MegaUpload

Posted by WackoHater2

How do I download a song from MegaUpload?

Posted by Zeta

There should be a window in the upper-right with one of those 'Enter three letters' things. Do that, and then wait until the countdown finishes and click 'Download'.

Posted by WackoHater2

I guess I didn't make the question specific enough. Sorry. I have never really use MU before. I need to find a song first. How do I find a song to download?

Posted by Zeta

I don't think you can search MU for whatever you want. You'll have to find a link to a download page somewhere on the internets.

Posted by WackoHater2

Crap. Oh well. Thanks anyway. Do you know of any decent P2P clients I could download for music purposes? LimeWire and FrostWire don't work for me.

Posted by Phantasma2

1. Go to VUR's VGC's Upload Thread. (most of it is metal and trance)
2. Get a link from there
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Just use torrents or find someone who's willing to share their music with you.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Panic: Crap. Oh well. Thanks anyway. Do you know of any decent P2P clients I could download for music purposes? LimeWire and FrostWire don't work for me.

http://www.slsknet.org/

Posted by WackoHater2

Thanks Raptor.

Posted by Trigger

I was about to say, "Or use a real method to download, like Soulseek," but I see that my input has already been made on my behalf.

I never did like Soulseek...

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vampiro: I never did like Soulseek...

That's fine. I'm not that into black metal anyways.

Megaupload is quite an obnoxious site, as are most sites with heavy advertising.

Quoted post: That's fine. I'm not that into black metal anyways.

I could probably find more stuff easier if I used it, I'm sure.

Posted by WackoHater2

Soulseek has been okay. I have been using it for a few days. I can usually find what I want, although the downloads are much slower than LimeWire. But it works, so I can't complain. Thanks again Raptor.

Posted by Trigger

I miss WinMX. :(

Posted by WackoHater2

As do I.

Posted by Philsdad

DC++ is excellent as well. Most underrated file sharing program ever.

Posted by Xenos

Aye, though I have a lot of difficulty using it for some odd reason - when I finally get some spare time you have to show me again on how to use it!

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Philsdad: DC++ is excellent as well. Most underrated file sharing program ever.

I agree. I'm quite satisfied with some of the hubs I've found on there. I'm not much for Soulseek, but will use it on occassion to find music that's not too obscure but would be hard for me to find using the other programs and sites I'm used to (the bands Skrewdriver or Cock Sparrer for instance). I also use BitTorrent, a site that has a massive list of assorted cds the owner put on megaupload, and a forum dedicated to megaupload. On top of that, I talk to a few people over instant messenger who have stuff I like. Still, I buy large amounts of music whenever I can.

If anyone needs the link to that metal cd site, the DC++ hub name, the torrent site (K-T so you don't waste your time), or the megaupload/rapidshare forum, just send me a pm for the links.

Posted by KoH

I use them all. :)

PS: Rapidshare.de > MU.

That is, if you find a working username + password for it for a month or so. But if you're creative, resourceful, and most importantly, intelligent, it shouldn't be difficult in the least bit.