Another RPG game, Dragon Knight.

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.vgchat.com/dk/index.php

I don't suggest you play it too much right now, as I'll add some hacks to it in a day or two, for example...

Bank (Trust me, you want this. If you die, you lose 50% of your gold!!!), stats, like top lists, add 2 more slots to inventory, and be able to randomly find money or experience while walking around.

And I'll also add a Quests hack. For example, go to a certian spot and you get gold and experience.

And THEN I'll link to it in the header, replacing the dead and messed up 'User Pages' section.

Posted by higbvuyb

what about fighting other players?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I think there's a hack that does that.

Posted by Xero

Meh. The RPG inferno will be fine for me if I eventually want to play the game again. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Six of the mods have been added.

Two extra item slots added.
A bank. It came with the option to give other players gold, but we know what that does once people get to the end!!!!
As you're walking around, if you're lucky, you could randomly pick up as much as 200 gold.
As you're walking around, if you're lucky, you could randomly pick up as much as 200 experience.
List of users. click the name to voew their stats.
Hidden exp and gold hack has been added. Just one secret spot right now. Near the first town you can find 25 exp and 25 gold. Eventually I'll add more secret spots.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

lol. I am too cheap to buy a map. ;)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Map = You don't have to walk all the way to the towns!!!! Once you get stronger, got more TP (Travel Points), and want to get away from the first town, you might want a few of them!! Plus it's much faster than having to press the submit botton for directions over and over and over and...I bought the one for Bris, Kalle, and Narcissa after I was finally able to walk to Roma.

When you die, you end up back at the original town!!

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Dragon Knight]
Cheat attempt detected.

Get a life, loser.

LOL

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Well, I finally got a Roma map. I am always broke. It really sucks.
I got the Bris map too.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Walk around and battle a lot. Odds are 1 in 200 steps that you'll find gold or Experience.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Any around Bris?

Posted by Jesse Smith

It's 100% random, so you can get it any where.

I just doubled how much you can get. From 1 in 200 odds of geting up to 200 exp/gold, I changed it to 1 in 50 odds of geting up to 100 exp/gold.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I just made my first hack, er more like seven hacks to the game. As you walk around, just like you can randomly get experience and gold, you can randomly find a 'pill' and gain one Hit Points max, Magic Points max, Travel Points max, Strength, Dexterity, Attack Power, or Defense Power. Odds are 1 in 100 for each of them.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Cool, I have been finding all kinds of stuff.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Dare I confess it...php isn't so hard to change! I've always been a perl fan, editing perl scripts ever since the late 90s!!!! Until now I had only made one php hack, one to vBulletin 2.X.

Babble Box pop-up link has been added. Click [New] to get a new window. Use the browser toolbar window to reload it. I don't think the chat has automatic reloads.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Jesse Smith: I just made my first hack, er more like seven hacks to the game. As you walk around, just like you can randomly get experience and gold, you can randomly find a 'pill' and gain one Hit Points max, Magic Points max, Travel Points max, Strength, Dexterity, Attack Power, or Defense Power. Odds are 1 in 100 for each of them.

!!!
I just got three pills in five moves. What? That's nto a 1 in 100 chance.

And its pretty wierd finding experience on the ground, because its not a physical object.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Think of it as luck!!!!! I also had that occure once. Hince the reason they all only give you 1!!!!! :D

I think the experience message talks about training. The hack is called 'Training Camp'!!! It just doens't have pictures!!!

Posted by scylla22

already found 3 glitches in the game

1: Travel north X spaces and east X spaces. You get 25 gold and 25 exp every time.

2: grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

3: Click "Travel to Midtown" no matter where you are at and you will instantly arrive at midtown.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting scylla22: 1: Travel north X spaces and east X spaces. You get 25 gold and 25 exp every time.

Read da first post.

Quoting scylla22: 2: grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrr is right!!!! grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Quoting scylla22: 3: Click "Travel to Midtown" no matter where you are at and you will instantly arrive at midtown.

Were you thinking you should end up on da moon??!!! :D (It doesn't cost any TP to go there.)

Posted by GameMiestro

Ugggg... one of you got 60000 EXP in one day? Sorry bud, I don't have that much time or sanity. I'll stick with RPG Inferno.

Posted by scylla22

Quoting GameMiestro: Christ... one of you got 60000 EXP in one day? Sorry bud, I don't have that much time or sanity. I'll stick with RPG Inferno.

uh, no. Your off by about 10,000 exp :D

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=scylla22]uh, no. Your off by about 10,000 exp :D

WELL, YOU'RE OFF ME IN INFERNO BY ABOUT 120 LEVELS

SO STFU

Posted by scylla22

Quoting GameMiestro: WELL, YOU'RE OFF ME IN INFERNO BY ABOUT 120 LEVELS

SO STFU

Oh you poor thing. You can't be number 1 at every single game installed so whine when you find somebody better than you at a different game?

Waytogo GM. Here, have a golden star for that.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=scylla22]Oh you poor thing. You can't be number 1 at every single game installed so whine when you find somebody better than you at a different game?

Waytogo GM. Here, have a golden star for that.

I wasn't whining at all. I was simpily stating that since it took me nearly an hour yesterday to get 1000 EXP, the idea that I could possibly compete with any of you is simpily preposterous.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting GameMiestro: I wasn't whining at all. I was simpily stating that since it took me nearly an hour yesterday to get 1000 EXP, the idea that I could possibly compete with any of you is simpily preposterous.

just wait until i can be bothered to spend some time playing :D

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=bazariah]just wait until i can be bothered to spend some time playing :D

Heck, I cant WAIT to see that. You should have been there with version 3 of the RPG... competing with Admins is rather difficult.

Posted by scylla22

Its not really all that hard to level up as it may look like. Since about level 15 I've been getting an average of 100 or more exp per fight. Just buy the armor that gives +100 defence and after that, fight near Bris.

BTW, am I the only guy who has all of the maps bought??

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I think I am the number 2 guy. I have two maps to go. lol I still prefer Inferno. But then again an RPG with some real time graphics would be even better. ;)

Don't worry, Jesse, I am not expecting that here. It would take up way too much bandwidth and storage space.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting GameMiestro: Ugggg... one of you got 60000 EXP in one day? Sorry bud, I don't have that much time or sanity. I'll stick with RPG Inferno.

Now now, you're not supposed to play the game just to compete against every one!!! It's only been around for a day and a half, so you can play it!!! Depending on the character, you have to have 9,609,488 of experience to hit Level 99!!!! At this rate, it'll take him a long time to hit Level 99!!! :D

Quoting PROF CHAOS: lol. I am too cheap to buy a map. ;)

Are you sure about that!!! :D:D:D Yes, they help BIG time!!! :D

Posted by Jesse Smith

Two top 25 lists have been added.

Top 25 Users
Top 25 Richest Players

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I got most of the maps, now, Jesse. That comment was when I just started.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting scylla22: Just buy the armor that gives +100 defence and after that, fight near Bris.

Let me correct you...Just buy the armor that gives +100 defence and the sword that gives +100 attack power, and after that, fight near Bris.

Posted by scylla22

Oh. I forgot about that sword. Now I have: Magic Sword, Bright Armor & Silver Shield.

And we could also use this mod too: [URL="http://dragon.se7enet.com/mods/index.php?do=file&id=84"]Unlimited Levels and Stat Upgrade[/URL]

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Something tells me that there are no TP bonuses near Narcissa. I was there a long time and found none. All over the place. I checked out Bris and Roma, found several. Jesse, please check to see if you actually added some there. Because not finding any the length of time I was fighting in Narcissa is pretty strange. I finally had enough TP to make it to Hambry. I haven't found any there either. Do I have to go to Roma and Briss to get any?

Please parden my rant.

Posted by scylla22

I've also noticed a drop once you leave from Bris & Roma to other towns. I only have 132 TP so far. It seems the farther you go, the less likely you are to get TP bonuses.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Finally made it to Gilead. Beat Red Dragon and got a Dragon Plate. Purchased a bunch of stuff at Gilead. Purchased the last map to Endworld. Now to get the TP and money needed for the ultimate weapons, armour and shields at Endworld.

Posted by scylla22

Quoting PROF CHAOS: Finally made it to Gilead. Beat Red Dragon and got a Dragon Plate. Purchased a bunch of stuff at Gilead. Purchased the last map to Endworld. Now to get the TP and money needed for the ultimate weapons, armour and shields at Endworld.

I already got past that... a few hours ago.

Jesse, add some more towns!!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Quoting scylla22: I already got past that... a few hours ago.

Jesse, add some more towns!!

Ahh come on. I am not competing with anybody here. Congrats. I was just pressing my point about the TP bonus issue. Hey, this is really weird though, I did find a TP bonus near Gilead (where I had been beating monsters long before I got the TP to jump to the town. But kept just missing the town because of a need to heal). That TP point was what I needed to gain the TP needed. Now Endworld will probably be easier to get to from Narcissa. I wonder what I will do first. Fight to the town or gain the required TP. lol

For now, I will probably just fight around Gilead to optain some more Dragon Plates (+50 Defense) and the other thing to that gives you +50 attack power.

Posted by scylla22

I know that your not competing with me but its boring without having any other towns to go to.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

WOW, that Silver Scorpion is a toughy. But it gives out a lot of gold.

note: the area around Gilead gives TP bonuses. So it seems to be the areas around Narcissa and Hambry that don't.

Posted by Jesse Smith

[php]$maxtpchance = rand(1,100); // Find random number between 1 and 100
if ($maxtpchance == 1) { // If the random number is one..
$maxtp = rand(1,1); // How many you can get. (rand(1,X); with X being how many you can get max.)
doquery("UPDATE {{table}} SET maxtp=maxtp+$maxtp WHERE id=".$userrow["id"], "users"); // Update the maxtp variable.
$page = "You were walking around and you found a pill and swallowed it. You gained $maxtp in Max TP!"; // Output
display($page, "You were walking around and you found a pill and swallowed it. You gained $maxtp in Max TP!");
die();
}
[/php]

In the code, there is no place set up to give them. It's all random.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

That is really strange. I guess it is like all random things, it starts to show a little pattern.

Posted by Jesse Smith

There have been times where I got an item twice...and it didn't take even close to 100 steps to get them, but around 10. A few other times, two or three steps in a row have increased different stats!!!

Quoting scylla22 da cheater: its boring without having any other towns to go to.

That's what you get for cheating. Make a new account, try the hard version, and learn to not cheat. BTW, the harder the game, the more exp/gold you get in battle, since da monsters are harder. Where you got around 100 exp near that town, I was geting at much as around 150 exp...even with the Dark Axe that knocks off 5% of the exp.

[quote]Dragon Knight includes the ability to play using one of three difficulty levels. All monster statistics in the game are set at a base number. However, using a difficulty multiplier, certain statistics are increased. The amount of hit points a monster has goes up, which means it will take longer to kill. But the amount of experience and gold you gain from killing it also goes up. So the game is a little bit harder, but it is also more rewarding. The following are the three difficulty levels and their statistic multiplier, which applies to the monster's HP, experience drop, and gold drop.

* Easy: 1
* Medium: 1.2
* Hard: 1.5

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Jesse, is there a hack where you can modify your setting from easy to hard or from easy to medium? I wish I could swap back and forth.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I don't think so. I'm not sure how to make that one. The ones I made were made by looking at the mySQL database using phpMyAdmin, while using the random gold increase hack to make the random stats hack.

Two hacks that I'll probably make next week will be random free Inns when walking around (Odds probably being atleast 1 in 200.), and possibly having warps from area to area.

Posted by scylla22

Quoting Jesse Smith:

That's what you get for cheating. Make a new account, try the hard version, and learn to not cheat. BTW, the harder the game, the more exp/gold you get in battle, since da monsters are harder. Where you got around 100 exp near that town, I was geting at much as around 150 exp...even with the Dark Axe that knocks off 5% of the exp.

Actually Jesse, I didnt cheat when I played. I just happen to be a hardcore gamer.

Posted by keyartist

Also you should add cpu people who you can "chat" with. Maybe also caves/dungeon maps. Chest and keys to open then as well, but like 1/1000 odds or more. Quests of coarse. Maybe diffrent regions like mountains, forests swamps. The warp thing also sucks. It should depend on how far you are away from that place because you can warp from endworld to mid world with 0 tp.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I used to have 300 HP. For some reason I lost 100 of them replacing Dragon Plate with Demon's Lie.

Found the problem..... Demon's Lie takes HP....

Around Endworld, there is a bot that gives you Demon's Lie, it gives you +100 strength or attack power (I forgot which). But when you equip it, you are -100 your regular HP. This could be a problem if you are fighting some of the bots around Endworld. Because they can take off quite a bit of HP. Even with a 700 + defense.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Well, there is still one monster I cannot beat, Lucifuge. I am still playing because there are still some cool drops I am stiving to get off of the monsters and I have an idea that Lucifuge has them. I could be wrong. ;)

Posted by PROF CHAOS

WOOWEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally beat Lucifuge. I got over 9000 EXP and 9000 gold. I did not get an item drop. But it was only one win. I will see what happens when I can beat him more.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh gees...1,416,918 experience. Something tells me you've played that a LOT and like RPG games!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Quoting Jesse Smith: Oh gees...1,416,918 experience. Something tells me you've played that a LOT and like RPG games!!!! :D:D:D

Yes, I am totally addicted. :D