Which Mario Kart had the worst tracks?

Posted by Bebop

Mario kart 64. Clearly.

Moo Moo Farm? Fuck off.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, I only really liked 3 of the MK64 tracks, and it had the worst Rainbow Road in the series.

Posted by Arcadios

Meh, I loved the music for that Rainbow road. :(
But I see where you're comming from, if we can include handheld then I say Super Circut.

Posted by Dexter

Definitely the Mario 64 tracks, but I feel it was because they were against Diddy Kong Racing tracks, which were far superior.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Arcadios: if we can include handheld then I say Super Circut.

Super Circuit had tracks from the original though. :(

I'd probably say 64 too, I didn't think too much of them, to be honest.

Posted by Colonel

I never really had a problem with the tracks of the Mario Kart series. If i had to pick it WOULD be Mario Kart 64 even though the desert level with the train wins.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: Definitely the Mario 64 tracks, but I feel it was because they were against Diddy Kong Racing tracks, which were far superior.

Didnt DDKR come afterwards?

Toad's Turnpike on reverse was awesome though. I did think it had the best battle maps though.

Posted by muffla

I dont know about the worst traks but my favorite tracke ver was Peaches sky garden in super circut and ds

Posted by Kiyoshi

Mario Kart Double Dash for game cube. Baby Park is the worst.

Posted by Zeta

Baby Park is awesome. Gets so chaotic during the final few laps, when there's ****loads of items flying around everywhere.

DS version of the course fails though. Fewer laps, and it's just not as good without the Giant Bananas and Bowser Shells scattered around.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I don't like the way it's set up is all. I don't like it. Neither the game cube one or the DS one.

Posted by GameMiestro

I could make a wisecrack here about how the DS version is the worst for including that figure 8 track...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aida: Mario Kart Double Dash for game cube. Baby Park is the worst.

Whether or not you think Baby Park is bad (for some reason) the GC version has far better course than all the others.

Posted by Breakman

Man, I love MK64. It's probably my favorite, inching in front of DS and SNES, for a variety of reasons. Some of the tracks were erally pretty terrible, like Moo moo Farm and Yoshi's Giant Weird-*** Sprawl of Random Narrow Trails You Can Easily Get Lost On and Fall Off Of, but a ot of the tracks, like both the ice ones, DK's jungle, all the Circuit tracks (ESPECIALLY Wario Stadium, definately one of my favorite tracks in the entire Mario Kart series), etc. are really cool. And I loved the Rainbow Road, though Double Dash's is more interesting and SNES's has superior music, it was really nice and long and gave you a good sense of 'this is the final track in the game' with its length and highly suiting music.

If I had to pick worst, dare I say it and curse myself with 10,000 flames, Mario Kart. Oh yeah, it was the best back in the day. Oh yeah, i absolutely adore just about anything on the Super Nintendo. Oh yeah, it was the first, the OG, the one that gave the series life, the very first Kart racer to my knowledge that would later spawn an entire sub-genre of games. Oh yeah, the music is great, the graphics aren't bad for the time, and the gameplay overall was really fun. But come on, compare it to the rest of the series, now: There are like, 4+ iterations of like EVERY track. They all look the same, and have the same music. Many tracks are just plain-out annoying; no MK64 track I can think of is anywhere near as infuriating as half of the Bowser Castles and Ghost Houses in Mario Kart SNES. And it took me VERY long time, even when the game was brand new and I played it regularly at my cousin's, to get used to the Mode 7 graphics in which the walls were by no means raised up above teh rest of the track and things like that; I hated the fact that you could almost never find REALLY GOOD shortcuts, even when ingeniusly using feathers (the tracks seemed to be built juuust right so that you'd be 1 pixel from making a huge jump with the feather if you timed it absolutely perfectly); and until you learn how to brake-turn, all the tracks are at last 20 times more annoying than they were meant to be.

Overall, though I adore the game itself and think SNES's Rainbow Road is quite possibly the greatest of them all if for no other reason than the music alone, I think that compared to the future games the tracks are overall pretty lackluster and repetitive. They're great in small doses, like on MKDS, but all at once, any other Mario Kart has enough variety to say they have a better collection of tracks. I've never really played Super Circuit, though, so you know, but if its tracks in DS are any indication, it's at least decent.

Posted by JRequalizer

The older one.