Advanced gameplay strategies

Posted by GameMiestro

I've heard some complaints that the later enemies in this game are way too difficult, and in some respects, I can agree with you. However, there is a way to beat them, though it requires a little abuse of the game system as well as the monster AI. I hope this helps anyone who can't figure out how to get further in the game.

- Get a Wacko Rat as your pet, if you don't have it already. You can get it at Island Zeekois.

- Take off all of your attribute points on both your character and your pet, then put them on a follows:
For your pet, first put enough points on it's speed so it has the same speed as the toughest monster you can fight, plus 1. Then, put 20-40 points on MP (depending on how much you think you need). Put EVERYTHING ELSE on MAG.
For your character, put enough points on him so that he has a speed equal to the toughest monster you can fight, plus 2. Then, put everything else on STR.

-Buy Haste and Power Ball at Rio Linda for your pet. From now on, your pet will ONLY use these two spells, and sometimes do normal attacks (to save MP, not to do damage). DO NOT have your pet ever use combat skills (PROF CHAOS discovered that doing so resets you magic levels- bad).

-In battle, your first turn sequences should look something like this:
1. Main character attacks
2. Pet uses Haste on self
3. Main character attacks
4. Pet uses Haste on main character
5. Main character attacks
6. Pet uses Power Ball on main character
7. Enemies attack

After these seven critical turns, have both you and your pet do nothing but attack the closest enemy to you- that is, the enemy who's turn is closest. You may have to use Haste and Power Ball several times in battle at first because they won't last for very many turns until you level them up.

-How does this work? The enemy bots will always attack whoever has the lowest HP, and if the HP levels are tied, they will always attack your pet. Therefore, by increasing your pet's EVA to a huge amount (more MAG=bigger increase), it will dodge every attack used against it. This also means that any kind of DEF or EVA on your main character will not help them at all- instead, use Haste on your main character to increase your guy's speed- more speed= more attacks= less enemy attacks. You will be able to tell this very quickly. Also, Power Ball will vastly increase your STR as well as DEX- making putting attribute points on DEX virtually unessesary. Some of the later monsters cannot be beaten without using Power Ball (Golem is a good example)

-Get combat skills for your main character as soon as you can. Power Up Attack can be bought at the attack shop at Island Zeekois for 400 gold. Much later you can get Mana Attack, a super powerful version of the skill, in Demonic City (right after you beat the Golem).

-Don't bother with offensive magic. Later on, monsters will have such a high MAG DEF that magic will not do any damage to them.

-Equip two weapons on your main character, even if one of them is weak. Do not use a huge sword.

-Always get the smaller versions of Helmets and Boots. You get the same stats for less components.

-Buy enchantments, and then give them to your equiptment at the Cave Cavern Alter. This will give your equiptment huge boosts in STR and DEF.

-Get good equiptment, even if you think you dont need it. If you have a ton of cash (I'm looking at you, Zeta), then buy a bunch of the components at Island Zeekois and make armor and weapons out of them. They will help you immensely early on. Get the top of the line crafting tools if you can afford it. Don't bother combining material- it isn't worth it as of now.

Usually, I tell people strategy and always add the disclaimer that they aren't absolute, and people can modify them if they want. This is not one of those cases. If you modify them in any way, it will hurt you more than help- it seems brutally unfair, and I've told PROF CHAOS this- but for now, this is the best possible way to win.

Have fun...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now, tell us how we're supposed to get past
http://www.vgchat.com/rpg/inferno.php?do=place&id=11

Those guys were made for you!!! :D:D:D:D I got all the way there with out doing any thing like that.

Give one character MAG and SPD and use spells, *think pet* an the other one DEF and speed with one less HP. And give them both healing, haste, and Fire Ball, and as a bonus, Poison, since you can have more than one of the speels going at the same time.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I left some instructions for you, Jesse.

Koloth: I think you should get some enchantments over at Wacko Shop
Koloth: Then equip them to your weapons and armour at the Cave Cavern Alter.

Also, you need to get the spell Power Ball. Build up your STR and SPD on your main character and MAG, MP and SPD on your pet. Trust me, GM had problems, in that area, before I guided him to the spell. There is always a strategy to beating bots. It is almost like you need an instruction book sometimes. At least you or your pet needs to have a higher SPD than Ultimate Wacko.

Follow GM's instructions on fighting the bots. You should beat them. I usually use Super Heal before I use haste. Because it gives you an ultimate shield. But I believe just using haste, with Ultimate Wacko, will be fine. I think I also put some stats, on pet's EVA, as well.

Most valuable spells are:

Haste
Power Ball
Super Heal
Fire Ball (but in Ghost Town it is pretty worthless)

Almost forgot. You really need to get an attack type for your main character. Don't bother with pet though. Because the pet's spell levels get reset. As GM said.

Good Luck, Jesse

PS. I don't think setting up a strategy, to beat bots, is abusing the game or the bots. It is just playing the game.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yeah, I should have said that using a healing spell on one of your characters can be very useful- especially on your main character. Also, Jesse, I got there without Koloth's spell trick- or any spells at all- until I got to the are you got stuck at. All I'm saying is that you might as well level your spells up early on, because you will need them later...