Sony charge $450 for Gran Turismo

Posted by Hyper

[URL="http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831"]http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831[/URL]

...So basically, they're making you buy the game, and then buy cars and tracks seperately. WTF?

Posted by Lord of Spam

As someone who always loved teh GT series, this REALLY ****es me off. I hate the idea of micropayments in any form.

Posted by TendoAddict

Not surpised but still ****ed off. One of the only noticable launch games is now another Sony money scheme.

Posted by higbvuyb

WHO CARES ABOUT CUSTOMERS LETS JUST TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN

Hopefully someone will manage to hack the console and the game so that you can get free cars. Especially if they're already on the disc, and just 'locked'.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, I was about to make this thread. MICROTRANSACTIONS!

From what I hear it's going to cost well over $1000 to buy all the cars and tracks and ****, AND THAT'S NOT INCLUDING THE PRICE OF THE PS3, THE (unannounced) ONLINE SERVICE, THE TV OR THE ACTUAL DISC.

Posted by Bebop

If someone buys Gran Turismo, I'm sure wasting money isnt an usual thing.

Posted by Lord of Spam

HAHA CUZ ONLY DEM MORNZ PLAY TEH RACE GAMEZ

The Gran Turismo series has been known for quality and realistic physics and modeling since it was introduced. I've played every one so far, and find this new trend saddening.

Posted by Xero

600$ for the console? Holy shi- it's getting far too expensinve. The game being 60$ seems ok, because I've seen more expensive games.

Having to go and buy cars and tracks is annoying. Why can't we buy them in packages? So complicated...

Posted by Speedfreak

No, no. That wasn't a typo. To unlock everything in this game you will have to pay between 450 and 900 dollars.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its times like this I begin to love software pirates.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Speedfreak: No, no. That wasn't a typo. To unlock everything in this game you will have to pay between 450 and 900 dollars.

Once again: Holy shi-

That's one game I probably wont get. *opens mini playstation 1* "Ah my fancy FF games" :)

Posted by Fate

I guess it's like buying expansions for games. It's a full game, but extras aren't something you need.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Princess Fate: It's a full game, but extras aren't something you need.

I guess they think that the more features they make, the more the game would sell...but in that case I think its a bit extremist.

Posted by Fate

It's not that bad seeing as how you don't have to buy each car to get the full experience of the game.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]It's not that bad seeing as how you don't have to buy each car to get the full experience of the game.[/COLOR]

You don't get any cars or tracks. YOU ARE PAYING 60 DOLLARS FOR A BLANK, LABELLED DISC.

Honestly, I've seen desperate Nintendo fanboys make more coherent arguements than the one you just made.

This is extortion and Sony are a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]sholes for pulling this, end of story. Honestly, how on Earth can you defend such a ridiculous action? You're actually okay with paying several hundreds dollars to get the same amount of cars Gran Turismo 4 had?

Posted by Kit

Oh man, I'm going to love telling this to the Sony Fanboys at school. :cool:

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: You don't get any cars or tracks. YOU ARE PAYING 60 DOLLARS FOR A BLANK, LABELLED DISC.

Honestly, I've seen desperate Nintendo fanboys make more coherent arguements than the one you just made.

This is extortion and Sony are a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]sholes for pulling this, end of story. Honestly, how on Earth can you defend such a ridiculous action? You're actually okay with paying several hundreds dollars to get the same amount of cars Gran Turismo 4 had?

From what I gathered, the game is released as one whole game in two parts, meaning two discs or one disc with two different parts. Classic is what appears to be the online version, which you apparently have to pay for (which is probably a Polyphonic thing and not a Sony thing). The game itself is composed as a whole, meaning extras and online play aren't necessary. Why in the world would they release a blank disc? Sounds like you didn't figure that it could be two different gaming aspects in one. The thread that was provided didn't specify.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]From what I gathered, the game is released as one whole game in two parts, meaning two discs or one disc with two different parts. Classic is what appears to be the online version, which you apparently have to pay for (which is probably a Polyphonic thing and not a Sony thing). The game itself is composed as a whole, meaning extras and online play aren't necessary. Why in the world would they release a blank disc? Sounds like you didn't figure that it could be two different gaming aspects in one. The thread that was provided didn't specify.[/COLOR]

1) Polyphonic is a Sony 1st party. Sony tells THEM what to do.

2) Being charged $450 fucking dollars to use things you've unlocked online is total bull.

3) 30 cars and 2 tracks sucks for a racing game, especially one like GT.

4) To get everything that was available FOR FREE (I say "for free", really that'd what you were actually bloody paying for when you bought the disc) in GT4 will cost several hundred dollars.

They're selling you a demo (those things you can download for free on Xbox 360?) and an old game for $450 dollars. I thought even Sony zombies would be able see through this crap, but you're really beginning to make me wonder.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Princess Fate: It's not that bad seeing as how you don't have to buy each car to get the full experience of the game.

From what speedfreak is saying you HAVE to pay more to buy a car and a track, at least one,but if you only have one choice of track, the game gets boring quite quickly and you end up wanting to try more until you realize you bought every tracks and cars to test them.

Its a nice way to get those fanboys's wallet empty...

Posted by Klarth

People should just play the PS2 version of GT4 considering it's identical in every aspect apart from toned-down graphics and it's about 2% of the price.

Posted by Arcadios

Can't wait for PS3 to release a Monopoly game with a free credit card slot.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Arcadios: Can't wait for PS3 to release a Monopoly game with a free credit card slot.

...What?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Klarth: ...What?

I think he was attempting a joke.

This wouldnt be so bad had it followed similar plans some Xbox Live games have where you buy say maps or weapons in a bundle.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Sony fails :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arcadios: Can't wait for PS3 to release a Monopoly game with a free credit card slot.

Now why would sony release a monopoly game???

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

... whoosh

Posted by Xero

Would you mind expending that "woooosh" plz?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Flame ghost: Would you mind expending that "woooosh" plz?

The joke was monopoly with real money.

He was making a jab at Sony's payment system.

Because you didnt get it he he said 'woosh' wich is the sound that you hear when some thing goes over your head.

Thus vamp is saying the joke was over your head.

Haha and so forth.

Do you not understand the concept of paragraphs? Not ever sentence is its own paragraph. You can have upwards of seven sentences in one if you desire. Learn it.

Posted by Speedfreak

He was trying to make it as easy to read as possible for the poor boy.

Makes it more difficult to read, if anything.

Posted by Boner

Quoting higbvuyb:
Hopefully someone will manage to hack the console and the game so that you can get free cars. Especially if they're already on the disc, and just 'locked'.

Quoted post: + Not all cars and courses are available on the release date, they are added monthly. Some models may be a limited release for 1000 units.

That makes me think they will be actual downloads. Sort of like Wipeout Pure for the PSP...... only, those DLs are free.

In conclusion: /ghey

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Opeth: That makes me think they will be actual downloads. Sort of like Wipeout Pure for the PSP...... only, those DLs are free.

The alternate costumes for Roll on MegaMan Powered Up were supposed to be obtained from monthly downloads, but someone haxed the game to get them all. Pretty sure it'll be the same with GT.

Posted by Cloudstud

If this is what gaming is coming to with Sony its a very very sad thing..... Im usually a sony fanboy but this is one of those things that makes you completely question how anyone can get away with somthing like this.