Call of Duty 3

Posted by Drewboy64

What the hell?
[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/736/736563/call-of-duty-3-20060929051916165.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/736/736563/call-of-duty-3-20060929052356287.jpg[/IMG]

Wii is SO much more capable than this. Gamecube is more capable than this. ****, this looks like a high-end N64 game! What the hell? After seeing Zelda and Mario Galaxy, should Ubisoft really be hiring 5 year olds to make thier games and crap on them?

I hope to *** that this is just some early demo made to show off the basic gameplay.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hahaha, that's terrible. Might improve closer to the release, but getting it on the Wii will be such a waste anyways.

Posted by TendoAddict

Not surpising at All. We all know that the Wii can make a pretty game but not if the devolper will not try. These War games hardly get effort put into them, anyways.

Hell was anyone even going to buy the Call of Duty 3 game?

Quoted post: These War games hardly get effort put into them, anyways.

... are you ****ing kidding me? You never even heard of the Call of Duty franchise, have you?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting TendoAddict: Not surpising at All. We all know that the Wii can make a pretty game but not if the devolper will not try. These War games hardly get effort put into them, anyways.

I think maybe I hate you. I'm not even gonna bother to explain myself.

As for those pictures, that is beyond pathetic. What happened here? When I looked I literally said "EWWWW".

Posted by maian

Quoting Drewboy64: ****, this looks like a high-end N64 game

lol

Anyway, heh. I'm not really surprised. Whatever. I don't plan on buying it.

Posted by Zeta

For some reason I can't help but laugh when I see the middle guy in the top picture.

Posted by Bebop

Those images make me feel ill.

Posted by Drewboy64

What is with those hands?? They look like the people who made the Philips CDi Zelda made this game.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting maian: lol

How are you not surprised that a next gen game looks like dog****? Sure the Wii isn't exactly "next gen" but this doesn't even look last gen.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting maian: lol

How are you not surprised that a next gen game looks like dog****? Sure the Wii isn't exactly "next gen" but this doesn't even look last gen.

Posted by maian

Gawd, it looks last gen. Don't even say it looks like N64 or CD-I.

I'm not surprised, because I wasn't expecting high-end amazing graphics from the Wii's first games, anyway.

Posted by Last Fog

Early last-gen maybe. High end amazing graphics is one thing but this is garbage and you know it.

Posted by Drewboy64

I didnt say it looked like CD-i, I was just saying the hands look deformed in the sense that link was deformed in the CD-i game.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Last Fog]How are you not surprised that a next gen game looks like dog****?

Because the developer of this title doesn't have much of a track record PREHAPS?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: ... are you ****ing kidding me? You never even heard of the Call of Duty franchise, have you?

Quoted post: I think maybe I hate you. I'm not even gonna bother to explain myself.

Ut oh, It looks like I hurt peoples feelings via my opinion.

Im a bad boy :(
---
Yeah I played Call of Duty and I can tell you I was hardly jumping out of my seat.

Though I might of been harsh, Ill just give it one my "I'll wait till later for it to improve"

There , Happy?

Posted by Axis

I think people are forgetting that Infinity Ward aren't making this title!

I'll enjoy playing on these graphics, though:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/735/735963/call-of-duty-3-20060927051621252.jpg

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Speedfreak: Because the developer of this title doesn't have much of a track record PREHAPS?
Perhaps, but why does it look 10 times better on other platforms?

Quoted post: Because the developer of this title doesn't have much of a track record PREHAPS?

Seems to look and play pretty well on the 360. It may be a different developer, but from everything I've seen, it's still a CoD game. But they're obviously using the Wii to squeeze a bit more cash out of the game and nothing more. Since, no matter what, people will buy it. We're probably going to see a lot of this for the first year or so.

Quoted post: Ut oh, It looks like I hurt peoples feelings via my opinion.

Don't be such an idiot. However, you should at least have enough intelligence to realise that, though you may not have enjoyed it, the series has still sold millions of games and this one will definitely further those sales. It's already a hotly anticipated title.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Vampiro:
Don't be such an idiot. However, you should at least have enough intelligence to realise that, though you may not have enjoyed it, the series has still sold millions of games and this one will definitely further those sales. It's already a hotly anticipated title.

Fine fine fine, The posts dead.

I'll try and think before I post next time. (no garentees)

---
Anyways its obvious that these are VERY early shots. I wonder why they even released them.

I also wonder how they'll add new Wii controlls into the game. It looks like choking Nazi's to death is in but surly their must be others. Maybe making motions for grendades and such but I cannot think of too many.

Posted by Bebop

I'm awesome

Posted by Last Fog

Wait I just realized those hands are from a black guy. This is WWII. WTF?

Nah, you're definitely not playing a nigra. Don't worry.

Posted by Last Fog

You never know, they did it with the outfit. Then again the outfit was entirely unrealistic and a crappy game anyhow, so it didn't matter. But if they do it here to not appear prejudice I'm gonna be mad.

Nah, won't happen.

Posted by Last Fog

k cool

Posted by s0ul

There were black soldiers in World War 2. ;)

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Seems to look and play pretty well on the 360. It may be a different developer, but from everything I've seen, it's still a CoD game. But they're obviously using the Wii to squeeze a bit more cash out of the game and nothing more. Since, no matter what, people will buy it. We're probably going to see a lot of this for the first year or so.

Despite the fact that Axis posted this before either of you replied:

Quoted post:
I think people are forgetting that Infinity Ward aren't making this title!

...you still both managed to miss my point entirely!

1) Some other developer is handling the Wii version

2) Looks great on 360? No shit? I was expecting PS2 graphics for that version.

Quoted post: 1) Some other developer is handling the Wii version

That I didn't know.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well waddya know?

Quoted post:
Yes, the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii versions of the game are graphically different. Looking across the field of battle through the field glasses on the 360 looked crisp and sharp. Running through a forest full of hidden Germans looked photorealistic, even with falling leaves that you could zoom in on and see every close-up detail. Running through burned out buildings on the Wii looked ... GameCubish. We pressed the Treyarch to tell us which version they favored, but they resisted our interrogation. Something was amiss, and headquarters didn't want us to know about it. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

Once more into the breach, we played each the game on each individual system. The missions and campaign are identical on each system, as are the controls. The PS3 has tossed in an "Oh crap! The Wii might steamroll us! Invent something!" motion senstive melee attack. Twist the controller left or right, and pop your enemy in the face with a rifle butt.
(...)
Finally, we were taken into the Wii dungeon and handed a nunchuck, a Wii-mote and told to enjoy. Holy disorientation, Batman! It was like playing a totally different game. The Wii-mote points, aims and fires your gun, spins your character around and also handles reloading through an upward flick of the wrist. The nunchuck moves you around via the thumbstick and lets you toss grenades with a throwing motion. You can also flick it to the left or right to change weapons. You would accuse us of drinking and Wii-ing if you had seen our first two tries at the game, spinning in place and lurching around like Mel Gibson on a Malibu highway. Once we got things under control however, it was a lot more enjoyable playing the Wii version. Yes, it might have GameCube quality graphics, but it adds boatloads of a much more important element: fun. All of the hand swinging and gesturing really immerses you in the game. At one stage, an enemy knocks your weapon out of your hand, and you have to struggle with him, via a Wii-mote minigame, in order to win back your weapon. Activision calls these "Battle Actions," and they are much more intuitive through the Wii while the PS3 motion controller feels tacked on and too late to the game in this department.

The Wii version is the most fun!

And the PS3 version aint no pretty little princess either:

[IMG]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/737/737716/call-of-duty-3-20061006015106350.jpg[/IMG]

Quoted post: The Wii version is the most fun!

Yet it has no online component... the biggest and most important part of the game. No thanks. And watch the game in motion. That **** looks great on the 360 or the PS3.

Posted by Speedfreak

I still find it interesting that such a half-arsed port by an unproven developer with crappy graphics and gimmicky use of the controller still becomes automatically more fun.

I'm much more inclined to trust developers with Wii games now, seems like the controller on it's own makes up for repetitive gameplay.

Because it's impossible to have fun otherwise? I don't care how fun the single-player is or how fun the controller is, it's garbage without online. Plus, this definitely isn't the type of game I want to fling my arms around in. Even the PS3 controller idea sounds retarded. But that's just me.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Because it's impossible to have fun otherwise? I don't care how fun the single-player is or how fun the controller is, it's garbage without online. Plus, this definitely isn't the type of game I want to fling my arms around in. Even the PS3 controller idea sounds retarded. But that's just me.

This post is basically a repeat of your last one and has enxt to nothing to do with what I said. The sarcastic question at the beginning? I have no idea what that's a repy to.

And you don't have to swing your arms, we've known this for a fucking year.

Quoted post: This post is basically a repeat of your last one and has enxt to nothing to do with what I said. The sarcastic question at the beginning? I have no idea what that's a repy to.

Except I was calling into question the amount of fun you can have with a gimped version of what's to be an excellent game. That was your point right, that you'll be having more fun due to the controller? I just can't see it. As for my question at the beginning, you make it sound like the other versions will be boring as hell because you can do "battle moves" or whatever they're being called.

Quoted post: And you don't have to swing your arms, we've known this for a ****ing year.

No ****. Maybe I was exaggerating? I don't want to tilt my hands in every direction in a game like CoD. Happy? Christ.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro] Except I was calling into question the amount of fun you can have with a gimped version of what's to be an excellent game. That was your point right, that you'll be having more fun due to the controller? I just can't see it. As for my question at the beginning, you make it sound like the other versions will be boring as hell because you can do "battle moves" or whatever they're being called.

The game's gimped and made by a developer with a crappy reputation, I've kind of been saying this since the beginning of the thread.
I'm just saying I find it interesting that the game is more fun to play with such basic use of the controller. Not that the game is a better buy or lasts longer or is more robust, just that what is actually there, as basic as it is and with such little effort from Treyarch, manages to be much more fun than the equivalent modes on PS3 and 360.

My point is just that this bodes well for FPSs on Wii, because the controller alone makes a huge difference whether the developer is trying or not. It especially bodes well for Red Steel and Far Cry Vengeance, because those dev teams are making their games worthwhile.

[quote=Vampiro]No ****. Maybe I was exaggerating? I don't want to tilt my hands in every direction in a game like CoD. Happy? Christ.

Ouch, better not play FPSs on PC then. You have to make small hand movements with that too!

Quoted post: Ouch, better not play FPSs on PC then. You have to make small hand movements with that too!

And I don't because I don't like mouse control and detest the keyboard as a game pad. Neat how that works, huh?

Quoted post: The game's gimped and made by a developer with a crappy reputation, I've kind of been saying this since the beginning of the thread.
I'm just saying I find it interesting that the game is more fun to play with such basic use of the controller. Not that the game is a better buy or lasts longer or is more robust, just that what is actually there, as basic as it is and with such little effort from Treyarch, manages to be much more fun than the equivalent modes on PS3 and 360.

My point is just that this bodes well for FPSs on Wii, because the controller alone makes a huge difference whether the developer is trying or not. It especially bodes well for Red Steel and Far Cry Vengeance, because those dev teams are making their games worthwhile.

I completely read your post in the wrong tone then. Fair enough. But bodes well Red Steel and Far Cry? Nah. Red Steel will bomb or be stomped to insignificance by Rayman. Far Cry isn't even worth mentioning.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote]And I don't because I don't like mouse control and detest the keyboard as a game pad. Neat how that works, huh?

Heard it here, folks. Analog stick > mouse control for FPSs. You're absolutely barmy.

[quote=Vampiro]Red Steel will bomb or be stomped to insignificance by Rayman.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Right, right, so whenever someone buying a Wii lists their games, and Red Steel is always the second one after Zelda, you don't think that means it'll at least sell a cool few million.

You're nuts, I'm totally quoting you on this. We'll see What happens at launch, shall we?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: But bodes well Red Steel and Far Cry? Nah. Red Steel will bomb or be stomped to insignificance by Rayman. Far Cry isn't even worth mentioning.

Man Vamp you must hate EVERY d[COLOR="Red"]a[/COLOR]mn FPS the wii has with a burning passion. All you do is say how subpar they'll be. Is there some thing Im not seeing?

Plus how does this not Bode well for Far Cry and Red Steel? The artical clip speedy posted said that even with the basic of wii controlls it made the game a lot more fun then its cross system brothers. And this is with a game from a developer who is hardly great and a game thats not even finished.

Now if its more fun with wii controlls with such a vanilla FPS imagine the games from developers who actually push the wii controlls.

And how the hell will Red Steel be stomped by Ray Man or it will Bomb? Their two different platforms aimed at two different types of games. Chances are that these gamers wont give a flying F[COLOR="Green"]u[/COLOR]ck about the other game. If either game is going trump the other its going to be about how fun it is not because One has a bigger name then the other. Plus its sure as hell to early to say it will bomb.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Speedfreak: Heard it here, folks. Analog stick > mouse control for FPSs. You're absolutely barmy.

He said he preferred analog stick, not that it's better. I'm the same and I've had this argument with you a thousand times before. I don't understand how you don't see the difference.

Posted by Speedfreak

My mistake. Given a choice of two, Vampiro prefers the lesser choice.

Quoted post: Heard it here, folks. Analog stick > mouse control for FPSs. You're absolutely barmy.

Please, stop being a flipping moron. I'm sorry I can't prefer one style of control over something that's universally accepted as being the best way to control **** knows what. Good *** you're ridiculous some times.

Quoted post: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Right, right, so whenever someone buying a Wii lists their games, and Red Steel is always the second one after Zelda, you don't think that means it'll at least sell a cool few million.

You're nuts, I'm totally quoting you on this. We'll see What happens at launch, shall we?

All right. But if you think 9 million units will be sold, who do you think half of those console will go to? Casual gamers most likely, and Rayman is definitely going to appeal to them more. I just don't think Red Steel will shape up like everyone wants it to.

Quoted post: Plus how does this not Bode well for Far Cry and Red Steel? The artical clip speedy posted said that even with the basic of wii controlls it made the game a lot more fun then its cross system brothers. And this is with a game from a developer who is hardly great and a game thats not even finished.

I think it bodes well for future games, games not even announced yet and the ones I'll really be excited for. But Red Steel and Far Cry are subpar in my opinion. It's not a fact, it's just my opinion. I've played Far Cry a thousand times and Red Steel looks like first-gen garbage to me. Could be completely wrong and I could end up absolutely loving it. But I'm just going by what I've seen.

Quoted post: And how the hell will Red Steel be stomped by Ray Man or it will Bomb? Their two different platforms aimed at two different types of games. Chances are that these gamers wont give a flying **** about the other game. If either game is going trump the other its going to be about how fun it is not because One has a bigger name then the other. Plus its sure as hell to early to say it will bomb.

I never said Rayman would outsell Red Steel because it's Rayman. It's going to do better because it's what the console is basically built for, what its niche will be. Wii is being built for casual gamers, and this game is right down their alley. Red Steel is for the hardcore, and I have a feeling more casual gamers will have the Wii than hardcore by the end of the year. Once again, I could be wrong. But I guess we'll see *shrugs*

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: Yet it has no online component...

Playing games offline with your mates is much more fun than online. It may not have online but I'd rather play with my mates on next gen controls than strangers on last gen controls.

Quoted post: Playing games offline with your mates is much more fun than online. It may not have online but I'd rather play with my mates on next gen controls than strangers on last gen controls.

The only game my friends will play is SSBM or Goldeneye. So that's not an option for me. I'd still want online though, because I work and so do they, do it's not often we have a similar enough schedule to waste our time playing CoD3 on the Wii

Posted by Bebop

I don't play alot of the same games with my friends. Perhaps youre friends will change their view on playing a genre they might not like when they try the controls. After all the one of the main points of Wii's philosohpy is getting people who might not play many games at all.

Quoted post: I don't play alot of the same games with my friends. Perhaps youre friends will change their view on playing a genre they might not like when they try the controls. After all the one of the main points of Wii's philosohpy is getting people who might not play many games at all.

Nah, I've known them long enough. If anything they would really hate the new controls, and apparently do so far.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because they have experienced them for themselves, lol.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Please, stop being a flipping moron. I'm sorry I can't prefer one style of control over something that's universally accepted as being the best way to control **** knows what. Good *** you're ridiculous some times.

You can have your opinion, I just happen to think it's wrong.

Quoted post: Because they have experienced them for themselves, lol.

Ah, the intricacies of forming an opinion based on personal knowledge, videos and information. You think it's going to be great right? Have you played it? Yeah.

Quoted post: You can have your opinion, I just happen to think it's wrong.

Care to explain how I could possibly be wrong about something like preference of controls? Seriously, I don't get it at all.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Speedfreak: Because they have experienced them for themselves, lol.

...and they don't want to. It's not hard to tell what it's going to be like. If you're already saying it improves gameplay, then they can sure as hell already not like it.

Also, drop the mouse argument, it's absurd.

Posted by Speedfreak

When pretty much every single games journalist out there says you have to actually play a Wii to understand what it's about, the "I know I won't like it when I try" arguement becomes bunk.

Quoted post: [FONT=Book Antiqua]Care to explain how I could possibly be wrong about something like preference of controls? Seriously, I don't get it at all.[/FONT]

Mice are better for aiming, quite simply. You don't see any professional gamers using controllers in tourneys, and Dreamcast players got whipped in UT by PC players because of their better profeciency with aiming.

Posted by s0ul

He's not saying controllers are better, he's saying he likes to use them more.

Posted by Speedfreak

And I'm saying his preference for something inferior is retarded. Problem?

Posted by s0ul

You're just trying to argue with him, and it looks stupid. You prefer Wii to its two competitors even though it is, by a wide margin, inferior.

What's that? It's gameplay is superior because of its controller? Hey, what do you know, that's what Vamp is saying about using controllers instead of a mouse.

Quoted post: When pretty much every single games journalist out there says you have to actually play a Wii to understand what it's about, the "I know I won't like it when I try" arguement becomes bunk.

These kids aren't journalists. These kids don't even like games. I understand Nintendo's whole goal is to get more people playing games, but I think I know my friends a bit better than you, and I think they know themselves better than anyone else. They won't like it, at all. There's no argument to be had about this.

Quoted post: Mice are better for aiming, quite simply. You don't see any professional gamers using controllers in tourneys, and Dreamcast players got whipped in UT by PC players because of their better profeciency with aiming.

That has nothing to with anything. I think I know mice are better for aiming and are far more precise. But what the **** do I care? I don't like using a mouse and keyboard. I don't care if my opinion is wrong or retarded, because it's just what I prefer. I could be the stupidest man on the planet for saying that, but so be it. I'm not going to play something I don't enjoy just because Speedfreak says I'm wrong for not liking it. Christ, it's moments like this that make me laugh so ****ing hard at the fact that you ever called me a moron.

Posted by Klarth

Playing online: Playing competitively to climb up a ladder and prove your worth etc.

Playing with mates: Having a good laugh; just a bit of fun.

Playing online with mates: it's like they're there but they're not

Quoted post: Playing online: Playing competitively to climb up a ladder and prove your worth etc.

Playing with mates: Having a good laugh; just a bit of fun.

Assuming it's not ranked, those two are usually no different. The CoD community are actually pretty decent people.

Posted by Klarth

So, bizarrely enough, are my friends.

Hey, I was just about to loop this thread right back for a second. Good thing I caught myself.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=s0ul]You prefer Wii to its two competitors even though it is, by a wide margin, inferior.

The games are better, more interesting and cheaper. I think that, by a pretty wide margin, makes it superior. Everything 360 and PS3 have over Wii are only magnified on PC anyway.

[quote=s0ul]What's that? It's gameplay is superior because of its controller? Hey, what do you know, that's what Vamp is saying about using controllers instead of a mouse.

Apples and organges. I prefer the Wii controller because it offers greater depth of play, greater immersion, it's much more intuitive and gives people who don't usually give games a second thought the chance to stop ripping on this kicka[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s pasttime so much.

Thumbsticks offer nothing over keyboard/mouse for FPSs that the Wii controller won't have (which is what this conversation stemmed from).

[quote=Vampiro] These kids aren't journalists. These kids don't even like games.

Then why even bring them up in a game-related discussion?
Though, quite frankly, a kid that doesn't like to play in any sense of the word isn't a human being in my opinion.

[quote=Vampiro]That has nothing to with anything. I think I know mice are better for aiming and are far more precise. But what the **** do I care? I don't like using a mouse and keyboard. I don't care if my opinion is wrong or retarded, because it's just what I prefer.

No one "just prefers" something for the hell of it, there's usually a reason. This isn't food we're talking about, or a sexual preference, the reason you prefer a controller is easily quantifiable. I just can't help but notice that you refuse to say why. Lord knows it would've helped your arguement if you did. In my opionion you're just overly pessimistic about everything, and can't accept the notion that a change might actually be a good change, despite the mounting evidence against you.

Quoted post: Then why even bring them up in a game-related discussion?
Though, quite frankly, a kid that doesn't like to play in any sense of the word isn't a human being in my opinion.

I didn't bring them up. Also, they don't like "video games," better?

Quoted post: No one "just prefers" something for the hell of it, there's usually a reason. This isn't food we're talking about, or a sexual preference, the reason you prefer a controller is easily quantifiable. I just can't help but notice that you refuse to say why. Lord knows it would've helped your arguement if you did. In my opionion you're just overly pessimistic about everything, and can't accept the notion that a change might actually be a good change, despite the mounting evidence against you.

I'M BUYING A WII ON THE FIRST DAY IT COMES OUT, I'VE BEEN EXCITED FOR IT SINCE THE DAY IT WAS ANNOUNCED, AND I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST FEW TO DEFEND IT. LOL. I'm not against the Wii in any way whatsoever. I can't wait to play it. I just don't care for the first-gen games. It's much like the DS really. I know the games are going to suck for awhile, I know the controls won't be properly used, and I know everything will be "just OK." But lord, I also know, a year down the road, I'll love the thing and probably never look back. Much like the DS. So I have no idea what you're talking about there.

As for the mouse/pad thing, I can't believe you even care this much. I prefer a pad because I can't stand the keyboard. I just hate how my hand it positioned and how it feels. I hate the combination of the keyboard with the mouse. I hate using the mouse for everything that's not an FPS, and I hate sitting in front of my computer to play a game when there's a bed and nice TV right beside me. For all of these reasons, a pad is much, much better in my eyes. Even if the sticks are "inferior" the button layout, on, say, a 360 pad is so comfortable and right that I don't care. I don't even notice that I lack some precision, and I honestly don't mind at all. Fair? Can you drop it now? Because you seem to care about my preferences a lot more than I do.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]As for the mouse/pad thing, I can't believe you even care this much. I prefer a pad because I can't stand the keyboard. I just hate how my hand it positioned and how it feels. I hate the combination of the keyboard with the mouse. I hate using the mouse for everything that's not an FPS, and I hate sitting in front of my computer to play a game when there's a bed and nice TV right beside me. For all of these reasons, a pad is much, much better in my eyes. Even if the sticks are "inferior" the button layout, on, say, a 360 pad is so comfortable and right that I don't care. I don't even notice that I lack some precision, and I honestly don't mind at all. Fair? Can you drop it now? Because you seem to care about my preferences a lot more than I do.

I agree with everything you just said, and that's exactly why I asked you to explain why you hate keyboard and mouse, I figured it'd be for those reasons.
But I think your assumption that the Wii controller sucks for FPSs because it's like a mouse is totally bullshit. The controller offers the functionality of a mouse, that is to say better aiming, whilst being more comfortable than a mouse and keyboard. In fact, it could even be more comfortable than regular controllers because your hands are independent, and aren't fixed to the same point, and for many games can be resting at completely independent angles. I actually intend to play with my arms crossed at the wrist on my lap, which is a much more natural resting position than gripping a pad with both hands.

Quoted post: But I think your assumption that the Wii controller sucks for FPSs because it's like a mouse is totally bull****. The controller offers the functionality of a mouse, that is to say better aiming, whilst being more comfortable than a mouse and keyboard. In fact, it could even be more comfortable than regular controllers because your hands are independent, and aren't fixed to the same point, and for many games can be resting at completely independent angles. I actually intend to play with my arms crossed at the wrist on my lap, which is a much more natural resting position than gripping a pad with both hands.

Oh, I don't believe I said I have a problem with the Wii controller. I think future FPSs will be amazing. I do have a problem with Red Steel and Far Cry though. I do not have a problem with the mechanics or the controller however. I just think, down the road, developers will be making an FPS game that has far better controls. Something I can truly get behind and enjoy.

But yeah, don't misconstrue my words and think I don't like the Wii controller for FPSs. Because that's completely wrong.