Noob PC Gamer, With a Noob Question...

Posted by ccrocker58

Alright, hopefully I've made it relatively clear that I'm a noob when it comes to PC gaming. I recently got a laptop and seeing as it is officially the most sophistocated computer in my household, I've decided to try my hand at gaming on the PC level.

The game in question is F.E.A.R. It looks like a pretty good game, but out of all the system requirements, the only one my PC falls short of is the processor. The minimum they say is a Pentium 4 1.7GHz...my lap runs an AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6GHz. I've asked a few of my friends if the game would still be playable and none seem sure...So all I want to know is if the game would be able to play although my processor is only a 1.6GHz. I meet all the other requirements, in fact I meet all the recommended requirements (except processor and the exact sound card they list)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It should be... OK. Test it with a demo, or download the free multiplayer pack. That should give you a good indication of whether you even want to bother or not.

Posted by Apathetic

It'll probably lag like a *****, unless you adjust settings.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I wouldnt expect it to run very well, honestly.:/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It won't run well at all. But it should run. Might not be playable, but that's what the demo is for.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

i dont know. it might run allright with low settings. but yeah download the demo first and then try it out