What's the last NES game you beat?

Posted by Roth

I was just wondering what game everybody has beaten lately... I basically started this thread because I'm so overjoyed that I beat the first Turtles game last night! Finally, after all these years, I have been able to do it again!

Posted by ZEN

I knocked off 'Paperboy 2' early this morning.
Three consecutive in-game weeks delivering newspapers to a psychotic suburban neighborhood filled with rabid dogs, runaway lawnmowers, zombies, and (of course) "birds".
Birds hate paper boys (not as much as they hate ninjas though).

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Fester's Quest, some years ago. I haven't really played since then.

Posted by Bubblez

The last game I've finished also was Fester's Quest. I've beaten it several times and it's been ages since I last beat a NES game.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]Super Mario Bros. a few weeks ago.[/COLOR]

Posted by bazariah

i rushed through duck tales before i went to work this morning, took about ten mins or so....

im gonna overclock one of my nes's at some point with a faster cpu, so if i do it right the game should run double the speed, thus i'll be doing it in around 5 mins each time, maybe quicker

Posted by William

I haven't played my NESever since I got stuck in Dragon Warrior II, which I'm not really "stuck" in, just don't feel like playing it.

But the last game I actually finished completely, was Contra. Good game, but way too easy.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting William: But the last game I actually finished completely, was Contra. Good game, but way too easy.

i just beat that again about twenty mins ago

and before that i did ninja turtles and duck tales 2 again

Posted by Megatron

Super Mario Bros. 3 years ago when my NES actually worked. One of these days it will work again.

Posted by Landon

Mike Tysons Punch-Out.

Started on a fresh 3 Heart game of Zelda yesterday. Haven't played it "straight through" in about 15 years.
I have tommorow off work, and that is my plan...

Posted by Dexter

The Little Mermaid. Real easy, unsophisticated adventure.

Whomp Em. This game was set up in a Mega Man fashion and the difficulty is on par with most Mega Man games I've played. Maybe it was a little easier.

Terra Cresta. I just beat this game today, or so I think I did. It kept repeating itself over again, like many NES games seem to do. I actually don't enjoy the way they do that. I don't get the same satisfaction of defeating the game this way. I don't really know why, but it just doesn't feel as gratifying when there isn't a final ending to the game.

I'm in the midst of Lode Runner. Level 32 out of 50, I believe. That game will probably be the next one I finish. I'm still attempting to defeat Fester's Quest, too.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]The last game I finished was Excitebike. I am now playing Final Fantasy 1, I am about 8 hours into it and I am hoping to somplete it in the next few weeks.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

Quoting neonmole: [COLOR=Yellow]The last game I finished was Excitebike.[/COLOR]

Just out of kitty curiosity, how did you beat it? Was there actually an ending within the game, or does level 5 just keep repeating itself so cantankerously? I never actually bothered to drag on further than I thought it would bring me.

Early this morning, around 4:30 AM, I defeated the last 10 levels of Lode Runner. There were 50 levels total. Level 49 was probably the most difficult, but by that time I was desperately trying to keep myself awake so I could beat it that very night, s......ing at myself for being so ridiculous. I had to be alive in only a few hours for a pottery class that same foggy, warm morning, and when I woke up I wished I had went to bed sooner instead of trying to finish the game that night. Such abysmal self-flippancy. There was no extravagant ending in the game, just a turnaround back to the first level. The game had some intense moments of great perplexity and difficulty, while 2 or 3 little Bomberman looking guttersniping ignoramuses' eccentrically pursue and attempt to catch you for a fashionable eradication with their Trog-like technique. Very enjoyable adventure.

I'm not sure what game I am going to try and defeat next. Caption Comic seems easy enough, from my short experience with it, so perhaps my next expedition will bring me that way. Of course, those cute pink flamingoes in Rambo are just calling my name.

Posted by neonmole

[COLOR=Yellow]Well I completed all the levels , but you were right in saying the 5th repeats so I just classed it as finished.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

I classed Excitebike as finish as well, along with several other games that repeats themselves so exasperatingly.

Rambo has been wholly defeated with full dexterity, finally! I completely forgot about the RPG elements it has. I beat it last night after finishing a peculiar conversation on the phone with a few members from these forums. I enjoyed the game, for the most part. Having an expedition out in that vast forest with all those adorable bugs and pulchritudinous flamingoes was truly an adventure worth indulging in, even though they didn't seem to like me prancing through their territory.

What was with that ridiculous female creature tarnishing the mood so devilishly? She seemed to be following me (or John) around wherever I went, no matter the danger. I thought I lost her a few times while swimming around with the pink flamingoes, but she would always appear sometime during my gleeful voyage...most likely trying to sex me up with her copious flirtatious remarks about my powerful fighting endowments. I was so delighted when that sodomite concubine got shot. While I was watching her blood pour out, muttering to myself, in a very eloquent phraseology, my thankfulness and contentment, I was contemplating weather or not I should help her or just let her die. John Rambo is, after all, a qualified medic, as I learned with my hitherto experience with all three Rambo films and looking over his credentials, but he didn't find it necessary to save her.

On to my next adventure!

Posted by Arczu

The last game I finished on the NES that was recent was Kirby's Adventure. Boy does that game bring back some memories.

It wasn't easy finding out how to get 100% completion though.

Posted by Burrito

I think the only nintendo game that I ever beat was The Little Mermaid. Yes, I admit it. Don't make fun of me.

Posted by Spinal

There is only 3 games i keep playing over and over again, and thats zelda, metroid and smb3, i belive zelda was the last one i beat tho... for the 999999999 time.

Posted by Illyria110

i beat zelda last weekend

Posted by Dexter

I defeated Xevious: The Avenger. I have had the game for a long time but never got around to finishing it. Games that are set up on a repetitive engine disappoint me greatly, especially in games such as this one where you can't even tell when it starts repeating itself. It is not as though the levels change dramatically so you can tell when you are all the way at the beginning. Ando Ageanesis was certainly a challenge for my Solvalou, as well as Zkart, Talken, Jiara, and Zoshee. The rest of the trivial torroids were just getting in my way, forcing me to keep my focus away from them, which can surely be a profound challenge on its own.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Dexter:
What was with that ridiculous female creature tarnishing the mood so devilishly? She seemed to be following me (or John) around wherever I went, no matter the danger.

The woman in question from 'Rambo' was named "Co". She was John's "partner" in the movie (kind of), during which there's a scene where she dies. It was important to include this scene in the movie because it shows off Rambo's "sensitive human with feelings" side which contrasts his "well armed killing machine" persona.
It was like all emotional and stuff.

Anyway, I beat 'Ghostbusters'. Absolutely horrid game.
Anyone who thinks Atari 2600 'E.T.' is the worst movie game ever made needs to give 'Ghostbusters' on NES a try.
(And then shut their mouths.)

Posted by Tyler Durden

Actually, Zen, I own 'GhostBusters' on three of it's formats (with the exceptions of the MSX, and the Master System). That being Atari 2600, NES, and Genesis. And I still think 'E.T.' sucks balls. But only because I own that too, just for the nostalgia, not for the challenge of "the pits".

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Contra. Love that game

Posted by toxic

I beat Super Mario Bros 1-3 times a day.

Posted by Dexter

Fantasy Zone. It was a moderately simple game that took a great attribute of patience. I progressed more and more into it with each flight, until I finally took it done entirely. This was an easy challenge when I compare it with what I beat early this morning, before the sun was even out.

Batman. I felt so proud of myself after I defeated the Joker. Not to mention relieved, especially when I finally learned the secret to conquering him. The amount of times I had to travel all the way back to the Joker was ridiculous, but I was truly determined to take him down. He was actually really simple after I learned the secret. Other than that, the rest of the game was pretty simple, as long as you take your time and have the adept bat-jumping abilities at paw.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Dexter:

Batman. I felt so proud of myself after I defeated the Joker. Not to mention relieved, especially when I finally learned the secret to conquering him. The amount of times I had to travel all the way back to the Joker was ridiculous, but I was truly determined to take him down. He was actually really simple after I learned the secret. Other than that, the rest of the game was pretty simple, as long as you take your time and have the adept bat-jumping abilities at paw.

ah man i did that years ago, but it was hella hard without learning a stratagy, and you've made me wanna boot it up for the first time in 7 years now just to relive the fun i had with it

i beat life force again last night... hadnt played it since i was 14 either :D

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II. But this was quite some time ago. I have a craving to beat it again soon, though.

Posted by deftdelivery

Hmm - that would be Batman Returns.

Posted by bazariah

chip and dale: rescue rangers... done today before work :D

gonna go for ninja gaiden 2 tommorrow

Posted by Dexter

I defeated Mickey Mousecapade the other day. Minnie was acting all niggardly and indecorous, but her furry adorability and having her for delightful company made up for it, the frolicking klutz. At least she helped me m

Posted by ZEN

I knocked off 'Jackal' after many tries. Surprisingly good, simple arcade-like overhead action military jeep shooter.

A worthwhile romp for anyone who is into arcade-like overhead action military jeep shooters.

It's two-player simultaneous action as well, but sadly I didn't have a partner (as usual :().

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

I beat the original mario before I went to school, took me 10 minutes :/

Posted by Crazy K

Well I beat Super Mario 2 (On the GBA, it was much easier then the NES version) but the last game I beat on the nes would probably be Super Mario Bros 3.

Posted by bazariah

contra today twice through.. nearly did it on one life, got hit by a random bullet

Posted by Roth

Well, finished Dragon Warrior at level 20, conquered Contra a couple times through, and also knocked of Ninja GaiDen.

Posted by William

Dragon Warrior II. Not too fond of it. It's somewhat challenging to find places, such as the shrines, without a map. And yeah, the first one is much better in my opinion.

I haven't played my NES for a while though.

Posted by Roth

Well, I've been quite busy since my last post on this thread. Here's a rundown of what I've beaten recently:

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/castlevania.jpg]CastleVania[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/castlevania_3.jpg]CastleVania III: Dracula's Curse[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/sesame_street_countdown.jpg]Sesame Street Countdown[/URL] :P

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/solstice.jpg]Solstice[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/mega_man_2.jpg]Mega Man 2[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/mega_man_3.jpg]Mega Man 3[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/smb.jpg]Super Mario Bros.[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/smb2.jpg]Super Mario Bros. 2[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/smb3.jpg]Super Mario Bros. 3[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/metal_gear.jpg]Metal Gear[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/shadowgate.jpg]Shadowgate[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/uninvited.jpg]Uninvited[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/ninja_gaiden_2.jpg]Ninja GaiDen II: The Dark Sword of Chaos[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/ninja_gaiden_3.jpg]Ninja GaiDen III: The Ancient Ship of Doom[/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/karnov.jpg]KARNOV!!![/URL]

[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/lolo.jpg]The Adventures of Lolo[/URL]

I think that's all of my recent ones. More to come... :cool:

Posted by NES Queen

my boyfriend recently bought a top loader so we've all been having fun with that each weekend.

I still hold the record for beating SM1, <7min. and I had forgotten how easy SM2 was, got to the final boss in <10 though I could probably do better.

Posted by Roth

I've beaten 48 NES games this month! ... I'm exhausted! They're all listed in my sig (if it decides to attach this time, even when attach sig is checked sometimes it won't). I'm trying to actually play through Ghosts 'n Goblins now, as well as re-learning Battletoads. I think the last game I conquered was Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

Posted by Aquamentus

Castlevania 3 I beat it a while ago, it's been at least a year.

Posted by -Shadow-

The most recent Nes game I beat was Zelda II: The Adventures of Link, and that was last Sunday.

Posted by Dexter

I defeated Yoshi's Cookie last night. I really do enjoy these sorts of puzzle games. Pokemon Puzzle League (N64) is another excellent one. Speaking of puzzle games, I really am looking forward to my adventure with Fire 'N Ice.

Posted by ZEN

I recently beat 'Little Samson'. Did it in just the course of one day too.
It's not a very long game but it is incredibly challenging (and frustrating).

It plays like a multi-character switching action platformer. It's one part 'Mega Man', one part 'Darkwing Duck', two parts 'Whomp 'Em', and 1/4th 'Super Mario Bros. 2'.

Switching between each of the four characters and all of their abilities to use is definitely the game's highlight. Example...
Little Samson is kind of like the "Mega Man character" (is the most well-rounded in terms of abilities).
The Dragon can fly and shoot fireballs.
The Mouse can climb walls, set bombs, and fit into tight spaces.
The Golem has the most powerful attack and most health (but is slow and can't jump very well).
Using the right character for the right level (or part of a level) is game's strong point.

The boss battles were frantic and challenging. The later stages however, reaked of elements of "cheapness" but for the most part, all is good.

Posted by Roth

I got Mega Man in the mail today... I conquered it today :cool:

Posted by Dexter

I defeated Double Dragon 3 last night. Luckily I conquered the final female boss on my first arrival. It would have been strenuous to venture through the entire game again just for another shot. I remember doing that over and over again with Battletoads. I didn't even realize that you could toggle between characters until I got there, too. That really helped me out.

Now I'm working my way through Dungeon Magic.

Posted by LagunasSweetling

The last nintendo game I beat? wow It's been a while. Final Fantasy 1 I believe. Currently working on Star Tropics in my spare time =P.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Last NES game I beat was Mega Man 3. Love that game, more than any other Megaman, but only because it's the best one.

Posted by Xero

Last NES game I beat was Super mario 3. Counldn't save. Took me 6 hours to do it I think...**** I was patient.

Posted by The Punisher

Zelda.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Flame ghost: Last NES game I beat was Super mario 3. Counldn't save. Took me 6 hours to do it I think...**** I was patient.

I can do it in about 20 minutes, or less.

You just have to warp.

Playing it beginning to end without warping... Well, I don't know.

I'll find out tonight after work and let you know.

But for now, I beat Megaman 2 today, yet again. Never get tired of megaman games.

The Dr. Wily from Megaman 2 can be devastatingly hard, if you don't know what to do. For one thing, the only weapon that damages is Bubble, and that can run out, so if miss him more than once, you won't have enough to kill him. He's very hard to hit, as well, since the bubbles don't shoot forward. They kinda plop out and fall to the ground, then travel along the ground.

But I still love that game.

Posted by Zyne

Original Zelda, I go back and beat that game every now and then just for fun.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fei-on: I can do it in about 20 minutes, or less.

Wow! Your good!

Posted by Roth

Bucky!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/I_am_Roth/conquered/bucky_ohare.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by ExoXile

Dude, this's scary.

Bucky o' hare :D

(Beat it last week)

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

RoboCop....lol :D

Posted by JannettyTheRocker

I think the last NES game I beat would be Panic Restaurant, back in about 1992 I think...........Unfortunately, I've been focusing on other consoles since then. But I'm back to my NES. Currently working on the original Castlevania.