PS3 boxes look ****ing stupid

Posted by Klarth

YES, WE KNOW THE GAMES ARE ON BLU-RAY DISCS, THAT'S THE ENTIRE BASIS FOR YOUR ****ING CONSOLE. ****ing hell, those cases are ugly.

Posted by Arcadios

They did the same for the Blue Ray movies.
The cases are wider.
On the game cases the top part is unnecessary.

Posted by Crazy K

I don't like it all that much either. The top part of the case is a bit ugly, and the clear blue is kinda bland. I would of much preferred Sony to just do the same thing and make a little new color scheme like Microsoft did for the 360 games.

Posted by Kit

I definately agree about the top part, I think it just makes it look ugly in general. I think it'd look fine without it, but maybe more like the PS2 game boxes.
If they are wider, I'm not really fond of that, either. Since I tend to stack up games from different consoles to make my room look a little tidier, it'll look awkward now.

Posted by Speedfreak

Jeez, almost as bad as the European DS boxes.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, you're all really uptight. Its a freaking box, for christ sake. chances are its just going to sit on a shelf and gather dust. Who cares what the box looks like; its the game that matters.

Posted by Klarth

Won't fit in DVD racks. Pretentious, in-your-face, pushy BR advertising on Sony's part.

"buy our official blu-ray rack today! comes in TRANSPARENT BLUE PLASTIC!"

Posted by Lord of Spam

K, not fitting in dvd racks is retarded, but aside from that i dont care. its a case, as long as it holds disks and protects them, it could be ****ing pink for all I care.

Posted by Pit

you people sure are running about things to ***** about the ps3!

Posted by Crazy K

I don't care all that much what it looks like, I just don't like the way it looks. It wont affect my chances of buying a game either way.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Pit: you people sure are running about things to ***** about the ps3!

I would have thought being shown a stupid design for boxes would actually give us MORE things to ***** about, but, hey, okay. Whatever.

Posted by maian

"HEY GUYS, THE PS3 IS RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO BASH, HEY LOOK, LET'S MAKE FUN OF THESE BOXES! THAT'LL DO IT!"

:rolleyes:

If a game box looks stupid or awful, doesn't it only make sense to bash it? It is the one container your games will come in for the next five years.

As for my opinion, eh. The see-through blue is ridiculous, and yes, the wideness is fail. I think game boxes should just come in black. A bright color that stands out is unnecessary, especially if promoting blu-ray. =/

Posted by Pit

Quoting Klarth: I would have thought being shown a stupid design for boxes would actually give us MORE things to ***** about, but, hey, okay. Whatever.

I'm talking about the console itself. I mean, jesus christ, we all know the PS3 is gonna suck. You guys never seem to get satisfied with it. Never once is one good thing noted on this board about the PS3, just the negative.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Pit]Big Boss agrees: They're running out of new things to ***** about for the PS3. There's just so much you can bash!

Well yeah, they screwed everything else up. You'd think they'd get these last few scraps right.

Posted by Pit

It's Sony. I mean, come on, when do they get anything right. I wanna hear news about something being done right, not something being done wrong. Then maybe I'll WANT to get a PS3.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Pit: I'm talking about the console itself. I mean, jesus christ, we all know the PS3 is gonna suck. You guys never seem to get satisfied with it. Never once is one good thing noted on this board about the PS3, just the negative.

Give me a list of good things about it which aren't already held by its competitors, then :cookie:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I like the translucent blue. Get rid of the top part and you got yourself a pretty case.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Klarth: Give me a list of good things about it which aren't already held by its competitors, then :cookie:

[quote=Pit] It's Sony. I mean, come on, when do they get anything right. I wanna hear news about something being done right, not something being done wrong. Then maybe I'll WANT to get a PS3.

dick

Posted by Random

I hate to against the flow but I sort of like the new look.

Posted by Axis

Who cares? It's a freaking box.

Posted by WackoHater2

Personally, I like the boxes. They aren't so bad. The text looks like Spider-Man movies though.

Posted by PerpetualAngst

Looks very thin, sleek and sexy.

Quoted post: The text looks like Spider-Man movies though.

You mean the font Sony created? No way.

Posted by maian

I thought they changed the Spider Man font. :cool:

Guess not. :)

Posted by Hyper

Are they ugly? Yeah. Still, the only reason I'd not like them would be the wideness. Even then, it wouldn't be a big deal to me as I don't keep games on dvd racks. I don't see this as particularly bash-worthy.

Posted by TendoAddict

Im not a fan of clear light blue. Id rather have it darker blue. Also the top part is stupid and pointless, without it would be passable.

Still not the bash fest Klarth seems to think it is. So it sucks, and so has everything else about the PS3 (cept MGS ofcourse).

Posted by Fate

I like how the only thing hateworthy of the PS3 right now is the price. Seriously, boxes?

Posted by higbvuyb

I don't know the shade of blue and the top part, but there's nothign else wrong with it. it won't matter to me anyway, because I, along with basically enervyone else, am not paying about AU$1200 for a console which is worse than the Xbox 360.

Posted by Fate

Which doesn't say much, considering the Xbox 360 is a great buy.

Posted by Hyper

Are we even sure about the color? It could be blue only because it's a Sonic game. I could be wrong though :(

Posted by Slade

Take away the top part, and I like them. They look fresh.

edit: And I've never used a rack of any sort for my games. As long as they don't make all the cases different shapes so they don't stack well, I'm fine with it.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Slade: Take away the top part, and I like them. They look fresh.

edit: And I've never used a rack of any sort for my games. As long as they don't make all the cases different shapes so they don't stack well, I'm fine with it.

What he said.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Eh, they serve their purpose, I suppose. They should have a hole in the top where the blu-ray logo is so that one could hang the games from the same meathooks that sony's industry standing will be skewered on, though.

Quoted post: Are we even sure about the color? It could be blue only because it's a Sonic game. I could be wrong though

Blu-Ray. Plus, Sony's colour is basically blue. Like Nintendo's is/was purple, Microsoft's is green, and HDDVD is red.

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, I know all of that. Doesn't mean there isn't a chance it isn't just the one game, though.

Ten bux says they're all blue.

Posted by Hyper

YOU'RE ON.

Wait, is that CND or USD?

USD. I'm feeling lucky.

Posted by brownoystercult

Well, the Blu-Ray movie cases definitely look better than the ugly maroonish red HD-DVD cases.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Roinkz: Well, the Blu-Ray movie cases definitely look better than the ugly maroonish red HD-DVD cases.

I CAN'T READ YOUR ****ING FONT. STOP FLIPFLOPPING AND QUIT ****ING TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR ****ING DEMEANOR BY SHRINKING YOUR FONT OR GIVING UP YOUR SHIFT KEY OR SCRAPPING ALL PUNCTUATION EVERY FEW WEEKS. Sorry, had to let that out of my system.

I am mainly irked by these boxes not because they won't fit into a rack (I have no intention of buying a PS3 anytime soon, so this doesn't affect me in the least), but because it's even more pushing of a horrible format. See, 360 games don't look like this:

And I severely doubt we'll be seeing a Premium bundle looking like this anytime soon:

Fact is, it's a format nobody is going to care about. Sure, I've seen it in action and it looks great on an HDTV, but you know what? HDTV owners are a TINY MINORITY and the average housewife buying her nine-year-old son a PS3 for his birthday isn't going to give a crap - nor is he. I don't think the other format is superior - Hell, I think both are worthless right now - I just think Sony is being far too pushy about getting people to use it.

Posted by Fate

So just because you're not in that minority, it doesn't matter? That's what I call "ancient gaming". This format will not be utilized at launch, and that's a given. You can't call it a horrible format just because you're not getting a PS3. It's like saying "I HATE SPACE GET RID OF IT".

I think Blu-Ray came out too soon.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]I like how the only thing hateworthy of the PS3 right now is the price. Seriously, boxes?[/COLOR]

Maybe on your planet. Here in the dimension it's actually being released in there's plenty of things ot hate about it.

The graphics don't live up to the majority of promises, or even look better than 360.
The controller is a laggy peice of crap.
It's been delayed in Europe and has a pathetic amount of launch units.
The games are more expensive.
The games are more expensive after you buy them.
The system is a ridiculous amount of money.
It's already late.
Does absolutely nothing decent for this industry.

Sony defenders have blown this thread out of proportion, no one was really going nuts over the boxes (well except maybe Klarth), it's just amusing that everything seems to be going for the market leader and cockiest company in the industry.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Princess Fate]I think Blu-Ray came out too soon.
Uh, yeah, not only is that just about the entire basis for my argument, that's pretty much what I just said. You know, the "both are worthless right now" part.

Posted by Bebop

Meh, they seem fine to me. I wouldnt say they were ugly but the part of the top seems a bit unneccassary.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Only on a site filled with Nintendo fanboys would a thread like this last more than 3 posts. It's a fu[COLOR="Yellow"]c[/COLOR]king box, don't like the way it looks? Throw it away after you buy the game. Won't fit in you DVD rack? Place them in a different position.

A huge serving of shut the f[COLOR="Yellow"]u[/COLOR]ck up is needed here.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Thats right, because its only Nintendo fans posting in this thread. Oh wait...

Posted by Hammered On

That box be ugly!

Posted by Klarth

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv09-2006-gamefront/2242.html

Hey, packaging for the actual console itself. Where's the complimentary forklift?

Posted by Bebop

Its a big machine Klarth. It needs a big box.

I personally hate the PAL DS boxes.

Posted by Klarth

Wait, they're different from the US boxes? How?

Posted by Bebop

US ones are black and have the thickness plus they close better.

Quoted post: Won't fit in you DVD rack? Place them in a different position.

Or how about, you know, don't inconvenience the customer?

Posted by TendoAddict

[QUOTE=Aioros][COLOR="Yellow"]Only on a site filled with Nintendo fanboys would a thread like this last more than 3 posts. It's a fu[COLOR="Yellow"]c[/COLOR]king box, don't like the way it looks? Throw it away after you buy the game. Won't fit in you DVD rack? Place them in a different position.

Klarth was the only one really b!tching about it (maybe one other I missed)

All the other guys basically all saud the top part was unesscary but its ok. And this is from the die hard nintendo people.

Infact a lot of posts were made by sony people. Hell they were on their "Running out of things to B!tch about eh?" by the 5th pst when the only one really b!tchig was the OP.

Quoted post: Speedfreak agrees: Nintendo is red, foo' >:O

Just noticed this. Thanks to the GC, Nintendo is totally purple.

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Klarth: I CAN'T READ YOUR ****ING FONT. STOP FLIPFLOPPING AND QUIT ****ING TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR ****ING DEMEANOR BY SHRINKING YOUR FONT OR GIVING UP YOUR SHIFT KEY OR SCRAPPING ALL PUNCTUATION EVERY FEW WEEKS. Sorry, had to let that out of my system.

Uh, no.

Posted by Aioros

[URL="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/743/743937p1.html"]You can shut up now Klarth.[/URL]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Hmm, looks like PS3 games will fit into your DVD case, unlike previously bit[COLOR="Yellow"]c[/COLOR]hed about by certain people.[/COLOR]

Posted by Unite

I thought appearance didn't matter , I seem recall this statement every time someone made comment about gc. Anyways the hd movies also look the same except purple.

Quoted post: I thought appearance didn't matter , I seem recall this statement every time someone made comment about gc.

You're really dumb.

Also, I feel the need to ***** about the fact that the packaging is smaller.

Just because it's Sony.

Posted by Klarth

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/743/743937/first-ps3-game-case-shots-20061103110102434.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/743/743937/first-ps3-game-case-shots-20061103110107684.jpg

They're considerably shorter than DVD cases. If I were to purchase them, they wouldn't fit into my vertical DVD rack as they wouldn't bridge the little grooves they're meant to sit in.

[quote=Unite]I thought appearance didn't matter , I seem recall this statement every time someone made comment about gc. Anyways the hd movies also look the same except purple.
I'm *****ing about ergonomics, not just-plain-form.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're really dumb.

Also, I feel the need to ***** about the fact that the packaging is smaller.

Just because it's Sony.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah you would, wouldn't you.[/COLOR]

Posted by Axis

Well, IGN just got two PS3 games not too long ago: Madden and Tiger Woods. Sent to them in final packaging and everything. The blue box has been replaced with a clear white box, and the length of the boxes are smaller than the PS2 boxes. Which means, they WILL fit into a DVD Rack just fine.

Pictures:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/743/743937/imgs_1.html

EDIT:

*shakes fists Vampiro and Klarth*

**** YOU!!!!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah you would, wouldn't you.[/COLOR]

Yes. I would.
[quote=Axis]Which means, they WILL fit into a DVD Rack just fine.
No

Posted by Axis

Well for me it does, dunno what kind you have.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Klarth: Yes. I would.

No

klarth your not buying a ps3 so u don't need to worry about the games fitting or not fitting in dvd rack.

Quoted post: Yeah you would, wouldn't you.

Nah. I don't have a DVD rack. I stack mine. I wouldn't complain but I'd think it looks stupid. I just don't see why they can't make them the same size.

Quoted post: Which means, they WILL fit into a DVD Rack just fine.

They'll fit, but not properly. That's what Klarth is saying.

Quoted post: klarth your not buying a ps3 so u don't need to worry about the games fitting or not fitting in dvd rack.

Does it matter whether he's buying it or not? No. He can ***** all he wants.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nah. I don't have a DVD rack. I stack mine. I wouldn't complain but I'd think it looks stupid. I just don't see why they can't make them the same size.

They'll fit, but not properly. That's what Klarth is saying.

Does it matter whether he's buying it or not? No. He can ***** all he wants.

yes it dose matter , i don't want someone who is moaning about something he dosen't even need to worry about.

Spoilers: You're moaning about someone moaning about something they don't need to worry about, even though you're moaning about something you don't need to worry about.

how do i shot logic?

He has all the right to complain, just like you have all the right to complain about him complaining. dur dur dur

Posted by Hyper

My Sonic-gets-the-blue-box theory is somewhat possible now!

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Spoilers: You're moaning about someone moaning about something they don't need to worry about, even though you're moaning about something you don't need to worry about.

how do i shot logic?

He has all the right to complain, just like you have all the right to complain about him complaining. dur dur dur

ah i just find it ridiculous he is complaining about a product he will never even use. He has right to complain but if he isn't going have to worry about it , why should he?

Posted by Klarth

You are complaining about me complaining despite the fact that my complaining doesn't affect YOU at all. Why should you?

Posted by Unite

Quoting Klarth: You are complaining about me complaining despite the fact that my complaining doesn't affect YOU at all. Why should you?

Actually it effects me slightly more so than the ps3 box effecting you. You can go right on ahead complaining thats just type of person you are.

Posted by Klarth

ps3 boxes are dumb grr ragh

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]DA GAMEKUBE DISKZ R TEH TOO SMALL WAAAAAAAA.:rolleyes: [/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

Yes, but they're manufactured to fit into a propietary system everyone buying them will already possess, whereas the Blu-Ray boxes (we are talking about BOXES not discs, boxes boxes boxes boxes!) are a shape which will cause them to not fit into standard racks so people will have to buy special Blu-Ray racks or keep them separately and not have them elegantly displayed and ****. Also, Nintendo didn't have a huge logo on the front of the box proclaiming that the special mini dvds were NEW FORMAT OF THE FUTURE SPECIAL DISC IS SPECIAL LET'S PUT IT IN A SPECIAL BOX holy **** oh my *** it's a SPECIAL BOX FOR A SPECIAL DISC it'll kill us all where do I put this? It won't fit in any of my racks let's stack them inelegantly next to the console FU[COLOR=WHITE]C[/COLOR]K THE STACK FELL OVER bork bork bork

Posted by segashadow128gcn

smaller than a normal dvd case. thats dumb

but personally i like the look.

Quoted post: Actually it effects me slightly more so than the ps3 box effecting you.

It doesn't "effect" you at all. It doesn't affect you either.

Posted by Unite

vamp i can see you feel you need to defend is right to complain. I was just questioning why he was complaining. I realized earlier it was pointless to question him on the matter.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because he already said why in the first post.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Because he already said why in the first post.

Actually I refering to part about ps3 game boxes might not fit into a dvd rack.

Posted by Dexter

I don't even like DVD racks. I usually make my own to fit in certain places and hold particular items.

The boxes aren't that terrible to me. They have more style than I thought they would, but that style is too childish looking.

Posted by Bebop

Its annoying they wont fit in the average DVD rack. Perhaps a CD rack will suffice.

Posted by muffla

psp boxes are too skiny so sony sux a nut

Quoted post: Its annoying they wont fit in the average DVD rack. Perhaps a CD rack will suffice.

Too thick. Assuming your rack has grooves.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]Actually I refering to part about ps3 game boxes might not fit into a dvd rack.

Okay, then. The seventh post.

Posted by Fate

Wait, won't Blu-Ray games be the same size as Blu-Ray movies? I thought they would be the same size or something. The boxes I've seen are tiny.

Posted by Axis

You're talking disks, right? Yeah, the disks will be the same size.

If you're talking about the boxes, the ACTUAL Blu-Ray DVD boxes are quite small too. Probably the same size as the PS3 boxes.

Posted by Fate

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. By that size, won't they fit into a standard DVD holder? :/

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Sony will probably make custom-fit racks?

Posted by Fate

Uh, no. Point missed. People are saying the boxes won't fit in a standard place, and I'm saying that from what I've seen so far, they can.

Quoted post: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. By that size, won't they fit into a standard DVD holder? :/

Read the thread. They don't fit properly. They were too large before, and now they're too small. In that they won't fit into the grooves properly.

Posted by Klarth

I have a vertical set of DVD and CD racks. If I tried to put a Blu-Ray box in one, then it'd fall through!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Confuseus say: "Boy complain about his DVD rack. Man use duct tape."

Posted by Bebop

Stack the cases. Thread win.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Fate: Point missed.

I ignored your "point," as all evidence goes against it.

Quoted post: I ignored your "point," as all evidence goes against it.

Except she's completely right. They will fit. All evidence supports her - In that small objects fit in large areas. However, in terms of fit, they won't fit properly. Which is something else entirely.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]They will ****ing fit, end of, everybody shut the **** up. Somebody close this.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I prefer the new boxes

Quoted post: They will ****ing fit, end of, everybody shut the **** up. Somebody close this.

A XXL shirt fits me too, but not properly.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]They will ****ing fit, end of, everybody shut the **** up. Somebody close this.[/COLOR]

Sony: They'll fit properly, of course.*

[SIZE="1"]*Sony proprietary BD-rack required, sold seperately, RRP $199.99 USD. Batteries not included. WARNING: USING THIS PRODUCT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.[/SIZE]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting higbvuyb: Sony: They'll fit properly, of course.*

[SIZE="1"]*Sony proprietary BD-rack required, sold seperately.[/SIZE]

Hey, that's kinda like what I said would happen:

Quoting GoldenMyr: Sony will probably make custom-fit racks?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting higbvuyb: Sony: They'll fit properly, of course.*

[SIZE="1"]*Sony proprietary BD-rack required, sold seperately.[/SIZE]

Hey, that's kinda like what I said would happen:

Quoting GoldenMyr: Sony will probably make custom-fit racks?

Posted by boomstick

I gotta admit that I'm not liking the size of the boxes too much, but it's nothing major, when/if I get a PS3 I'll just stack instead of pool it with the rest of my DVD collection

Posted by Dexter

I stack just about everything, even my DVDs. Well, at least I just set them up in juxtaposition. I used to use racks until I realized that they suck. There is always something that doesn't want to fit in them.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

i like the color. very transarent

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Sony have a history of making boxes that don't fit anywhere ever. I don't see how people see this as significant when it's just the latest in a long line of stupid mistakes they've made.

Also, that Sonic box was proved fake ages ago. I'm srprised no-one's mentioned it.

Quoted post: ony have a history of making boxes that don't fit anywhere ever. I don't see how people see this as significant when it's just the latest in a long line of stupid mistakes they've made.

PS2 and PS1 boxes were fine.

Posted by Speedfreak

To be fair, they weren't their boxes.

PS1 boxes were not fine. They were twice the size of CD cases, and didn't fit anywhere.

Like the EU DS cases, for some reason.

Quoted post: PS1 boxes were not fine. They were twice the size of CD cases, and didn't fit anywhere.

... wha? I have a stack of them sitting right beside me and they're the right size. The only onces that are twice the size are games that came with two or more discs. Luckily, my CD rack has slots for such boxes.

Maybe UK ones were different, but:

[img]http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/c4/9e/6e_1_b.JPG[/img]

That's what we got. Thicker than DVD cases.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Wings: Maybe UK ones were different, but:

[img]http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/c4/9e/6e_1_b.JPG[/img]

That's what we got. Thicker than DVD cases.

umm here in north american ps1 games fit fine in cd racks.

Quoted post: That's what we got. Thicker than DVD cases.

That's really lame =/ we got normal jewel cases.

Posted by Fate

It's a well-known fact that Sony just hates the UK.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's a well known fact that Sony just hates their customers.

Posted by Fate

Only if you're poor. :mad:

Posted by Speedfreak

Or like your computer to be secure, expect things you buy to work properly, want the best next-gen DVD format, like importing systems and don't expect your laptop to explode. Sony is a LOUSY company.

Not wanting to pay $600 for a gaming system =/= poor, spoilt brat.

Everybody in the gaming sector hates Europe. Fact.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Or like your computer to be secure, expect things you buy to work properly, want the best next-gen DVD format, like importing systems and don't expect your laptop to explode. Sony is a LOUSY company.

Not wanting to pay $600 for a gaming system =/= poor, spoilt brat.

Wasn't the exploding laptop a dell? If i recall correctly it had to do with batery over heating.

speedfreak you should move to north america

With a Sony-made battery.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Wings: With a Sony-made battery.

hmm seems sony battery only has problems with dell and apple laptops

NOT SONY'S FAULT THEN, RIGHT?

Oh, was that his point?

Seemed to be what he was driving at.

Posted by Unite

saying if it worked fine in other companies laptops , why are dell and apples only ones with problems?

It didn't work fine in other companies' laptops.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Wings: It didn't work fine in other companies' laptops.

only dell and apple have called for recalls what i have read.

If you have link to provide me with further info it would be appericated.

It didn't work fine in other companies' laptops because those laptops were the only ones that used that type of battery on a widespread scale. It was used in other machines, but just because the manufacturers haven't called for recalls doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Posted by Unite

Quite a few of the computer companies out there use sony batteries. There been 3 reported cases for dell laptops bursting into flames. 3 out 22k for the type of battery that was sold. could be more but with out more info we would just be making assumptions

It was found that dell and apple laptops had problems with the batteries so companies like hp felt that there customers had nothing to worry about.

Point is, Sony is the only company to blame. Their welding machine ****ed up and cracked the seal caps, it has nothing to do with Apple or Dell, other than them being affected.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]hmm seems sony battery only has problems with dell and apple laptops

Sony knew about the fault and shipped them anyway, stop blindly defending them. Only 3 known cases? Please, there are at least 3 caught on video.

Posted by lilwaterhead

Quoting Lord of Spam: Wow, you're all really uptight. Its a freaking box, for christ sake. chances are its just going to sit on a shelf and gather dust. Who cares what the box looks like; its the game that matters.

Yea i agree i mean ur just lookin for somthin to complain about but even if ur not at least u could afford the 600 dollar console

WITH THE PS3, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK FAR FOR SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. HAHAHAHA

Posted by KoH

BUUUUUURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vamp 4 canadian prime minister '07!

Posted by lanzer

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: WITH THE PS3, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK FAR FOR SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. HAHAHAHA

that...is absolutly true!

Posted by Toaster From Mars

You people are werid..

Posted by Ant

In all honesty, I've yet to see any other PS3 cases. Do they all look like the sonic one Klarth first posted?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Actually none of them look like that, lol.[/COLOR]

Posted by KoH

Obviously the original Sonic's game case does look like that...

And these:

http://forums.firingsquad.com/firingsquad/board/message?board.id=pc&thread.id=25434

http://au.media.ps3.ign.com/articles/743/743937/imgs_1.html

Posted by Degeneration

No, none of them have a blue case. PS3 games are always clear.

Posted by KoH

... Except for that Sonic the Hedgehog case, you mean?

And I'm also pretty sure he was referring to the actual design of the case as opposed to a trivial matter such as color.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The cases I've seen in my local retailer didn't look like that.. Matter of fact, they didn't look like anything. Come to think of it, no one is even carrying PS3 bull**** here around town. Which is a good thing, PS3 can stay the hell out of my work area.. Anyone catch the recent article in EGM where a couple of Aussie teens converted their PS3 into a George Foreman Grill? :cool:

[URL]http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/playstation-3-converted-into-george-foreman-grill-216695.php[/URL]

When can we expect the PSP Pregnancy Test?

Posted by Ant

Quoting KoH: ... Except for that Sonic the Hedgehog case, you mean?

And I'm also pretty sure he was referring to the actual design of the case as opposed to a trivial matter such as color.

yeah, that's what I meant. And from I saw of the other game cases, yeah, they do all have that same design! What the hell is the point of the top clear thin part?

This Sonic case was proven fake a LONG time ago. You can see part of a GameFront logo on the cover.

AFAIK all Blu-Ray disc cases are clear, but of course there will be special cases.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Ant;533405]What the hell is the point of the top clear thin part?

For easy gripping, of course!

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I would if they are going to make "jewel"-style cases that are made of the same type of soft plastic as the big ones. I don't think the cosmetic design matters as long as they are better and tougher cases than before.

... previous cases weren't tough enough? What the **** do you do to them?

Posted by metalbassist66

its a case a case is a case...... I could care less what it looks like. Not fitting still sucks but is not a big deal and I bet they put the lil top thingy on so its easier to get it out of shelfs..

Posted by veritas

I like them. I like how they are smaller. I would rather have a clear black though. 6,000th post on this forum