Online Games

Posted by Bebop

[quote]Mario Strikers Charged not only features an action-packed single-player mode but also supports four-player action via Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, letting you take part in tournaments with people from all around the world!

[quote]As well as a packed single-player mode, you can also go online via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and engage in three different multiplayer game types: Assault (instant combat), Skirmish (tactical depth) and Co-op (work with friends).

Source: [url]www.wii.com[/url]

These games have been scheduled for release between launch day and Spring 2007. Thats Europe. So that means Wii online ready, I would say, at the start of 2007. :chainsaw:

Posted by TendoAddict

The cool part is that its free.

Posted by Zeta

Hoping for more than 4 people being able to play each other online in other online Wii games.

Posted by Bebop

I wish Wii Sports was online

Posted by Speedfreak

Downhill Jam has online according to the box art.

Posted by Klarth

The second quote is Battalion Wars ii, right? Good!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: Downhill Jam has online according to the box art.

*gasp* But thats a launch title? Surely that means....Has Nintendo spoken about online at TGS yet? Or at all?

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh wait, apparantly it's not online. The box art is just the same as the DS box art (which supports online mode), and someone just swapped it in to be used as a placeholder.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Hey, apparently online gaming with the Wii will not be as silly as DS online gaming is. Have a look:

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=9609

One friend code per system, as opposed to one per game.

Posted by Bebop

I didn't expect Nintendo to adopt the one code per game thing like they did for DS but it's nice to know for certain. :)

Posted by minismok

Quoting Zeta: Hoping for more than 4 people being able to play each other online in other online Wii games.

actually in the first online game on the 20th (blazing angels) will support 16 players online in each game. they r also gonna use lobbies for the MMO games and have to use ur system code for the weaker games.

Posted by Drewboy64

What about LAN? Can two wiis connect, DS-style, to each other in mario strikers/batallion wars?

edit: I guess this is old, never mind

Posted by Angerion the Brave

What I want to know is can you use the Wii's internet to play GCN games online, like PSO. I don't want to pay for the service if it won't let me play pso online, but by the same coin I don't want to buy the Broadband adaptor if it will.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Angerion the Brave: What I want to know is can you use the Wii's internet to play GCN games online, like PSO. I don't want to pay for the service if it won't let me play pso online, but by the same coin I don't want to buy the Broadband adaptor if it will.

This is according to Wikipedia:

Quoted post: While able to play the GameCube version of Phantasy Star Online offline, trying to access the online mode on Nintendo Wii will return an error, asking the user to connect a modem or broadband adapter to the "GameCube".

It's unknown if the ethernet adapter for Wii would work. I doubt it though. So it looks like there is one more small reason for keeping the Cube.

Posted by DanKin

anyone out there