MGS4 Gameplay Footage, Suprise Ending?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/tgs_2006/

English, MGS4, Click the can for the video.

So ****ing amazing. The gameplay looks amazingly deep... and the ending leaves quite a few questions. Theories and speculation HO!

Posted by Axis

Game does look pretty bad ***. Definitely one of the games I'll get for the PS3 when I get it.

Posted by Big Boss

Brain freeze!!!

****, this is just like Kojima. Playing with us like that. I'm not even going to bother speculating. I'll be wrong anyway, and if I think of a theory that I really like and stick to it, I'll probably be disappointed that it didn't turn out that way.

Looking at the old trailers and this trailer, I'm bewildered... but excited.

Oh, and the gameplay footage was sweet. Camo for the future!

Quoted post: ****, this is just like Kojima. Playing with us like that. I'm not even going to bother speculating. I'll be wrong anyway, and if I think of a theory that I really like and stick to it, I'll probably be disappointed that it didn't turn out that way.

Heh, there's a few possibilities in my mind. Old Snake has camo everywhere, including his face (beginning of trailer, scars.) The mask you see on young snake is what he uses to shape his face into an older version. Or, old snake isn't Solid Snake, as seen by the knife. If I recall, Solid Snake doesn't believe in using knives, plus, Kojima made the knife pretty obvious and in a situation where Snake probably wouldn't need it. Plus, Young Snake's interaction with the raven as if it was Vulcan looking over him (he smiles at the raven, it ****s on him.) Or Old Snake is Solid Snake and this is a new clone or something.

Who knows what it is, though.

Posted by TendoAddict

Holy ****!

A MSG game that messes with your mind? Thats a new one.

Oh wait...
--------------

In all seriousness their doing a dreat job. Their pushing the ps3 technology and putting interesting twists in the smallest parts of the story.

I wouldnt put too much plot speculation in yet because everything is new. Such as Vamps Knife agruement. It remind me of the first episode of batman-beyond where the old batman used a gun to stop a crime. Sure he doesnt belive in using guns but he had too. Even though snake didnt like using a knife he had too (or maybe he didnt , who knows).

You never know how deep a game is intell you play it. We shouldnt specualte too much, just keep a open mind.

Quoted post: We shouldnt specualte too much, just keep a open mind.

Shut the **** up with this crap. That's the whole point of discussing **** that's not out yet. You're supposed to speculate.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Vampiro: Shut the **** up with this crap. That's the whole point of discussing **** that's not out yet. You're supposed to speculate.

I know we need to guess at possible out comes to keep the forum alive. Im saying to not put so much money on stuff we dont know, not to stop guess because we might be wrong. I know your going to say "Ill think what ever the hell I want", fine go ahead, heaven forbid I give some advice to not count chickens before they've hatched.
---------------------------

Any ways,

I watched the video again from what I can tell it seems like a everything you know is a lie type of story. In the MGS time line big stuff can happen in little amounts of time. So Im sure the world has gotten twisted since we last time we played snake. I think this game will have surprises abound!

Sounds like the perfect MGS game.

Posted by Speedfreak

KONAMI CAN'T STREAM VIDEO WORTH CRAP.

It keeps f*cking freezing with the sound still playing, and it won't remember what it's already bloody downloaded.

And I can't download it. Obviously.

Quoted post: KONAMI CAN'T STREAM VIDEO WORTH CRAP.

It keeps f*cking freezing with the sound still playing, and it won't remember what it's already bloody downloaded.

Yeah, I never had a problem, but I've heard similar things. Just grab it off of here: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743

Should be a lot better.

Posted by Speedfreak

Judging from the screenshots there is absolutely nothing in here an Xbox 360 couldn't do, and Gears of War looks better absolutely without question (at least from a technical standpoint), so I'm disappointed with the graphics.

But the gameplay is a heck of a lot more interesting, and I have yet to try MGS3s CQC system and free camera (MGS3 Subsitence isn't out here yet).

Some of the effects look pretty advanced, but I agree, there's a lot I saw that could be replicated to near perfection on the 360. But are they a disappointment? Hell no. I see nothing to complain about really.

Quoted post:
But the gameplay is a heck of a lot more interesting, and I have yet to try MGS3s CQC system and free camera (MGS3 Subsitence isn't out here yet).

Free camera feels a tad "cheap" but a welcomed change, and CQC needs to be fixed. The idea of pressure-sensitive buttons is nice... until you want to get vital information from a grunt, only to press a bit too hard and slice his throat. FPS controls also need to be fixed. That's about it though...

Posted by Bebop

I'm glad it's got more open levels and you can actually have some combat this time. As for the guy at the end my money is on it's a clone.

Quoted post: As for the guy at the end my money is on it's a clone.

Wouldn't be surprised, but the face changing ability, plus the raven thing... I don't know. Another clone would just be disappointing.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote][FONT=Book Antiqua]Some of the effects look pretty advanced, but I agree, there's a lot I saw that could be replicated to near perfection on the 360. But are they a disappointment? Hell no. I see nothing to complain about really.[/FONT]

Near perfection? We already know that 360 has more available RAM total, and way more RAM available for video. Climb out from under your rock and look at Gears of War, the degree to which is looks better is frankly shocking.

I just saw the video. The animation was total dogshit, I'm absolutely appalled. Aside from the motion-captured cutscenes, it's no better than the animation in the PS2 games, we should be well past this crap. Metroid Prime 2 on Gamecube has better animation than that atrocity.

Right now the only things making me even want this game are a feature that's in a prequel that's simply yet to be released in my country and the storyline. I will never ever buy a game just for it's storyline, that's not what games are for. Konami better reveal a ton more game mechanics or I'm just totally not interested.

Jesus, what a disappointment.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: Wouldn't be surprised, but the face changing ability, plus the raven thing... I don't know. Another clone would just be disappointing.

I agree another clone would be a disapointing.

I was thining about other possiblities and then a though came across me.

Maybe its his son?

Hell a crap ton of stuff happened since now and the last MGS game. I looked at the face at the end of the movie and it looks like a smoother face then normal. Could be like a passing the torch story.

I dunno, just throwing around ideas.

Posted by Speedfreak

E3 2006:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/vk-fallen/3-1.jpg[/IMG]

TGS 2006:

[IMG]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5327/ps3metalgearsolid4gunsofthepatriots1158892487zy7.jpg[/IMG]

They've even got Kojima lying now.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Speedfreak: E3 2006:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/vk-fallen/3-1.jpg[/IMG]

TGS 2006:

[IMG]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5327/ps3metalgearsolid4gunsofthepatriots1158892487zy7.jpg[/IMG]

They've even got Kojima lying now.

Isnt the first one a cut sence and the second one game play?

Posted by Klarth

Kojima doesn't use CGI in his games. The above screenshot was presented as being entirely in-engine.

So, ok, the first one is better than the second... but that doesn't mean the second looks awful. As for the animation, I'm kind of used to seeing it in MGS games. So it doesn't bother me a single bit.

But I'd be happy as hell to see a port on the 360. It would mean I'd have absolutely no reason to buy a PS3 anymore, now that Assassin's is also on the 360.

Posted by Bebop

The 2nd one doesnt look awful but once again it's another letdown from what we were originally promised.

I hope the gameplay offers lots of ways to defeats enemies. Obviously we know from the series theres shooting and strangling but this barrel roll thing is hopefully the first sign of new ways to interact with your environment to kill enimes. I'm liking that idea and I hope it really plays out well.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]So, ok, the first one is better than the second... but that doesn't mean the second looks awful. As for the animation, I'm kind of used to seeing it in MGS games. So it doesn't bother me a single bit.

But I'd be happy as hell to see a port on the 360. It would mean I'd have absolutely no reason to buy a PS3 anymore, now that Assassin's is also on the 360.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say that. There's that new Final Fantasy "game" I suppose. And Jak 4, right? Everyone loves Jak.

And the texture in the 2nd screenshot does look awful.

Quoted post: And the texture in the 2nd screenshot does look awful.

Heh, yeah. I was looking at the character model, not the ledge beneath him... it does look pretty subpar...