The mainstream have more fun

Posted by Klarth

Someone posted this over at another forum, and I felt it warranted discussion.

[quote]Imagine.
Imagine being about to walk into a club/pub and actually enjoying the music they play there!
Imagine being about to buy games by EA and really really enjoying them!
Imagine paying less for CDs because all your favorite artists are top 40s stuff and find themselves discounted early on.
Imagine being able to look past your partner's stupidity and shortcomigns in personality because you're too dumb to see them.
Imagine having a selection of 20 radio stations you enjoy listening to, instead of 1.
Imagine being able to use myspace and not feel like a prick doing so.
Imagine if your friends not only didn't care, but actively encouraged conformity in dress.
Hell, just imagine being able to listen to all the same music and watch the same movies and television as all your friends and family.
Imagine being able to get excited over PS3.
Imagine the government doing things you like the idea of.
Sometimes I wish I had bad taste. :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth:
Imagine having a selection of 20 radio stations you enjoy listening to, instead of 1.
Imagine the government doing things you like the idea of.

I imagine those 2 things quite a lot.

Posted by mis0

If you guys are so counter-culture to where you actually worry about half of those things, then you're just as stupid as people who blindly follow mainstream culture. I mean, if I walk into a bar, I'm not going to leave because they play Linkin' Park, or because I have never heard of the band that's playing. That is stupid. And Hell, I could even apply myself a little bit and have somefun, too!

I like both mainstream and non-mainstream media, I have both stylish/trendy clothes, and stuff that is my own style, I use Myspace not to make a huge whore of myself, but rather to keep in touch with fwith friends and work with classmates on school stuff, etc. It allows me to actually have fun instead of conforming myself to one idea of either popular or alternative culture. And it should be the right way to do things.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Misoxeny: That is stupid.

Did I say that? Did I say any different? Of course not. Next time don't generalise 5 people in one thread. That is stupid.

Posted by mis0

What was the first word in my post, Bebop? Now, shut your face.

Posted by Bebop

O I C WHAT YOU DID THERE. You and I both know thats not what you meant at first ;-*

Posted by mis0

No, that's actually what I meant. I know it's hard to believe it when it's right there in front of your face! It's not my fault you can't read, moron.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Misoxeny: If you guys are so counter-culture to where you actually worry about half of those things, then you're just as stupid as people who blindly follow mainstream culture. I mean, if I walk into a bar, I'm not going to leave because they play Linkin' Park, or because I have never heard of the band that's playing. That is stupid. And Hell, I could even apply myself a little bit and have somefun, too!

I like both mainstream and non-mainstream media, I have both stylish/trendy clothes, and stuff that is my own style, I use Myspace not to make a huge whore of myself, but rather to keep in touch with with friends and work with classmates on school stuff, etc. It allows me to actually have fun instead of conforming myself to one idea of either popular or alternative culture. And it should be the right way to do things.

Hey, I agree with almost every part of this!

Posted by Klarth

and another stupid e-argument begins

I'm pretty balanced. :/ I'm not intentionally anti-mainstream - Plenty of popular stuff I like. Snakes on a Plane, Simpsons, a few popular bands like Tool and Muse - I just tend to passionately HATE people who dismiss anything that isn't popular.

Posted by Arcadios

I can consider myself in the borderline.
At times I lean toward mainstream but then I switch over to non-mainstream.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Misoxeny: No, that's actually what I meant. I know it's hard to believe it when it's right there in front of your face! It's not my fault you can't read, moron.

Look, there's no point in lying. You're only lying to yourself which is pathetic. Just forget it every happened, wipe those eyes and click the top right hand corner of your browser.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Misoxeny: If you guys are so counter-culture to where you actually worry about half of those things, then you're just as stupid as people who blindly follow mainstream culture. I mean, if I walk into a bar, I'm not going to leave because they play Linkin' Park, or because I have never heard of the band that's playing. That is stupid. And Hell, I could even apply myself a little bit and have somefun, too!

I like both mainstream and non-mainstream media, I have both stylish/trendy clothes, and stuff that is my own style, I use Myspace not to make a huge whore of myself, but rather to keep in touch with fwith friends and work with classmates on school stuff, etc. It allows me to actually have fun instead of conforming myself to one idea of either popular or alternative culture. And it should be the right way to do things.

I also agree with every bit of this. You likely wont have much social interaction, or even much fun in life being completely counter-cultural. I mean who's to say you can't like non-mainstream bands like Dream Theater and Blind Guardian, as well as mainstream bands like Yellowcard and Panic! at the Disco? Same logic can be applied to anything: Movies, TV, clothes, etc..

Either way, those 'Imagine' statements sounded pretty emo to me in the sense of "no one understands me, boo hoo"

Posted by Slade

[quote]Imagine being able to get excited over PS3.
Klarth, did you sneak that one in there? :o It actually made me laugh because it's in exactly the classic spot where a reposter throws one of their own ideas in.

I wish I could like more music a lot. I'm almost too picky about what music I like to listen to for all occaisons. But Miso is right, this whole thing's written in the wrong state of mind. Maybe we should just not care about it as much.

Posted by GameMiestro

Mainstream people have more fun until they're about 20, when they realize that all that crap they invested so much time and money in is not going to help their career much.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Klarth: and another stupid e-argument begins
ONLY because Bebop is so ****ing stupid that he can't comprehend two-letter words. Nobody else saw it as an attack, and it wasn't one.
[quote]I'm pretty balanced. :/ I'm not intentionally anti-mainstream - Plenty of popular stuff I like. Snakes on a Plane, Simpsons, a few popular bands like Tool and Muse - I just tend to passionately HATE people who dismiss anything that isn't popular.

And that's the way it should be - take the best that you can from popular and alternative cultures and enjoy yourself.

Posted by Klarth

[QUOTE=Slade]Klarth, did you sneak that one in there? :o It actually made me laugh because it's in exactly the classic spot where a reposter throws one of their own ideas in.
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/journal.php?action=view&amount=single&userid=1049&entryid=12631

Posted by Speedfreak

Read the first 3, the sentence "Imagine being stupid, nothing would worry you!" entered my mind.

EDIT: After reading all of your posts, I, quite frankly, win the bloody thread.

Posted by Philsdad

I used to have an aversion to pretty much anything trendy, but then I grew up, and now I just don't care either way. I listen to what I like, watch what I like, and wear whatever I want. If any of those things that I like happen to be either mainstream or underground, so be it. As it turns out, about 95% of what I listen to is underground, and probably considered "weird" by most people. But when you're into viking/folk metal, Romanian gypsy music, 70s prog, and other less common genres, that's just how it works out.. I guess the 70s prog is about the most mainstream thing I'm into musically, at least the more well known bands like King Crimson.

But anyway, if you truly like something, then it won't matter if one other person, or a million other people are into it. I feel bad for people who judge things this way because they're probably missing out on a lot of stuff they could potentially like but will never hear, just because of their own shallowness.

Posted by maian

lol

Mainstream people, and anti-mainstream people are ridiculous. What happened to the days where people had their own preferences, and didn't follow one of two trends?

Gawd.

Posted by Arwon

Public service announcement:

No-one who likes metal should be allowed to comment on this subject. YOUR OPINIONS ON CULTURE ARE SIMPLY NOT VALID.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Imagine me giving a shat.
oh wait

funny how he insulted someone's taste and then went on and on about how balanced he is. Seems hypocritial.
This is going to be the stupidest dicussion ever. It's people giving a shat about whether or not people think they give a shat. I elect to throw a chair across the room at Arwon for taking my baby daddy.

Posted by cas

Quoting maian: lol

Mainstream people, and anti-mainstream people are ridiculous. What happened to the days where people had their own preferences, and didn't follow one of two trends?

Gawd.

There simply isnt eleventy billion options out there. But thats besides the point. The point is, it is better to be the ones whos personal preferences match mainstream culture. You can go into a bar and enjoy the music, rather than the music just being there. Like watching a good show on TV vs just watching anything for the sake of watching TV.

Posted by Linko_16

The things I like are mostly less-than-mainstream, and of course it causes a little bit of friction with people or whatever, but it's not that big a deal.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Arwon: Public service announcement:

No-one who likes metal should be allowed to comment on this subject. YOUR OPINIONS ON CULTURE ARE SIMPLY NOT VALID.

I slay you with my guitar for 12 exp.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Misoxeny: ONLY because Bebop is so ****ing stupid that he can't comprehend two-letter words. Nobody else saw it as an attack, and it wasn't one.

Look heere you go again. You got upset and started flaming. You were proven wrong and forgiven. Why wont you just drop it? Its not a big deal. Youre ego has taken a beating before. Why must you continue insulting (going from specific to general I see) in a desperate attempt to escape the BS hole you dug. Move on. Give up. Google.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Bebop, you're always wrong. Get over it.

So. There is a difference between liking mainstream/pop culture for simply liking it, and because everyone else is doing it.

Posted by Fate

AND you're automatically labeled as being a retard or oblivious to the world. How about actually liking mainstream stuff? I see it as a mass appreciation for a certain subject.

Posted by Klarth

Perhaps I should've titled this "the conformists have more fun" considering people are now being hugely defensive because of their mAiNsTr33m roots.

Posted by Fate

With comments like yours, you just perpetuate the idea that mainstream is dumb. I don't go out of my way to be original, it just happens at random. *oscar*

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I used to have an aversion to pretty much anything trendy, but then I grew up, and now I just don't care either way. I listen to what I like, watch what I like, and wear whatever I want. If any of those things that I like happen to be either mainstream or underground, so be it. As it turns out, about 95% of what I listen to is underground, and probably considered "weird" by most people. But when you're into viking/folk metal, Romanian gypsy music, 70s prog, and other less common genres, that's just how it works out.. I guess the 70s prog is about the most mainstream thing I'm into musically, at least the more well known bands like King Crimson.

Phil is spot-on in my case. I was pretty much the same, then I grew up and started listening to whatever I liked. But as Phil said, it just so happens that a good 95% happens to be underground. That's to be expected though, since I can't see black metal ever hitting the mainstream.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Look heere you go again. You got upset and started flaming. You were proven wrong and forgiven. Why wont you just drop it? Its not a big deal. Youre ego has taken a beating before. Why must you continue insulting (going from specific to general I see) in a desperate attempt to escape the BS hole you dug. Move on. Give up. Google.

Um, so I'm a retard because you don't know what "if" means? You should have just dropped the suject or never even have brought it up because what you've just done is proven that your stupidity increases exponentially with each post. Now, you're not going to ward me off or "defeat" me or save your thoroughly shattered ego now with your new "talk down when wrong" demeanor. You lose; you were defeated by two letters before you even made your first post in this thread. Now, please stop. This must be so embarassing for you! :)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

the gay level of this thread has reached maximum. I'm bailing out

[spoiler]in before the "the level just dropped greatly when BJ left! LOL![/spoiler]

Posted by Arwon

Good idea, that'll reduce the gay.

OOOOOOHHHHHH.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Posted by rivercitytecmo

wow, this thread has everything. both the reasons i generally don't come here (retards arguing about inconsequential stuff and getting their feelings hurt by pixeled text) and why i keep coming back (vampy, bj, and omg arwon).

rct's back now? Now all we need is nyar.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Princess Fate: With comments like yours, you just perpetuate the idea that mainstream is dumb. I don't go out of my way to be original, it just happens at random. *oscar*

Aren't you the one who buys expensive, trendy clothes to feel good about yourself? :big_bird:

That's fine. At least she's not doing it simply because everyone else is.

Posted by Klarth

Acting trendy = intentional conformism, I thought.

It's a very fine line. I'm tempted to give her the benefit of the doubt because I like her. :p

Posted by Arwon

Sometimes I wish I could rep my own posts.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Klarth: Aren't you the one who buys expensive, trendy clothes to feel good about yourself? :big_bird:

i don't understand how doing something to make yourself feel good makes you trendy, regardless of the mechanism for doing so.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting rivercitytecmo: i don't understand how doing something to make yourself feel good makes you trendy, regardless of the mechanism for doing so.

Buying trendy stuff to boost your own ego = being trendy. This needs no explanation!

Except you're wrong. Buying stuff in order for your friends to think you're cool = being trendy.

Again - fine line, but there is a difference.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Klarth: Buying trendy stuff to boost your own ego = being trendy. This needs no explanation!

um, yes it does. she's not buying it because she wants to be trendy, she's buying it because it makes her feel good about herself and how well she's doing for herself.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Misoxeny: Um, so I'm a retard because you don't know what "if" means? You should have just dropped the suject or never even have brought it up because what you've just done is proven that your stupidity increases exponentially with each post. Now, you're not going to ward me off or "defeat" me or save your thoroughly shattered ego now with your new "talk down when wrong" demeanor. You lose; you were defeated by two letters before you even made your first post in this thread. Now, please stop. This must be so embarassing for you! :)

Again with the racism. It hasnt done much for your point in the first place and is a sign of weakness when you resort to insults en masse. This type of attitude makes me sick and shouldnt be appreciated. It all goes back to your first point of being 'anti'. it's not tolereated. Be gone vile being. Be gone!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Again with the racism. It hasnt done much for your point in the first place and is a sign of weakness when you resort to insults en masse. This type of attitude makes me sick and shouldnt be appreciated. It all goes back to your first point of being 'anti'. it's not tolereated. Be gone vile being. Be gone!

You're just so stupid. Do you even know what you're saying? Do you know what racism is? Are you aware that appreciated is not the right word to use in that phrase? Do you realise that this entire argument has spawned because you either a) cannot read or b) you don't know what "if" means? And surely you know that your latest post essentially amounts to libel, right?

What, may I ask, the Hell is wrong with you? Do you think that, given anyone else cares, they'd be fooled by your malignant claims and brazen attitude? Yeah, right. Assuming anyone has followed this argument, it is painfully clear that you struggle with two letter words and that you have resorted to name calling to try and retain your façade of invulnerability. If you had just shut up after I pointed out that my post was conditional and applied to each individual reader on their own evaluation of themselves, this wouldn't have happened. But now you've just made it necessary.

To simplify the most important point of the above for you, my post followed this formula: "If you are 'x', then 'y'."

Either you completely missed the first word and just don't want to admit it, or you don't know what it means.

So, just shut the Hell up. You're just embarassing yourself. There is no argument here, well, except "does Bebop know what 'if' means?" Also, for your convenience, refer to the following list of words you should seriously consider learning the definition of. Consider it a gift, from me to you.

Words you need to learn the definition of:

- If
- Racism

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting GameMiestro: Mainstream people have more fun until they're about 20, when they realize that all that crap they invested so much time and money in is not going to help their career much.

Yeah, because certianly being able to schmooze your way up a corporate ladder certainly wont help your career at all.

Dumbass.

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Misoxeny]You're just so stupid. Do you even know what you're saying? Do you know what racism is? Are you aware that appreciated is not the right word to use in that phrase? Do you realise that this entire argument has spawned because you either a) cannot read or b) you don't know what "if" means? And surely you know that your latest post essentially amounts to libel, right?

What, may I ask, the Hell is wrong with you? Do you think that, given anyone else cares, they'd be fooled by your malignant claims and brazen attitude? Yeah, right. Assuming anyone has followed this argument, it is painfully clear that you struggle with two letter words and that you have resorted to name calling to try and retain your fa

Quoting Bebop: Your inital post had no strength and when this was realised to you, your posts became filthy insults. This isnt the way to use a message board. At th end of the day you need to understand and appreciate the fact you were wrong. Whats wrong with you? It's not normal and its very immature.

Are you arguing against yourself, now?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: Are you arguing against yourself, now?

Are you a complete an utter idiot? I guess so :(

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Again you've gone for personal. Your inital post had no strength and when this was realised to you, your posts became filthy insults. This isnt the way to use a message board. At th end of the day you need to understand and appreciate the fact you were wrong. You clearly didnt understand what 'mainstream' was and when notified became crazy. Whats wrong with you? It's not normal and its very immature. Bumfluff. :)

No, I actually didn't do anything wrong, and when I showed you the first word in my post, "if", you went crazy. Watch:

[quote=Misoxeny]
If you guys are so counter-culture to where you actually worry about half of those things, then you're just as stupid as people who blindly follow mainstream culture. I mean, if I walk into a bar, I'm not going to leave because they play Linkin' Park, or because I have never heard of the band that's playing. That is stupid. And Hell, I could even apply myself a little bit and have somefun, too!

Then you overreact, clearly missing the "if":

[quote=Bebop]Did I say that? Did I say any different? Of course not. Next time don't generalise 5 people in one thread. That is stupid.

So, now I'm sorta surprised that you TOTALLY MISSED THE POINT, and I figured you probably didn't read the post very well. So I tried to show you your error in the nicest way I can:

[quote=Misoxeny]What was the first word in my post, Bebop? Now, shut your face.

WHat do you do? Get sarcastic and indignant, implying I'm wrong because I can write a conditional statment, yet you're right because you're incapable of reading one:

[quote=Bebop]O I C WHAT YOU DID THERE. You and I both know thats not what you meant at first ;-*

You're inability to read made me angry, because really, if you're that stupid, you need to spend more time studying English. How many times have I repeated this to you, and you still haven't understood me? About 15 now? Anyway:

[quote=Misoxeny]No, that's actually what I meant. I know it's hard to believe it when it's right there in front of your face! It's not my fault you can't read, moron.

Like I said, you're not fooling anyone now, and you haven't yet. I strongly suggest that you just shut up now. I mean, THERE IT IS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. You failed massively, and were embarassed, and then you made the mistake of arguing with me about it. You lost, deal with it, and get over it. I am sick of your absolute incompitence. It's sickening, and moreso, your behavior when proven wrong is revolting.

Now, we're done here. I've just wiped the floor with you, so STOP POSTING.

Posted by Speedfreak

This is the most entertaining thread ever.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I haven't seen debates like that since kodachi last posted in the flame board. o_o[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

[quote=Misoxeny]No, I actually didn't do anything wrong, and when I showed you the first word in my post, "if", you went crazy. Watch:

Then you overreact, clearly missing the "if":

So, now I'm sorta surprised that you TOTALLY MISSED THE POINT, and I figured you probably didn't read the post very well. So I tried to show you your error in the nicest way I can:

WHat do you do? Get sarcastic and indignant, implying I'm wrong because I can write a conditional statment, yet you're right because you're incapable of reading one:

You're inability to read made me angry, because really, if you're that stupid, you need to spend more time studying English. How many times have I repeated this to you, and you still haven't understood me? About 15 now? Anyway:

Like I said, you're not fooling anyone now, and you haven't yet. I strongly suggest that you just shut up now. I mean, THERE IT IS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. You failed massively, and were embarassed, and then you made the mistake of arguing with me about it. You lost, deal with it, and get over it. I am sick of your absolute incompitence. It's sickening, and moreso, your behavior when proven wrong is revolting.

Now, we're done here. I've just wiped the floor with you, so STOP POSTING.

But is it? You've failed to answer this from the very first time I asked this. Your inability to answer this makes your opinion seem less valid. Wouldnt you agree? Bingo?

[quote=Speedfreak]This is the most entertaining thread ever.

I agree. It just gets easier.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: But is it? You've failed to answer this from the very first time I asked this. Your inability to answer this makes your opinion seem less valid. Wouldnt you agree? Bingo?

I clearly said that was what I meant SEVERAL TIMES, but you're just too stupid to READ MY POSTS. It was obvious from the beginning anyway. the first word of my first post in this thread explained everything you've demanded I answer you: "If". Do you know what "if" means, Bebop? I mean, my post wasn't edited after the fact or anything. You seemingly either CANNOT READ or DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF "IF". Now, you need to answer to basically every question I've asked you. My opinion is just a valid as anyone elses here, but you're stupidity superceeds my ability to effectively communicate very simple concepts because I just don't know how to dumb them down any more.

If your next post is more stupid drivel, I'm not wasting time on it. Why? because I'm right, you're wrong, Wings acknowledged this, and we're done here. You're too stupid to get any concept placed before you, even the concept of a conditional statement like "if". Furthermore, I've proven my point with every single post I make, and all you do is insult me in return because you cannot prove your point, period. Get off the Internet and study some English.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Misoxeny: I clearly said that was what I meant SEVERAL TIMES, but you're just too stupid to READ MY POSTS. It was obvious from the beginning anyway. the first word of my first post in this thread explained everything you've demanded I answer you: "If". Do you know what "if" means, Bebop? I mean, my post wasn't edited after the fact or anything. You seemingly either CANNOT READ or DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF "IF". Now, you need to answer to basically every question I've asked you. My opinion is just a valid as anyone elses here, but you're stupidity superceeds my ability to effectively communicate very simple concepts because I just don't know how to dumb them down any more.

If your next post is more stupid drivel, I'm not wasting time on it. Why? because I'm right, you're wrong, Wings acknowledged this, and we're done here. You're too stupid to get any concept placed before you, even the concept of a conditional statement like "if". Furthermore, I've proven my point with every single post I make, and all you do is insult me in return because you cannot prove your point, period. Get off the Internet and study some English.

But is it?

Obvioulsy you have too much pride to admit you're wrong. Let's agree to disagree.

Posted by Klarth

I'VE CREATED A MONSTER

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Klarth: I'VE CREATED A MONSTER

A hilarous one ;););)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

MY TANK IS FIGHT

Posted by Bebop

[quote=Misoxeny]Like I said, you're not fooling anyone now

I beg to differ. Nazi.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

***WIN'S LAW

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

As I sit here, reading this and stroking my harbl, I am wearing a Green Day shirt and 200 dollar Italian designer jeans (got em for 46 bucks, but that's beside the point) (they are Energie brand, for Fate's information). I enjoy the music of 50 Cent, Trace Adkins, Metallica, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold and Yung Joc as much as I enjoy M1dy, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce, Dragonlord, Nile and Shooter Jennings. I'm a Myspace addict. I like girls who are kinda dumb. I enjoy EA sports games. And guess what? I have more fun than all of you negroes :-*

I know of NOBODY who is excited about the PS3, honestly. The system generating the most hype right now is the Wii. As for the expensive designer clothing argument, the truth is, they are more comfortable, well made, fit better, look better, and last longer, and it just plain makes me feel good to wear them - why, you ask? Not because of anyone's approval. But simply, it's like buying the best paint job available for your car and the best wash and wax vs buying a cheap *** paint job and never washing it. Put simply, it shows how you feel about your car. And with the clothes, it shows how you feel about yourself. I clothe myself with the highest-quality clothing because I feel like I am worth more than just buying ghetto Wal Mart jeans that will fall apart in 4 months. If you spend 80 dollars on one pair of jeans that lasts 5 years or 15 dollars on a pair that lasts 6 months, guess which one will cost you more money over the span of 5 years? Yeah, the lower-quality pair. And you'll look like a homeless bastard, too.

I'm with you, Fate. Consider me a fellow designer-whore.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: ***WIN'S LAW

STUPID MISOXENY + ***WINS LAW = FUNNY WIN

I know two people who are excited for the PS3. They haven't yet been able to give me a reason.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: I know two people who are excited for the PS3. They haven't yet been able to give me a reason.

Because of the fantastic games.

Look Misoxeny I'm sorry. Whatever I said, whatever I did I didn't mean it. i just want you back for good.

Want you back...

Want you back...

Want you back for goooodd!!!

Quoting Bebop: Because of the fantastic games.

Explain yourself.

Posted by Bebop

I was being sarcastic :eat:

You're not very good at it! :cookie:

Posted by Bebop

Sarcasm has alot to do with tone of voice. Next time I post I'll make sure it's load enough.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Wings: I know two people who are excited for the PS3. They haven't yet been able to give me a reason.

...There's a PS3 coming out? I have yet to get myself a PS2. I'm a bit slow when it comes to new technologies, I'm afraid, especially when it comes to gaming.

I really enjoy wearing no pants and showing off my furry legs everywhere I go.

Quoted post: I really enjoy wearing no pants and showing off my furry legs everywhere I go.

I'll be sure to keep this in mind. Might come in handy some day.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Imperial Phantom]I enjoy the music of 50 Cent, Trace Adkins, Metallica, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold and Yung Joc as much as I enjoy M1dy, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce, Dragonlord, Nile and Shooter Jennings.
You put Dragonforce on the wrong side there, buddy.

Not quite. DF would be, if anything, in the middle. Though it's more appropriate in the latter group seeing as how they're nowhere near as well known as artists such as 50 Cent and Metallica.

Posted by Bebop

Wheres Misoxeny when you need her?

Posted by Xenos

[quote]Originally Posted by Imperial Phantom
I enjoy the music of 50 Cent, Trace Adkins, Metallica, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold and Yung Joc as much as I enjoy M1dy, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce, Dragonlord, Nile and Shooter Jennings.
Should I be depressed that I only recognize four names in there? :(

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Klarth]You put Dragonforce on the wrong side there, buddy.They get put on the left side once I start hearing 'em on mainstream radio.

Posted by Klarth

They're on roadrunner. maiiiiinstreeeeeam

Posted by Pit

I'm pretty mainstream.

Posted by Linkman

DragonForce is probably mainstream in England, because well, that's where they're from. And from what I understand, metal is a popular genre there. In the U.S. though, not quite.

Linkman, you're so wrong it's fairly amusing.

Posted by Linkman

Ok, so maybe they're not mainstream in England. That was just an educated guess. Wouldn't know for sure, I don't live there...anymore. They're definitely not mainstream in the the U.S. either. Maybe I'll think differently if I start seeing their music video for Through The Fire and Flames on MTV.

It was the 'they're not popular in the US' comment that I was referring to. :cookie:

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Linkman: DragonForce is probably mainstream in England, because well, that's where they're from. And from what I understand, metal is a popular genre there. In the U.S. though, not quite.

not only are they huge in the USA, but most brits think metal consists of screaming about death and love and sadness and my chemical deathentine heights, so they listen to happy music like 50 cent and fallout boy.

I've noticed a really big ska trend in England lately.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Klarth: not only are they huge in the USA

I never said they weren't popular, I said they weren't mainstream. At least that's what I implied. I know they're popular, VERY popular. But just because they're popular, that doesn't make them mainstream.

Quoting Klarth: but most brits think metal consists of screaming about death and love and sadness and my chemical deathentine heights, so they listen to happy music like 50 cent and fallout boy.

I was dead wrong then. I was, for some reason, always under the impression that metal of all kinds was extremely big in the UK.

Quoting Linkman: But just because they're popular, that doesn't make them mainstream.

...yes it does. If the majority of a group of people like something, that makes it 'mainstream'.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Linkman]
I was dead wrong then. I was, for some reason, always under the impression that metal of all kinds was extremely big in the UK.
two decades out of line, sir

Quoted post: They're on roadrunner. maiiiiinstreeeeeam

RR is a mainstream metal lable. Not a mainstream lable. Big difference.

...how do you not know how to spell 'label'?

THAT'S RIGHT I'M FLEXING MY SPELLING MUSCLE

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]I've noticed a really big ska trend in England lately.

Not that that's a bad thing.

FIRST, SECOND OR THIRD WAVE?

Quoted post: ...how do you not know how to spell 'label'?

lol idk :rolleyes:

Posted by Apathetic

What is the point of this again?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Wings: ...how do you not know how to spell 'label'?

oll poeple meak tpyos wngis cemo no

It's more of the fact that I did it twice in the same post. Though, wouldn't be the first time. I don't know how many times I've said "Seedy" instead of "Speedy."

Yeah, but that's not an error. That's a Freudian slip.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting Linkman: But just because they're popular, that doesn't make them mainstream.

just because something is purple does not mean that it is a mixture of red and blue.

Quoted post: Yeah, but that's not an error. That's a Freudian slip.

Nah. It's just how I type when I haven't slept.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I agree with arwon's point about repping himself

Posted by Bebop

Yeh, so who he likes rap? :eat: