Next Ninja Gaiden PS3 bound!

Posted by Big Boss

[quote]http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158162.html

The game will once again be developed by Tomonobu Itagaki's Team Ninja, and will be the first Ninja Gaiden game since Ninja Gaiden Black for the Xbox. Few details have been released about the game, other than its Japanese release date--spring 2007. However, screenshots released indicate that the blonde-haired Rachel will be a playable character.

I survived, kicked as[color=yellowgreen]s, took names, typed them up in notepad and saved them for later use to resume more ass kicking when playing Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) over and over again. A new NG tournament should be in the horizon! The game that separates men from children, hardcore gamers from whiny wand-wielding maggots, is back! Testosterone levels will rise to new heights in 2007!

TGS makes it difficult to focus on Axis-Aligned Bounding Boxes split into logical Bounding Volumes. :-( [/color]

Posted by Klarth

Whoop. First one was lots of fun, but I'm saddened that it hasn't been announced for the 360.

Also, they cast no shadows!

Posted by Random

HOpefully it'll be on the 360 or that'll be one Ninja Gaiden I don't get my hands on.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Uh, this isn't Ninja Gaiden two. It's Sigma. It's just Black with more moves, levels, weapons, characters, etc. On top of that, there's upgraded graphics and a new camera system. But it's still Black.

There's no way in hell NG2 would be announced this early. Especially with a trailer this soon. However, as pathetic as this may sound, I'm buying a PS3 just for this game. MGS4 is actually in second place now. Still though, I'm not as excited as I should be.

Posted by Bebop

I hated Ninja Gaiden. It was an alright challenge but the story let it down I felt. Good news for PS3 soon to be owners though.

Who gave a **** about the story?

Posted by Bebop

Me, since the gameplay got boring fast I had to focus on something else. The novelty of spinning around and jumping of walls get old quick for me. Actually thinking about it more than game really bored the hell out of me.

More like "why do i keep dying?!"

amirite?

Seriously though, the gameplay might not have a lot of variety, but you should know what you're getting into before you ever play it: a hardcore action game with fighter controls.

Posted by Moogs

Ninja Gaiden is a great game but I WILL not give 600 bucks for it... **** that ****.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

*Snicker* With signs pointing strongly to the 360 getting a port of Metal Gear Solid 4, bb's getting desperate.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Prince Shondronai: *Snicker* With signs pointing strongly to the 360 getting a port of Metal Gear Solid 4, bb's getting desperate.

Oh, so Ninja Gaiden Sigma is an obvious sign to MGS4 getting ported over to the 360...of course, makes perfect sense

Posted by Shade

I don't think that's what he was saying.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Shade32: I don't think that's what he was saying.

Oh, well, I just figured he was since this is a thread about Ninja Gaiden going to the PS3, what else was I suppose to think :/

The obvious signs being that hardly anything this generation is exclusive. MGS4 is most likely a timed exclusive at best. Wouldn't be the first MGS game to do so.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Wow, there's going to be three slightly different versions of the same game? It was a good game, and all, but twice is enough...

Good game? It was the best game ever made. And the alterations weren't slight at all.

Posted by Ant

Opinion=Fact.

In the case of Ninja Gaiden, it's not an opinion. Opinion != fact. But it is a fact that Ninja Gaiden = best game ever.

Posted by Big Boss

Um... I posted this thread waaaaaaaaaaaaay before the rumors of MGS4 coming out for the 360.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Big Boss]I think the latest issue of EGM has it on the cover, like "EGM(LOL!) 360 bound!?" or something like it, which is based on a rumor that started a week or two before the mag's release. I have the mag, but haven't read the article yet (just the "showdown" feature between PS3 and Wii, which would surely upset many people here, hehe), so I don't know the basis of it.

Posted by Axis

Jesus I hope that EGM becomes a 360 game. :P

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen](just the "showdown" feature between PS3 and Wii, which would surely upset many people here, hehe)[/COLOR][/FONT]

Not as much as sales figures are upsetting others.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Big Boss]

Quoting IGN:
EGM's rumor mill produced the short article and [B]it's worth noting that no sources were supplied, no quotes were given, and no reasoning was provided behind the alleged move.[/B]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah, it was nothing but a rumor that EGM pulled out of their asses.[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah, it was nothing but a rumor that EGM pulled out of their asses.[/COLOR]

Ah, well, ok, it was the first I had even heard of it.

Anywho, after playing Ninja Gaiden Black quite a bit now, one thing I hope they fix would be the camera, more then a few times I find myself in trouble due to camera problems.

Perhaps a full 3D camera would be good

The camera was fine. It was fixed just enough in Black for people to stop *****ing.

Also, it wasn't really pulled out of EGM's ***. There's definitely no proof, but the possibility is a lot higher than it was at E3.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The camera was fine. It was fixed just enough in Black for people to stop *****ing.

I agree for the most part, like just the levels and stuff I had little trouble, but it seemed for a lot the boss battles the camera was really a problem, maybe not worth mentioning since that's only a small portion of the game, but I'd still like to see a full 3D camera.

Only boss I recall being a problem because of the camera were the Samurai Horsemen, and that's about it.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also, it wasn't really pulled out of EGM's ***. There's definitely no proof, but the possibility is a lot higher than it was at E3.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Huh? How is it a possibility if no Konami official has ever said, mentioned or even hinted about a port to the 360?[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Only boss I recall being a problem because of the camera were the Samurai Horsemen, and that's about it.

When I first fought Alma, I got in the enclosed spaces to the side to wall run and avoid her energy balls and pillar throws and the camera went nuts when she came in there and I was fighting her off in there.

When I fought Doku and his samurai pals came, while I was trying to fight them off, the camera seemed to jerk towards them and I got hit by his wave thing several times because I couldn't see him enough to tell when he was doing it.

When fighting Phantom Doku, I dunno, I never felt I could get a good positioning on him even after adjusting the camera with the handy R button.

Hmm, well, that's all that I can think of, I think I did have some trouble when Marbus, too, but I doubt that could be fixed with a full 3D camera.

Anywho, it's nothing major or anything, if it stays the same it'll be fine, too just making suggestions

Quoted post: Huh? How is it a possibility if no Konami official has ever said, mentioned or even hinted about a port to the 360?

Take a look at other games, or even the idea of exclusivity. Then take a look at how much time and money has been put into the game and compare it to the market and what it has waiting for it. If its user base is too low to make a profit, or even a decent profit, the 360 looks like a pretty good option.

Quoted post:
Hmm, well, that's all that I can think of, I think I did have some trouble when Marbus, too, but I doubt that could be fixed with a full 3D camera.

Never had those problems. They mostly came out during the actual game, not during boss battles. And I've played the game a ton of times. *shrugs*

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Never had those problems. They mostly came out during the actual game, not during boss battles. And I've played the game a ton of times. *shrugs*

Sounds like you had the opposite problem to mine, I had very little trouble with the actual game, outside some times I got shoved in the corner by those bastardly Berserkers.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Huh? How is it a possibility if no Konami official has ever said, mentioned or even hinted about a port to the 360?[/COLOR]

One Konami rep actually denied the possibility of MGS4 coming to the 360 about a month ago (read from 1UP.com), saying it'd be a disservice to the PlayStation brand and something Kojima wouldn't consider. People have to keep in mind, or be aware of, that the heads of Kojima Productions and Sony Computer Entertainment Interactive have a good relationship outside of business.

Still, I see MGS4 coming out first for the PS3 with a 360 port (if any) following in much the same way Subsistence (Xbox) followed Sons of Liberty (PS2). If that happens, I'll be getting the port as well.

Yup. There's usually something extra in the ports, so I'd buy both. Then again, I'd buy a straight port too, even without any additions.