The Five Pillars game (kinda like Archmage was)

Posted by Zanster

Has anyone here played Archmage? I had a guild there and played for nearly a year, it was pretty sweet. I found another game similar to how Archmage was, but there are some different features to it.

Well, The Five Pillars (http:/thefivepillars.org) is a free to play browser MMORPG. You have a chance to play one of five diferent types of mages:
Red, Mountain, fire based magic.
Black, Swamp, dark magic.
Blue, Glaciers, ice based magic.
White, Plains, techno magic.
Green, Forest, natural magic.
Gain one turn every 5-7 minutes then use your turns to explore with your mage to gain land, convert your new land into buildings to gain resources, then use magic or money to summon/recruit an army. Then use your army to attack other people and steal their land. Each colour of mage has access to a range of spells and units unique to them and access to some units/spells of the other colours.

The great fun of the game for me is banding together with other mages into a guild to try to achieve server domination. The servers are reset about every three months with the top ranked Mages being granted a spot in the Hall Of Fame. Endless variation of game style and a huge choice of stragtegies to follow give a suprisingly addictive game. It is quite easy to learn to play but challenging to play well.