Peter Moore on Wii60

Posted by Bebop

http://news.spong.com/article/10814

Also, his idea of an 'ideal Xbox Consumer' is my idea of a close minded loser.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Who do you get close minded out of that? I could think of a lot of adjective, but close minded isnt one of them.

But yeah, I know people like that. He's got it pretty accurate.

Posted by Bebop

I got to 'close minded' because in my experience, and also from the way hes thinking too, these people's gaming tastes start with Halo 2 and end in GTA. The idea of Pikmin is Smash Bros is pushed aside as kiddy or too different and they simply choose graphics over gamepley. These 'ideal Xbox consumers' are basically jocks who think they know games. They are the all powerful casual gamer and the reason games are **** now.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Bebop: I get close minded because in my experience, and also from the way hes thinking too, these people's gaming tastes start with Halo 2 and end in GTA. The idea of Pikmin is Smash Bros is pushed aside as kiddy or too different and they simply choose graphics over gamepley. These 'ideal Xbox consumers' are basically jocks who think they know games. They are the all powerful casual gamer and the reason games are **** now.

telling it like it is my friend

i hate it when they go by a demographic of what they expect a gamer to be, like and so-on... how the fu[SIZE="2"]ck[/SIZE] would the industry know what i like to play, how i like to play and when i like to play.. they have as much knowledge about that subject as i do what they had for breakfast

i believe that only when the wii is released and they see a huge surge in downloading the classic games will we see a return to the all popular gameplay over graphics

Posted by Bebop

Baz, I imagine as a retro gamer you'll be in your element come the Virtual Console ;-*

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: these people's gaming tastes start with Halo 2 and end in GTA.

And? FPS, racing games, sports, and violence in general is all the 360 has too offer in the way of games. So of course their demographic is going to be those who love said genres. It's even better considering those same people will likely avoid the Wii, thus, less competition.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Bebop: Baz, I imagine as a retro gamer you'll be in your element come the Virtual Console ;-*

ah yeah totally

i've got all the consoles on offer and all the games allready, yet it will be fun to eleviate the wear and tear on my machines

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: And? FPS, racing games, sports, and violence in general is all the 360 has too offer in the way of games. So of course their demographic is going to be those who love said genres. It's even better considering those same people will likely avoid the Wii, thus, less competition.

You're right. But I still hate these gamers.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: "In a lot of instances, it [Wii] will be a number two box because it's priced accordingly. The fear I would have is that people will buy the box and only play a few games. I think you'll pull it out at parties. It's fun for a few minutes, but I'm not sure [how long that will last]."

Obviously every game the wii has to offer is mario party.

dumb @ss.

Quoted post: Obviously every game the wii has to offer is mario party.

dumb @ss.

Because the Wii isn't being targeted towards a party like group, meaning more than one person, right? I have the feeling many Wii games will be directed towards such a party, so in a way, he's completely right. The 360, on the other hand, isn't designed that way. You play with a party, but not gathered together in one room, like you would with the Wii.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Vampiro: Because the Wii isn't being targeted towards a party like group, meaning more than one person, right? I have the feeling many Wii games will be directed towards such a party, so in a way, he's completely right. The 360, on the other hand, isn't designed that way. You play with a party, but not gathered together in one room, like you would with the Wii.

What I gathered from his statement, he comes off thinking that All the wii will only be good for Partys.

Im angry because their plenty of games that will great that are mainly solo (mario galaxy, Twilight, Red steel.)

I feel that he didnt take this into consideration, or the fact that even party games like wario ware or Mario soccer are also fun game solo.

Sure the wii looks good for partys but the solo gaming potential is also there , which I dont think he really see's.

No ****, just like the 360 has the potential to make amazing single-player RPGs and **** like Viva Pinata. It's still made of mostly sports and FPS' though. There's no doubt the Wii will have excellent single-player titles like Zelda and Metroid, but there will also be tons of party games, because it's perfect for those types of games. If Nintendo really wants it in your family room, it has to cater to a family.

Posted by Speedfreak

He's a bit upset because Reggie said he doesn't care about Wii60, he said he'd rather people buy a DS instead. Peter's just sulking now.