Excuse me, but...

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Pardon my intrusion, but I must as this question: If this is a role-play forum, why are there no role plays? I lament to say that, despite its title, I see only fanfictions here!

Why is this forum called role plays, if they are devoid of them, and not fanfictions, which seem to run amuck here?

For example, if I post a story and want no one to reply to it unless it involves criticism and/or new ideas, that's a fanfiction, not a role play.

However, if I post a story and invite people to take part in them (controlling their own characters, of course), then that is a role play.

Would someone care to explain this otherwise inexplicable phenomenon? x.x

Posted by Arcadios

We have a story going on.
We(Myself, Wally The Weird, Riku DBA, Sak) take turns on making chapters with the characters we have created, so it is a fanfiction but I Link decided to make a sub-forum away from the actual fanfiction board.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, this board was crappily named. It's more of a Fan Fiction board.

Or whatever, idk.

Posted by Sak

Okay here's the whole story...

Me, Patsy, RDBA, and Wally decided to make a fan fic. We originally put the thread in the KH Board cuz we were really stupid back then, but it was moved to the literature board or whatever. We posted in it yadda yadda yadda Klarth was being a dick and thought we were doing a roleplaying thing so he locked the thread. Then good 'ol Linko came along and got us this subforum which was incorrectly named Roleplaying because the idiotic mods didn't realise that we were actually doing a multi - author fan fic. And to this day ppls write fan fics and stories about Kingdom Hearts in this thread (well there are basically only TWO ongoing stories right now even though most ppls don't know that the second exists.) The End.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

...Ah. So opening a role play on this site is out of the question, then?

Posted by Riku Dark Badass

correct but thanks for asking