on the news.

Now I'm just throwing this out there but terrorists? Think about it, 2-3 weeks ago a college in Montreal had a man go threw it on a killing spree. Connection maybe? And wasn't there something like this in Virginia 6 months ago?

Posted by Raptor

Germs make me sick, people make me bitter.

Quoting Killer Jordo:
Now I'm just throwing this out there but terrorists? Think about it, 2-3 weeks ago a college in Montreal had a man go threw it on a killing spree. Connection maybe?

No.

Quoted post: Now I'm just throwing this out there but terrorists? Think about it, 2-3 weeks ago a college in Montreal had a man go threw it on a killing spree. Connection maybe? And wasn't there something like this in Virginia 6 months ago?

That's so stupid.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

even more reasons to hate pedophiles!

Posted by maian

..Gawd. Another one yesterday. Happened at an Amish school.

A man came in, made all the males leave the classroom. He made all the girls line up against the walls. He shot seven, three died, then he shot himself.

That's two this week. =/

Posted by Zeta

I always wonder why people like them feel that they absolutely have to go out with a bang.

EDIT: I just realized the terrible pun I made. Rephrase to 'die and get news coverage on their death in any way possible, even if it includes killing a bunch of kids before yourself.'

Posted by TendoAddict

Bah people are sick. Im not at all shocked by this but just sick. I seriously wonder where man kind will be in 10 years just knowing that things are this bad now.

Posted by Zeta

Walking into nurseries or maternity wards instead of high schools.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Zeta: Walking into nurseries or maternity wards instead of high schools.

I didnt really want a answer >.<

Quoted post: ..Gawd. Another one yesterday. Happened at an Amish school.

A man came in, made all the males leave the classroom. He made all the girls line up against the walls. He shot seven, three died, then he shot himself.

That's two this week. =/

Quoted post: Ten bucks says there's another by the end of the year.

Where's my ****ing ten bucks?

lol the world is so predictable.

Posted by Xero

Quoting maian: ..Gawd. Another one yesterday. Happened at an Amish school.

That's two this week. =/

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I saw it on BBC news yesterday. That was terrible. These poor little girls executed and maybe RAPED! ****... I hope this won't become...trendy...I mean, as soon as you fell a little upset at the world, you go to a school and shoot people. Tsk.[/COLOR]

I don't blame 'em, really. It's a pretty "glorious" end that involves punishing those that put you where you are. But seriously, how do you shoot seven and only kill three? I could understand if they were running around in the halls, but you have them lined up... someone needs to practice more.

Well, did.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Well at the shooting at College Dawson (the one in Montreal), Kimveer Gill shot about 10 people at only one died. 2 of them are still in a hospital in a critical position.
I guess it's more some sort of "luck" for the killer if you kill a lot of people. Personally, I'm glad that many girls survived. It's gonna be hard for them to live with that experience though. [/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

You have to be a pretty crappy gunsman to shot 10 people and only kill 1.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: You have to be a pretty crappy gunsman to shot 10 people and only kill 1.

Have you ever even fired a real gun? It's really not as easy as it looks to actually hit your mark when you're firing rapidly.

Quoted post: Have you ever even fired a real gun? It's really not as easy as it looks to actually hit your mark when you're firing rapidly.

They were lined-up and probably too scared to even move. How do you miss? Seriously.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Bebop: You have to be a pretty crappy gunsman to shot 10 people and only kill 1.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I think it's pretty hard to shoot someone who's running around at a critical place. It's not like the guy COULD train with those guns where he lived. :rolleyes: How he got the guns? No clue.[/COLOR]

Have you considered how scared the gunner was? Seriously. Empathise.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]True. He probably was scared, but he also knew that he wouldn't get out of that school alive (usually a shooting in a school ends with the killer shooting himself), so I don't know if he really had anything to be scared of.[/COLOR]

[quote]I don't know if he really had anything to be scared of.
I guess imminent death might fit into that category.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Right. Thinking about it, I'd probably be scared too.

The killer posted those pictures on vampirefreaks.com. I don't know who would take such a risk to post his face with his weapons on the net.

And here is the only victim so far. A friend/collegue of mine was her friend. He din't come in for an entire week. Poor guy... :( [/COLOR]

All right, so even if he is scared, the point is, he still has a gun, the girls are still line-up against a wall, and all he has to do it point and shoot. I could understand not wanting to kill the girls, only harming them. But if you're that close with, what's most likely, still targets... the guy just sucks. Seriously.

The guy sucks for not killing other humans?

Man, you're grim.

The guy sucks for missing what was probably a point-blank shot.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro: All right, so even if he is scared, the point is, he still has a gun, the girls are still line-up against a wall, and all he has to do it point and shoot. I could understand not wanting to kill the girls, only harming them. But if you're that close with, what's most likely, still targets... the guy just sucks. Seriously.

Right, right, I forgot they were lined up. Still, guns aren't really as point and click as they are on TV, and furthermore you're usually better off being shot - it's more survivable than stabbing, with the exception of "headshots", because stabbing causes much more severe trauma than a gunshot wound.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I'm pretty happy the guy sucked. Those lil girls did not diserve that.

But Miso is right. Why he din't aim for their heads? No clue. [/COLOR]

Miso: It's point and click if you're a foot away.

Quoted post: I'm pretty happy the guy sucked. Those lil girls did not diserve that.

It would have been more sensational if the guy didn't suck. And for all you know, they did deserve it *shrugs*

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro:
It would have been more sensational if the guy didn't suck. And for all you know, they did deserve it *shrugs*

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]THAT you have to tell me why.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Vampiro:

yeah, I'm so sick of little Amish girls doing lines in the bathroom and wearing that skimpy clothing.

Oh wait, this guy was 32? Never mind.

Posted by ed elric

with all of these shootings you have to come back to ethics. some people litterally think that there is nothing wrong with taking lives. every human, even if just slightly, have different beleifs in what is right and what is wrong.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Nothing wrong with killing? Tsk. Aside Muslims, I don't know who else believes that killing is o.k o_0[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Aside Muslims

Er, not really.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Well they do think that if they blow themselves up, taking as many people with them as possible, they will have a bunch of virgins up there so..

Oh wai- these are Talibans! Oh sorry then. :( [/COLOR]

You racist.

You disgust me.