WoW Board

Posted by KoH

(World of Warcraft)

Just do it. It's popular enough and I think it'd attract more people if others would offer info. on the game.

If this has already been suggested and denied then my fault, I haven't been on vgc too much so I don't know.

Posted by Iris

We've already got a computer game board for that discussion.

However, if you want to make a blog specifically for World of Warcraft, I can request one for you.

Posted by Xero

I agree with a WoW blog. I think it would work.

Posted by Klarth

This should be a GREAT HIT with all of the five WoW players who come to mind.

In the unlikely event of your inability to detect my thinly-veiled sacrasm, that's a no.

Posted by Stalolin

But if we get one we can discuss powerleveling techniques, pvp combat, and how many yeti we had to kill to Helcular's Rod!

Drop Rate:

0.52% about(1 in 200) on the cave yeti
0.53% about(1 in 200) from the ferocious yeti
0.08% about(1 in 1000) from the giant yeti
0.08% about(1 in 1000) from mountain yeti

I was up in the 50s.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think this would actually be a pretty good idea. ITs a VERY popular game, and a lot of people tend to find forums by searching for games in google. Hell, just look at how many KH people we got that way. Plus, people like me who dont play but might start soon would appreciate the place to ask questions.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Lord of Spam: I think this would actually be a pretty good idea. ITs a VERY popular game, and a lot of people tend to find forums by searching for games in google. Hell, just look at how many KH people we got that way. Plus, people like me who dont play but might start soon would appreciate the place to ask questions.

Agreed. WoW is still very popular. Worse thing that could happen with the blog is that new members would join only to post in that blog.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Lord of Spam: I think this would actually be a pretty good idea. ITs a VERY popular game, and a lot of people tend to find forums by searching for games in google. Hell, just look at how many KH people we got that way. Plus, people like me who dont play but might start soon would appreciate the place to ask questions.

KH board came -after- the massive influx of those kids.

Make a huge WoW thread and talk will occur

Posted by KoH

Instead of a WoW board, go with an MMO board. A board named "Computer Games" just can't seem to handle all the discussion MMOs seem to bring along with them. Reason why you don't see too much discussion of MMOs on VGC is due to the lack of MMO players which could be attracted through use of a proper board for informative posts and tips.

Just a thought.

You could just make a blog for MMOs in general and see how it plays out. If it's a flunk, pass the concept. Whereas if it's a hit, why not at least put it as a sub category under Computer Games?

Posted by Calamity

I don't see a point in it when there are already established forums and site hubs made specifically for MMORPGs. Most WoW Guilds (of note) have their own forums, and most FFXI Linkshells (of note) have their own forums, then when you take into account huge websites like allakhazam.com...
I just don't see any MMORPG-related section getting much attention on a site like Vgchat, just because there will always be somewhere better/more accessible to post about MMORPG topics.
Also, WoW works by servers (as does FFXI), so... you need a huge amount of playerbase present for any sort of communication to happen after the initial "omg, you play WoW too?" buzz dies down. Otherwise, it's just a handful of strangers on different servers.

Posted by KoH

Of course not. I mean, why would a website based on the very concept of video games actually include discussion of... well... a video game? How utterly bizarre. You're totally right Calamity. Thank you so much for your fantastic and logical input. You are a true benefit to have on the site.

In case you haven't noticed, websites such as Thottbot and Allakhazam actually exist and are so popular due to the actual information it holds. Why the hell would it matter if people are on different servers if the information's the same? Are we going to be talking about server specific information all the time? No.

Edit: Heh... you don't see a point since there are already other sites about it, right? Well... aren't there other sites about video games in general? Such as gamefaqs, IGN, etc? You're basically saying any website that should dare have the same subject as another website is pointless.

Edit 2: Im not gonna make another post just to make the following reply:

"Mk"

Posted by Calamity

Haha, MMORPGs can't really be compared to normal videogames in that regard. :p

But /shrug, prove me wrong I guess, don't care either way. God knows if it happens and survives I'll join in, mayhaps. :)

Posted by Linkman

VGC doesn't really attract major MMO fans, despite their masses. Therefore, there's really no point in a WoW or MMO board.

Posted by KoH

I know. But it could.

Posted by Hyper

Just having the board won't draw people here.

Posted by KoH

Okay, last post to argument why having a WoW board would benefit the site.

Having the board won't, but holding the information that could be posted on it would attract others.

Last post to argue it. I'm not going to continue arguing for a new ****ing board, of all ******* things.

Posted by Iris

The problem is that there'll probably be a limited amount of information posted since it's not incredibly popular. I don't think people interested in WoW will want to join up when they see there's only 5 or so threads in the WoW board.

Like I suggested before, you could always request a blog. We've got a Guild Wars, Gunbound, and Maple Story blog. I'm sure the mods won't mind a WoW blog. Hey, if it gets enough traffic there's a chance it could be turned into a main board.

Posted by KoH

Aw, gee, thanks. You're sweet. I really don't care all that much, though. Request it if you like. Honestly, I'd be somewhat interested in knowing how it turns out. *** knows I'd post in it either way.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

You could make a general MMORPG board for games like FFXI, WoW, EverQuest and so forth.

Posted by Breakman

I don't see why this is even being argued upon.

There's stuff like a 'Game Boy' forum and an Animal Crossing forum here. The talk in ANY of the game boards in general other than Kingdom Hearts seems to be pretty low lately--almost everyone talks in the offtopic boards/blogs from what I've been seeing. and I'd say WoW is at least popular to talk about online as Kingdom Hearts.

Sure, guilds have their own forums, there are plenty of WoW-specific forums on the internet, etc. Are there not tons of forums for Metroid, Mario, Animal Crossing, Nintendo in general, specific systems, and other stuff that this forum already has boards about? I've even been to various Star Fox forums, just about nothing but the Star Fox series, and VGC doesn't even have a board about it (for example). I don't think adding a WoW board would be a big deal at all, and might even attract more activity to some actual on-topic discussion. If people run by VGC and see a WoW board, they might join just to chat it up on it, like a lot of people seem to do for the Kingdom Hearts one. A blog would be nice, and a general MMORPG forum would also be a great idea, but a board specifically for WoW on the main board list would attract more attention and activity, IMHO.

Also, even if not a huge amount of current members play it (I do on and off, and currently am on Sentinels; I would play it constantly if I actually had friends on it) not only would having a board about it reveal MORE current members who DO play it, as they may have not noticed the one big topic about it before, not only would it attract NEW members who play it to post there, not only would it possibly get some current members to think about PLAYING it, but it would give what few meembers we know about currentlyk who DO play it a lot more to talk about and a much beter mediumt o do so than all scrambled up in one topic.

Posted by KoH

Wow. I have to say that I can finally agree with something Breakman said!

Yes, a general MMO forum would benefit a lot of people. Why the **** should there be a Kingdom Hearts forum and not an MMO forum?

JUST DO IT.