WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007

Posted by Crazy K

Well I posted this here, mainly because it will be on PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360. Anyways who will be getting this game once it hits the stores? I plan on getting it around christmas time.

Anyways I want to speak of some improvments I would love to see in the next game. Xbox 360's version probably will improve in many of these areas.

Less collision. I don't mind it much cause it rarely bothers me, but it could be improved. It kinda gets bad when you have a guy's hand going through someone's head.

Improved Season. I believe last years (WWE SD 2006) lacked many aspects of the previous Season modes, it was just boring this time around. I hope this time it's far more longer and more interesting.

General Manager mode. It would be nice seing new additions to the GM mode. I thought of one a wile ago that when you start a rivalry with someone you can create a scenario to which they either beat each other up or whatever. It would be more fun.

Imroved weapon attacks. It got really boring hitting a guy over the head with a chair nonstop with the same attack. It would be cool if all 4 directional pads made a different kind of hit.

Anyways that is just some ideas I have.

Posted by Bebop

I never liked wrestling games. The characters are dumb and the fighting never seemed to be as intense or as fast as the real thing. Which of course is ironic because its all fake :p:

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'll get it. And I've got no doubt it'll be as big of an improvment as '06 was over SvR. Of course, there is no way to tell until I play it.

The biggest thing I want to see overhauled is the season mode. I want it a little less linear, a little bit longer (by little I mean a lot), and more involved.

Posted by Crazy K

I would like to see the season mode being branched with the GM mode, so if you do good wile playing in your Raw or Smackdown Matches it goes over to your GM mode with more fans or whatever.

Another thing would be to be able to choose the direction during season in a better fashion. For example, being able to choose if you want to start out as an up and comer and go for the non important matches (this being able to help you develop your own created wrestler only). Also the ability to choose if you want to go for the tag team titles or whatever title you feel like doing so.

Another thing I would love to see is the ability to betray your own brand by signing up with the opposing brand. This could end up having a feud which would be nice. I also agree that there should be a much longer season.

I would also love to see an improvement on the "Create an entrance", but wouldn't it be sweet if you could create your own music? Much like that MTV generator game that was made years ago? I don't mind the create an entrance all that much, but they should add more to it.

I also want to see the return of the Hardcore matches (was in 2006, but you were unable to go to different areas to wrestle like it previous games) where you can just flat out go all around the arena.

Also I just thought of an awesome new mode. In SD VS raw, and 2006 there is a extra thing where you complete tasks to earn points and such. Well it would be nice to add classic match venues, Like in the WCW Havoc when they had the execution chamber, which could be quite enjoyable. Or the 3 cages from the WCW not to long ago. Since the WWE has the rights to do so I don't see why they wont use them. I also hope they have the ECW wrestlers added to the game, I know ECW sucks now but the more you can choose the better.

Anyways the elimination chamber could be fixed up a bit, add in some weapons or an area where you can grab them from.

[Quote=Bebop]I never liked wrestling games. The characters are dumb and the fighting never seemed to be as intense or as fast as the real thing. Which of course is ironic because its all fake

The way to go is to just make your own characters. The create a wrestler mode for the SD series has improved greatly and in my opinion has the best create a character mode ever in any game as of yet.

Posted by WackoHater2

Do you know the release date for the game? I heard it was being delayed. If it comes out before Christmas, it's number two on my list (right below a coral pink DS Lite).

Posted by Crazy K

Sometime during November. I'm guessing on a tuesday.

Posted by WackoHater2

Awesome, thanks.

Posted by Crazy K

No problem, I'm a huge fan of the WWE Smackdown series.

Posted by boomstick

I'll probably buy it later, but doubtfully when it first comes out, lately the SD games have not been worth the $50 price tag, though still good games.

Posted by WackoHater2

It gives me a reason to give my PS2 some attention, and give wrestling some attention too. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas. I don't want a lot this year, but that game is on the list for sure.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=boomstick]I'll probably buy it later, but doubtfully when it first comes out, lately the SD games have not been worth the $50 price tag, though still good games.

I'll probably get it around Christmas time, since I want to get Counter-strike and Shadow of the Colossus for my b-day coming. But yes I agree with you about the recent SD vs Raw games being not worth the $50 you have to dish out for it. But I am a big fan of the series (not so much pro wrestling anymore).

[Quote=Panic]It gives me a reason to give my PS2 some attention, and give wrestling some attention too. I'll probably ask for it for Christmas. I don't want a lot this year, but that game is on the list for sure.

It's a good series to get into, but I still believe WWE SD HCTP was the best thus far, so I'm waiting for something that has yet to be as good as HCTP.

Anyways I hope to start playing my PS2 online with the likes of WWE SD Vs Raw 2007. I have yet to really play any games online against anyone, especially on my PS2, so I hope to start with SD Vs Raw 2007.